Guest viewing is limited

Shintaro Ishihara dies at 89

Sudsy

Forever blowing bubbles....
Contributor License
Reaction score
Reactions: just4fun
Yeah, won’t regret him much
He also said the French are terrible at maths and can’t count . we have 12 Fields medals. The US, 14. Japan… 3

Yeah well he was a Japanese politician… so obviously an a*****e of the worst kind.

Yeah well he was a Japanese politician… so obviously an a*****e of the worst kind.
Let's be fair - the word "Japanese" in that sentence isn't necessary. Politicians are proof that anal sex can result in pregnancy.

Also the guy who campaigned tirelessly to bring the Olympics back to Tokyo, and as part of his plans tried to stamp out the sex industry to present a squeaky clean image to the IOC.

Good riddance.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220201/p2g/00m/0na/054000c

You kidding??? This guy was awesome!! Trump before there was a Trump...ahead of his time. Even for Japan, the ridiculous shit he said was beyond hilarious. French are retards. America manages to succeed "despite" there being blacks and browns. Didn't he also refer to Chinese as apes??

I've said it before, it doesn't make sense to hate the guy. As a young man he was a brilliant author, playwright and BFF with Yukio Mishima--them two were most certainly cornholing the shit out of out each other and then getting dressed up in their fake military costumes and pretending to be the second coming of Nobunaga. They led miserable lives as self-loathing gay men in denial. At least Mishima had the balls to go harakiri himself. Ishihara kept up the charade, forcing his wife to stop shaving her legs for a week and dress up in the quarterback costume so he could pump out those four boys. Not a kind man.

Have a toast tonight to this asshole. He's probably navigating a very strange place now.

Reactions: johann.b
You kidding??? This guy was awesome!! Trump before there was a Trump...ahead of his time. Even for Japan, the ridiculous shit he said was beyond hilarious. French are retards. America manages to succeed "despite" there being blacks and browns. Didn't he also refer to Chinese as apes??

I've said it before, it doesn't make sense to hate the guy. As a young man he was a brilliant author, playwright and BFF with Yukio Mishima--them two were most certainly cornholing the shit out of out each other and then getting dressed up in their fake military costumes and pretending to be the second coming of Nobunaga. They led miserable lives as self-loathing gay men in denial. At least Mishima had the balls to go harakiri himself. Ishihara kept up the charade, forcing his wife to stop shaving her legs for a week and dress up in the quarterback costume so he could pump out those four boys. Not a kind man.

Have a toast tonight to this asshole. He's probably navigating a very strange place now.

I actually attended some kind of chamber of commerce luncheon event with him (not the French chamber… probably the American one , I forgot).

He started with something like “the Americans say I’m crazy , they are probably right. The Chinese say I’m the devil, they are certainly right”. And it went downhill from there. I must admit I laughed a few times though. What a clown.
Didn't know he was gay and a pal of Mishima though

Last edited:
I actually attended some kind of chamber of commerce luncheon event with him (not the French chamber… probably the American one , I forgot).

I might have been in the same event. I think I saw him two or three times when he was still The Mayor. Let's say at least he was more entertaining than most luncheon speakers.

Reactions: Frenchy
I might have been in the same event. I think I saw him two or three times when he was still The Mayor. Let's say at least he was more entertaining than most luncheon speakers.
He probably used the same intro many times. but yeah come to think of it , it must have been at the Croatian chamber of commerce so you must have been there too :)

RIP. The irony is that he was once seen as a representative of "rebelling youth" in the late 1950s. Many of his novels were about nanpa, gambles, sex of rich kids. In one of his novels, the protagonist got his penis piercing through a shoji wall to surprise his girlfriend who's busy reading (and she threw the book at him (literally)). He shouldn't have been in politics.

Last edited:
it must have been at the Croatian chamber of commerce so you must have been there too :)

We kyrgyzstans don't take insults like that lightly.

Reactions: Frenchy
Didn't know he was gay and a pal of Mishima though

3z187904.jpg

BUTT. BUDDIES.

In my early 20s I read "The Sound of Waves." It's been so many years I can't recall exactly, but I believe that's the one where he describes this young teenage couple together at a beach, with little wording about the girl but practically a fucking detailed essay on how the boy's skin glistened while coming out of the water. Shit, almost gave me a half-chub.

These two closet sausage-jockeys were fucking nuts but they were brilliant writers.

Yeah, won’t regret him much
He also said the French are terrible at maths and can’t count . we have 12 Fields medals. The US, 14. Japan… 3
I thought he just said your counting system is stupid.

I thought he just said your counting system is stupid.
In fact it’s worse , apparently this is what he said : French has failed as an international language because it is a language that cannot count numbers.
So yeah, I admit, when we count we use different languages. I count in Tagalog now . :)

Reactions: IchigoDave
In fact it’s worse , apparently this is what he said : French has failed as an international language because it is a language that cannot count numbers.
So yeah, I admit, when we count we use different languages. I count in Tagalog now . :)
Haha, thats a pretty funny quote. Im starting to like this guy.

I didn't know he was such an idiot. Good riddance indeed.

Ah, the irony...

It's been said countless times but people who are in power positions really are the least suitable to hold those positions.

Reactions: Sudsy
That was nothing more than his bitter resentment, as he once said.
“I love France. I once had a French girlfriend. She gave me a pistol as a souvenir but now it’s too old to be of any use.”

In this case I have to bring up a quote that is misattributed to Mark Twain, but was actually said by Clarence Darrow (but not the same wording):

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."