Guest viewing is limited

Share *Creative* Ideas for Tokyo Dates

Yeah. I used to have social events and other functions there through work. I don’t recall the actual numbers but it was at the time like asking if I prefer traveling by zeppelin or private train.

Fees (foreign nationals/Japanese nationals)
Entrance fee: ¥1.5 million/¥3.5 million
Refundable deposit: ¥200,000
Monthly fees: ¥22,000 (Single), ¥29,000 (Couple), ¥35,000 (Family)

So that first year would be ¥174万. Not this year either I guess...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I have always liked the idea of getting a nice hotel room in the city and exploring things/places like we were tourists again. Got a suite at the Aman Tokyo last time with SB which was nice but because of that, instead of exploring the city, we ended up just exploring each other :LOL:

Reactions: Frenchy
OMG I used to do Akiba tours WAY back in the day for investors, mostly tech-focused since back then Akiba was all hardware...now it's toys and anime and games and I'm useless.
There is still hardware, but you need to know where the shops are at, or be with someone who knows his stuff :)
I also love to visit shops where you can buy model parts and build train, city or building models.

oh yeah the back streets with used hardware etc; that I know! It's all the new stuff on the main street I'm clueless.
I agree it’s a bit hard to navigate around the small shops in the back streets, especially if you’re in groups. I usually wait outside and let my friends explore :D

That should be written, "High Priced Tea...." (and as the name of it) being IIRC $14+ when I stayed there recently. The Japanese restaurant there I think would be a more worthy overall experience simply because of the night view (if you reserve a well-located seat).

Just to clarify, “High Tea” does not mean just popping by to have a cup of tea (yes, it is expensive). Rather it is a JPY7000/person (plus tax and service charges IIRC) service that includes a lot of diverse and delicious tidbits, many bite-sized only, of food (including both savory and sweet courses) that are the equivalent of at least a medium sized meal served in a very posh and elegant style. Live music is included in the price. Also of course, there is a large selection of high quality teas on an all you can drink basis. It is a 1.5-2 hour experience if you proceed at a suitably leisurely pace with conversation etc. It is a fairly decadent dining experience.

See

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/content/...c/japan/tokyo/pdf/RCT_Lobby_AFTERNOON_TEA.pdf

For some menu details. And here is a photo of one course of the service.

-Ww

I see. We didn't get that full set which would be a different experience. I did try their chocolate cake and it was one of the best I've had. On a side note - the corner rooms (club floor) at that hotel had one of the top 3 city (night) views I've seen anywhere in the world. Paying for an upgrade from their standard rooms makes it worth it at 5,000 Yen cost as we got a chance to actually go into the standard room to compare.

Where is that and do they have Glühwein?

It's not actually in Tokyo. It's in Chiba.
From Tokyo station it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get there maybe. Depending on how you go. I recall taking a train to some middle of nowhere station and then taking a bus to the place. But it seems like a lot of people drive there.

I don't remember anything about the food or drinks so I assume it wasn't anything too exciting.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Don't know if mentioned here. But Mother's Farm in Chiba would be a great place to take a girl in spring/summer/early autumn if you have all day to get there and back. Very much nature, excellent Mongolian self BBQ restaurant - outside, overlooking the meadow from above and open till 5pm (I've been to a few in China and this one is good), and just perfect for a couples day. If you wanna take a girl back to her childhood state, this is the place wow her.

Last edited:
Don't know if mentioned here. But Mother's Farm in Chiba would be a great place to take a girl in spring/summer/early autumn if you have all day to get there and back. Very much nature, excellent Mongolian self BBQ restaurant - outside, overlooking the meadow from above and open till 5pm (I've been to a few in China and this one is good), and just perfect for a couples day. If you wanna take a girl back to her childhood state, this is the place wow her.

Very true, love this place!

A great place that hasn't been mentioned and is fantastic right now is Fuji MIlk Land. It's a nice 2-3 hour drive from Tokyo (if traffic isn't horrible) and takes you through loads of great scenery, especially with Fuji just getting its snow cap and the leaves starting to turn. The key thing is that they have fresh made ice cream (always a hit with Japanese women) and for those of us from farm country, farm fresh milk that tastes like milk should, not like that horrible stuff from the supermarkets.

In addition to the Tokyo German Village, Chiba has a popular German-style bakery in Matsudo. If your date is all right to queue for bread in a mediocre suburb, it's worth visiting.
hideawayreport.com/articles/view/the-10-best-bread-bakeries-in-the-world/