Shall we be proud of new iPhone 8 holder, or else???

iPhone 8 or wait for iPhone Ⅹ?

• Total voters
Probably because you're using a VPN. Turn off the VPN and see if the situation changes.
That's just a guess plus TAG at least, blocks VPN traffic that causes us problems by people trying to hide from detection.

Yes, I was using VPN by some reasons. I guess, that's because I use ad block app. That also caused for limited access? I was actually able to access fully, when I turned off the contents tracker, though. And now, I can't turn off VPN, it just flips on again...(°_°)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Not worth starting a new thread over, so BUMP!

My iPhone 8 will need to be replaced, I think...

Over the past week, there have been extended period of time that it will not charge. No matter what combination of charger, cable, position or location, it will not charge. I've tried restores, complete resets with little success. At random times, it will start charging and go up to 100%.

Something is physically wrong, I think... the portable battery I use will cutoff automatically when there's no current being drawn, so it's easy to tell when the phone isn't accepting a charge. Yet, the phone says that it's charging, but it's really not. The battery percentage drops...

It could be a faulty battery or simply a faulty phone main board.

I'll be making the trip over to Shibuya or Omotesando to get a replacement with Apple Care.

Aside from the charging issue, no other complaints with this version. This is the first real problem I've had with an iPhone since I've had one.
I've dropped and cracked them, but that's my own fault. :p

oh, the irony.... i busted my iPhone 8 screen last night and I already have an appointment for Apple Care today.
I dropped it face first, flat on the asphalt sidewalk. It's got a nice spider crack...

51E1E9AF-2ACD-47EA-B06A-B822189C2F3F.jpeg

Ouch.

While you're in the store, maybe consider one of these?

Ouch.

While you're in the store, maybe consider one of these?

Maybe... I have a pretty good case, just not pictured. If the phone had fallen any other way except face first, it would have been fine. But of course... irony...

But of course... irony...

Well, if you have to go to the shop anyway just better make sure you have a good reason! :p

Not that I can say I did any better; the last time I was on contract with one of the big providers I dropped my phone and cracked the screen 26 hours before the contract was expiring.

Planning on an 8.
Anyone walking around with an X is just flashing how much money they flushed.
A timid little IT guy walked into my office a few days ago. He asked me in a quavering voice, "Do you want an iPhone X? I answered, "Yes." He then said, "I am very sorry, but it might not be ready before you go on vacation." I said, "Thats OK. I can wait." I have never paid for my own cellphone in Japan. About 30 years ago I paid 40,000 supposedly refundable yen to NTT for the 'right' to have a land line. Now that I think about it, I am not sure what happened to that money. That was a long time ago. About 5 regular cellphones, 5 Blackberries, and about 4 iPhones long time ago. But the problem with someone else paying for your phone is that they then think they have the right to call you up and ask you to do things for them. Fuckers. I am looking forward to retiring and getting my own phone for the first time.

the problem with someone else paying for your phone is that they then think they have the right to call you up and ask you to do things for them.

Which is why I no longer have a company issued cellphone.

Which is why I no longer have a company issued cellphone.
Nice. We all have our price. They dont call much and when they do its well worth my time and bother, for now anyway. I dont understasnd these people who carry two phones. One for work and one for private. Makes no sense to me at all.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure what happened to that money.

It disappeared in a poof. But you are new to Japan then, it used to be over 70k back in the good old days.

Reactions: Sudsy
It disappeared in a poof. But you are new to Japan then, it used to be over 70k back in the good old days.

And actually, you haven't needed to drop that since the late 90s - you can pay a slight surcharge to "rent" the rights to a landline.

Reactions: MikeH
I got mine from a departing gaijin at a discount. I think the year was 1989 or 1990. The price from NTT was around 70k. I think you could resell it to NTT for 40 or transfer it for a small fee. And then you had to pay 10yen for every three minutes of local talk time. This per minute charge for local calls is responsible for retarding Japans entry onto the digital highway. NTT Idiots. I want my 40k!

I think you could resell it to NTT for 40 or transfer it for a small fee. And then you had to pay 10yen for every three minutes of local talk time.

If I don't remember wrong you could sell it to a reseller, not to NTT themselves. There were around 60 million times that 70k+ yens that disappeared in the coffins of NTT when they discontinued the system. In civilised countries the owners of the subscription rights were given stocks in the phone companies, but Japan has never been that particular about the rights of the small guy.

Still even stranger for me was the call pricing based on the distance between the phones. Not based on area codes, because then you would have known in advance how much the call was going to cost. That would have been bad for business I guess.

oh, the irony.... i busted my iPhone 8 screen last night and I already have an appointment for Apple Care today.
I dropped it face first, flat on the asphalt sidewalk. It's got a nice spider crack...

View attachment 6040

You cracked it, already??? I guess you didn't like it from the beginning.

I bought a cover with a US military created bumper, that I already dropped twice, but it's safe so far. I still can't cancel VPN. That's the only major issue!!