Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

It was his wife's requirement.

Got it. In That case unless he's showing symptoms or fakes them he's not gonna get it under insurance coverage anywhere save for the free anonymous testing places unless someone has other info

Quite a few clinics indicate on the websites that stating the fact that you had unprotected sex would suffice to get the tests covered by the insurance.
Actually never noticed that... good tip.

Reactions: Sudsy
Oof. Too late for me - already made an appointment with the clinic I posted earlier. Will know for next time though!

Reactions: TAG Manager
Got tested on Thursday, got my (clear) results today. Shame the clinic is closing in march.

I only got tested for hiv, Chlamydia, syphilis and gonorrhea though .are there more comprehensive tests?

Reactions: Lars Lust
are there more comprehensive tests?

Beyond that, you can get tested for herpes, hep a/b/c, trich at almost any clinic, you just have to ask.

Just curious, but would people say that the majority of providers(who are not vaccinated) that have worked longer than a year have HPV? I've been reading up on it and it seems like it's really easy to get and in many cases there are no symptoms.

Just curious, but would people say that the majority of providers(who are not vaccinated) that have worked longer than a year have HPV? I've been reading up on it and it seems like it's really easy to get and in many cases there are no symptoms.

You are more probably have it than them though. What I have read spreads very easily to guys and the current estimates are that 75% of males have had it at some point of time.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You are more probably have it than them though. What I have read spreads very easily to guys and the current estimates are that 75% of males have had it at some point of time.

HPV is a virus, and if you have it, then it’s generally in your system forever; like HSV-2 aka genital Herpes.

The symptoms are another story— lots of assymptomatic carriers. There are over 170 kinds of HPV ... about 18 linked to genital cancer, at least one to oropharnegeal cancer (#16)...and before the HPV-cervical cancer / anal cancer link was known, the large handful of types that produce visible warts or lesions.

There’s no single vaccine out there to cover the 170 varieties out there, let alone the ones that cause visual warts or linked to cancer. There are three on the market: Gardisil, Gardisil 9, and Cervarix; all vaccinate against #16 & #18 , the best known cancer-related HPV strains, but can’t do shit if you’re already exposed. Gardisil 9, I think has the most “complete” coverage. They claim 90% of the cancer-related ones or something like that.

Not just HPV, but most other STDs ... they just don’t affect the genitalia. One of the first super strains of drug-resistant gonorrhea was found in the throat of a commercial sex worker in Kyoto over a decade ago.

TLDR; I haven’t done it myself yet but probably will get the latest HPV vaccine ... Gardisil 9, as a precaution.

HPV is a virus, and if you have it, then it’s generally in your system forever; like HSV-2 aka genital Herpes.

While that is theoretically correct it's still splitting hairs. Even the doctors talk about HPV being cleared when it's undetectable as it usually then just goes away.

Meanwhile the Herpes viruses are very different as they are recurring and will then cause problems and can be transferred to your partner throughout your whole life.

Beyond that, you can get tested for herpes, hep a/b/c, trich at almost any clinic, you just have to ask.
Mycoplasma and ureaplasma as well, though it may only be worthwhile testing for those if you are showing symptoms of a UTI and test negative for both gonorhhea and chlamydia.

Reactions: Simonka

Rapid increase of syphilis in Tokyo: an analysis of infectious disease surveillance data from 2007 to 2016

By Yoshiyuki Sugishita, Aya Kayebeta Kumiko Soejima and Mariko Yauchi

PDF https://ojs.wpro.who.int/ojs/index.php/wpsar/article/download/553/915

Source: Sugishita Y, Kayebeta A, Soejima K, Yauchi M. Long title of the article. Rapid increase of syphilis in Tokyo: an analysis of infectious disease surveillance data from 2007 to 2016. 2019 Mar;10(1). doi:10.5365/wpsar.2017.8.2.006

The objective of this study was to examine the trends of primary and secondary syphilis in Tokyo between 2007 and 2016 using national infectious disease surveillance data. We analysed all 3269 cases reported during these 10 years. A statistically significant increase in cases was observed after 2010 with a more rapid rate of increase after 2014 mainly in urban areas in Tokyo. The notification rates per 100 000 population in 2010, 2014 and 2016 were 0.9 (n = 113), 2.2 (n = 295) and 8.7 (n = 1190), respectively. Domestic syphilis transmission was suspected in 92.6–99.3% of cases during the period 2007–2016.

Until 2013, the increase was mainly observed among men who have sex with men (MSM); however, heterosexual transmission became more dominant and eventually surpassed transmission among MSM in 2015. In 2016, the notified cases of infections through heterosexual contact were 22.3 and 40.4 times higher in men and women, respectively, compared to those in 2010. The median ages of affected heterosexual men and women were 37 (interquartile range: 28–46) and 26 (interquartile range: 22–32) years, respectively. Reports of oropharyngeal lesions have been increasing among both men and women with syphilis. The number of congenital syphilis cases reported in Tokyo was 0 to 3 cases per year during the study period.

More information and further analysis are needed to explain the reason for this increase.

In the Discussion:

“...We found that P&S syphilis cases in Tokyo generally increased from 2007 to 2016 and has been sharply increasing since 2015. During the period 2007–2010, an increase in infections among MSM was offset by a decrease of infections among MSW. As transmission among MSM continued to rise, the number of cases overall increased from 2011 to 2013. Cases among MSW and WSM increased rapidly after 2014, resulting in a larger number of cases transmitted through heterosexual contact than among MSM in 2015. We conclude that heterosexual transmission is a significant driver of the increase in syphilis cases in Tokyo with a contributing increase of cases among MSM.

