Guest viewing is limited

Shinagawa Immigration

psd

TAG Member
Reaction score
Anyone been there recently? I have to go for the renewal process, wondering if it's far less crowded than pre COVID era.

Anyone been there recently? I have to go for the renewal process, wondering if it's far less crowded than pre COVID era.
Renewed in December. Was less crowded than I remember it due likely to limits on the number of people meet in at a time and an overall decrease in foreigners. Things that would have taken 2-3 hours were finished in 30-60 minutes. Much more humane than before. Don’t know how reopening push, however so slow, will affect that.

Reactions: psd
Renewed in December. Was less crowded than I remember it due likely to limits on the number of people meet in at a time and an overall decrease in foreigners. Things that would have taken 2-3 hours were finished in 30-60 minutes. Much more humane than before. Don’t know how reopening push, however so slow, will affect that.
2-3 hours? I never waited that long, but I always had an appointment time. 2-3 hours would be torture!

2-3 hours? I never waited that long, but I always had an appointment time. 2-3 hours would be torture!

I waited nearly four for one of my renewals. Would have been in 2015 or so I think. Got there at 10:30 and left around 14:30 or so.

I did a walk-in renewal for zairyu card - took about 1 hour (pre-covid times). Waited another 30 minutes or so get my updated automated gate access for the airports.

Reactions: Sudsy
I did a walk-in renewal for zairyu card - took about 1 hour (pre-covid times).
I did one at peak Covid. Took me an hour to get inside, but once I was in took ten minutes and I was back out.

I did one at peak Covid. Took me an hour to get inside, but once I was in took ten minutes and I was back out.
Nice on the 10 min, but an hour to get inside... lol, that's crazy.

Man I hope it wasn’t in summertime. I’m still years away from renewing my residence card (PR). But it still keeps me awake at night

Man I hope it wasn’t in summertime. I’m still years away from renewing my residence card (PR). But it still keeps me awake at night
Don't sweat it, by then the borders will be open again and you can while away your time ogling all the Russian girls in short skirts who show up with their Japaneses handlers...ahem... husbands.

Wasn't there a smaller place in Tachikawa that you could get the same shit done for a fraction of the time? Been over a decade since I last needed to go.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Wasn't there a smaller place in Tachikawa that you could get the same shit done for a fraction of the time? Been over a decade since I last needed to go.

I always go to the Tachikawa branch because Shinagawa is just hell imo. It’s gotten a bit busier over time there but if you come at around 9am they open, you are out within an hour. Not too many people lining up. But the later you go, the longer you wait.

Reactions: Ken4fb
I always go to the Tachikawa branch because Shinagawa is just hell imo. It’s gotten a bit busier over time there but if you come at around 9am they open, you are out within an hour. Not too many people lining up. But the later you go, the longer you wait.

Nice. Yes, way less stressful and you don't lose half a day.

Reactions: Cinnabums
I miss the old Shibuya office. Nobody knew about it, and you were always out in short order any time of day.

I went for renewal on this Wednesday. Not much crowded. Took around 1 hour with all documents ready as required.

Earlier[during covid peak] they were limiting the entering persons and a huge line will pile up just before the entrance at Shinagawa Immigration.

But this time there were no lines and you can enter as soon as you get out of the bus.

I didn't arrive until 12:30 ... because of reasons ... the whole process of submitting renewal application, lining up 3 times for the pre-check, the check, and the final check, and get the acknowledgement slip took 2 hours.

Yeah. It’s just that they’re now requiring cover sheets on all the TPS (Tokyo/Pending Scrutiny) reports before they come in now. So if everyone could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

Note the TPS reports are the same as what was previously known as the TAPASS - Tokyo Area/Pending Agency Scrutiny & Synthesis - reports. So no problem to still request the TAPASS when you visit. It gets noisy there so you will want to request TAPASS in as loud a voice as possible so you are clearly understood.

Reactions: Cinnabums and NJTYO
Yeah. It’s just that they’re now requiring cover sheets on all the TPS (Tokyo/Pending Scrutiny) reports before they come in now. So if everyone could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

upload_2022-7-4_19-11-26.png

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: CharlieSimms