Shipping/Mailing packages back to USA?

Bob

Enjoying life with the ladies!
Reaction score
Anyone know any postal locations in or around Tokyo that speaks english? All the Japan post only speak Japanese and everything is written in Japanese.
Per friends have said it's kinda hard if you can't read or speak Japanese.

Reactions: krdxgm69
Um...

If you package and label everything you want to send, you can just take it any post office and tell them where it's going. (what country) they'll calculate the weight vs. destination and tell you how much it is. They'll slap a sticker on it and off it goes...

Any other required documentation is up to you -- I guess based on the receiving country.

Are you doing something more complicated?

No, just trying to send some stuff I bought back home that I can't fit into luggage.

No, just trying to send some stuff I bought back home that I can't fit into luggage.
Should be fairly straight forward then.

I'd recommend buying packing material from a local shop and putting it all together. Costs for actually shipping won't be nearly as high compared to what DHL, UPS or FEDEX would charge from Japan.

Additionally, I did ask around and there's no guarantee about which postal location has English support. They may speak basic words, but what I described above, should be straightforward. (I think they may ask about risky or prohibited contents. You can read this English page for more detail.... http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/index_en.html)

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
@TAG Manager is pretty much spot on with the instructions since I had to go through thr same process. A co-worker showed a shop nearby to buy the right envelope and had google-translate fill in the translation gap.

good luck!

Depending on where you are shipping it and how fast you need it, Kuroneko will pick up and they have an English website.

Reactions: RickyJ
Depending on where you are shipping it and how fast you need it, Kuroneko will pick up and they have an English website.
Do you have a link for them?

Thanks for all info.