The disproportionate increase in primary-stage syphilis may be due to increased ascertainment from prompt health-care seeking and improved recognition among clinicians. However, secondary syphilis also increased sevenfold, suggesting that the increase in primary syphilis cases may be due to increased incidence. Reports of oropharyngeal lesions increased among both men and women with syphilis. The proportion of those with oropharyngeal lesions did not vary considerably among MSM, MSW and WSM. The oral cavity can be a point of entry for syphilis, and an oropharyngeal lesion can be a source of syphilis infection. *7 Providers and the public should be aware that syphilis can be transmitted through oral sex.

...”​

*7 :: Saini R, Saini S, Sharma S. Oral sex, oral health and orogenital infections. J Glob Infect Dis. 2010 Jan;2(1):57–62. doi:10.4103/0974- 777X.59252 pmid:20300419 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2840968/

I am sure this has been discussed a few times in this thread but can’t find the answer.
It seems bbj is pretty standard practice here. Do people even worry about getting tested afterwards? If so how long do you wait before getting tested?

Some people do. Rule of thumb is wait three weeks or until symptoms appear, whichever comes first, in order to get an accurate result from the test.

Reactions: Acid Burn
As long as I’ve been here I think I can count with one hand the people in this forum that have ever reported gotten infected with anything. I might be wrong, but it’s quite rare.

I also feel that 95% of infections come from pink salons which is the reason why I refuse to go to one since it’s probably the most risky p4p in Japan. Other than that I think I’ve only heard of like 2 people here ever getting infected at a DH. Am I correct about this? Do we really need to worry too much if we just stick to (covered) non-pink salon p4p options?

Had ureaplasma infection (usually just lack-of-diagnosed as NSU but I actually had the panel to ID which of the handful of possible bugs it was) once, but also likely from overseas.

And chlamydia once a long time ago picked up from one of the legendary Shibuya PS.

I had a NSU as well. Quite annoying for a couple of months. And quite scary as well. Tests came back negative, although the symptoms lasted for some time.

In Japan, you basically get tested for the typical ones: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, etc... But there are many other bugs may decide to live in your little one for a period of time and that there's no medicine for. The good thing is that they don't produce systemic effects, and they usually clean by themselves after some time.

From that moment, I almost never get BBBJ. I would not like to end up with a chronic prostatitis.

Reactions: Simonka
So when I explain my mongering to my coworkers, they try to get on my ass about I spend money for pussy as they call it. I give them a couple of points.
The sad part is that I am more worried about STIs with non-SWs than I am with SWs.

Only reason Prostitutes are frowned upon is due to the fact drugs run rampant In the united states for around 80 years or more. So when the idea of prostitue arises a crack-whore or meth addict with no teeth appears in the mind. Japan is lucky to not have these issue with a combination of beautiful women. Nothing is wrong with this concept.

lol, I suggested getting a hiv test because there was fs included. Regardless of whether it’s with or without condom we should get tested for hiv.

Disclaimer:I'm not a doctor this i just my opinion.
That's not really a true a condom is "BASICALLY" 100 percent safe, unless you removed the condom or a hole or something you should be safe. I hear aids is mostly in the gay communitty. I watch New-Half flicks from Japan and notice It's the same guy having sex with all the New-Halfs alot of times raw.......... Maybe be a increased risk in that area. Don't play with your health people If no one loves you us fellow soap land goers do. Many healthy years to soap-land!!!

Disclaimer:I'm not a doctor this i just my opinion.
That's not really a true a condom is "BASICALLY" 100 percent safe, unless you removed the condom or a hole or something you should be safe.
No, you are not a doctor. You’re not even ducking medical would be my guess based on your assessment. And sticking a disclaimer of ‘basically’ and added failure scenarios doesn’t give you that 100% number either. You didn’t even do a cursory search online on the efficacy of condom use in HIV protection/transmission, otherwise you wouldn't have spouted the 100% nonsense. Or you didn’t understand it and still spouted that 100% safe shit.

Consider the fact that even consistent condom use cannot prevent pregnancy at a rate of 100% safe [from getting pregnant], and considering the HIV particle is more than 40 times smaller than a sperm head, hmm... think about it, does your 「‘basically’ 100% safe」 argument hold true?? No. Just actually think about it for a bit.

FFS, wrap it up and get tested once in a while. Even with condom usage. :banghead:

[QUOTE="MikeH, post: 243775, member: 11599"
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/l...condoms-100-effective-at-preventing-pregnancy
It’s great that you want to do everything you can to protect yourself from pregnancy before you’re ready. So here’s the deal on condoms: when used correctly, they’re really effective (about 98%) at preventing both pregnancy and STDs— but they don’t completely eliminate the risk. That’s because there is no 100% effective method of pregnancy prevention besides abstinence (not having sex at all).

Well I have to explain a little more so you can understand why they say 98-99% in America Lysol disinfectant Company was sued after saying it kills 100% of germs which was beyond possible to prove. So legally no one is allowed to say it's 100 percent use a condom properly and pull out to avoid over flow of semen you'll be good. In reality a condom is 100 percent prevent a std "In my opinion" basically saying don't follow this idea because technically no. But touching a human doesn't give you a hiv either how the liquid get through a platic wrap?..... Improper use