Shoplifters

Lars Lust

TAG Member
Reaction score
Everybody I know overseas has seen it! Anybody knows where I can I find it with English subtitles (yes, it's embarrassing, I know) here in Japan? I have checked Netflix, Hulu, iTunes without luck.

I saw it on the flight back to Europe, really solid movie. You can watch it in cinemas in Sweden if you can't find it ;)

Reactions: Lars Lust
I saw it on the flight back to Europe, really solid movie. You can watch it in cinemas in Sweden if you can't find it ;)

I tried my normal torrent sites with "Shoplifters" as a search word and all I could find was starring Riley Reid. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

Couldn't find it on torrent sites either. Most of the decent ones including private trackers have recently been blocked by my ISP. Anyway, it's a movie worth watching on the big screen.

It's interesting that the only family member making an honest living is the girl working in fuzoku.
And funny how some plot synopsis describe her as working in a "hostess club", when clearly it's not.

Reactions: Lars Lust
Meh...it was solid, not spectacular (certainly would never rewatch it)...I don't agree it needs a theatre viewing...I think it is def something you can wait for on the torrent sites.

I Watched it in a new cinema in Kichijoji, with English subtitles. The cinema is inside PARCO dept store. Don’t know if it is still scheduled though. Definitely not the best movie of Kore-Eda kantoku. Average movie From my point of view. I don’t get why they gave him the “Palme d’or” of Cannes festival for this one.

I watched this film in the the states last month. The plot didn't explicitly explain all the complicated story behind, but that's probably Koreeda's aesthetic. A friend whom I watched the film with (whose knowledge of anything Japanese is close to zero) just loved it.