Guest viewing is limited

Sinapse Unmasked - Nampa / Pickup in Japan finally revealed on camera

This thread is the perfect example of what's both good and bad about TAG. Some amazingly helpful content. And some amazingly unhelpful distractions.

Thanks, I think. :)
The point of TAG is to let people express their viewpoint, no matter how crazy it may be. Everyone has their different views on various topics. Useless comments, can be useless. but at the very least, you see that there is a rainbow of personalities out there.

@Sinapse - I was really on the fence about him and some of the other core PUA folks... they just have bad reputations based on the hyped examples you see from some of the really bad PUA guys who treat women like absolute dog meat. After seeing his video, and if that's truly is normal approach, that is not nearly as bad as what other garbage I've come across either in person or through TAG.

Carry on. ;)

they just have bad reputations based on the hyped examples you see from some of the really bad PUA guys who treat women like absolute dog meat. After seeing his video, and if that's truly is normal approach, that is not nearly as bad as what other garbage I've come across either in person or through TAG.

Carry on. ;)
I am not very familiar with the pua scene in Japan... just out of curiosity, would it be alright if you shared your experience on what has come accross as garbage or bad rep pua?

@Sinapse - interesting channel. I look forward to hearing more of your input on rsd in Tokyo. I find your capability in keeping a conversation smoothly moving with a complete stranger rather impressive.
Your opinion video on fantasy vs reality about Japanese women and your observations (albeit a bit generalised) was also quite insightful.
I must agree with others here that by the looks of your videos, speaking relatively fluent Japanese is somewhat a prerequisite as it seems that your conversations with the cases you've presented move much smoother and have less tense of an atmosphere.

Reactions: Sinapse
I am not very familiar with the pua scene in Japan... just out of curiosity, would it be alright if you shared your experience on what has come accross as garbage or bad rep pua?

It's really simple actually, in the usual spots around Tokyo in particular, both Japanese guys and foreigners can be equally bad about how they speak to girls and how they react when they are brushed off. It's usually the same nonsense, constant, literal harassment... Nothing like what @Sinapse shows in his video. In his video example, the girl could have just turned another direction and walked away or simply replied with a strong 結構です (no thanks).

In my earlier years in Japan when I went out at night, my J-girlfriend would tell me what she was hearing from the Japanese guys. I could already hear the drunken mess coming from the other foreigners. If the girl rejects one of the creeps, they fling a slew of slang at her... bitch, whore, slut, etc. etc.

Of course you still see the hunters in places like Kabukichou, but girls in that area already no that game and they give up pretty fast. They are of course not picking up a girl for the same reason. They are usually more polite and don't chase them too far.

I'm sure I can think of better, detailed examples. But the bottom line... what I consider bad isn't anything like what I saw in @Sinapse's video.

Reactions: meiji
Many thanks for sharing. sounds pretty rough to be a chick in Tokyo lol.... I guess men who do have guts to try nanpa on the streets may also , in part, possess some ego ( or perhaps disappointment in rejection)
if you do have other examples you're willing to share is love to hear it

Reactions: TAG Manager
It's really simple actually, in the usual spots around Tokyo in particular, both Japanese guys and foreigners can be equally bad about how they speak to girls and how they react when they are brushed off. It's usually the same nonsense, constant, literal harassment... Nothing like what @Sinapse shows in his video. In his video example, the girl could have just turned another direction and walked away or simply replied with a strong 結構です (no thanks).

That's what most of the "crew" in Japan aims for (As in guys that Sinapse has taught). The girl always has an out.

In my earlier years in Japan when I went out at night, my J-girlfriend would tell me what she was hearing from the Japanese guys. I could already hear the drunken mess coming from the other foreigners. If the girl rejects one of the creeps, they fling a slew of slang at her... bitch, whore, slut, etc. etc..

These types of guys sadly exist, and we make sure to mock them, likely as much as you would. IMO, those types of guys are the reason guys like Sinapse exist; the counter balance to them.

@Sinapse - I was really on the fence about him and some of the other core PUA folks... they just have bad reputations based on the hyped examples you see from some of the really bad PUA guys who treat women like absolute dog meat. After seeing his video, and if that's truly is normal approach, that is not nearly as bad as what other garbage I've come across either in person or through TAG.

Yeah guys can get pretty butthurt.. I always try to tell guys to leave with a smile on your face, but egos can be a tough nut to crack. Often those most butthurt are the guys who aren't used to the drill and probably therefore aren't "PUA guys", just as I imagine in the p4p world the ones who are most likely to commit faux pas, break rules, and more often be unwelcome are those unfamiliar with how things operate.

Reactions: MikeH
I must agree with others here that by the looks of your videos, speaking relatively fluent Japanese is somewhat a prerequisite as it seems that your conversations with the cases you've presented move much smoother and have less tense of an atmosphere.

I use Japanese because I can mostly, but I recorded some in only English since it was requested. I'll post up some English only clips later. Language isn't generally a requirement as much as a way to make things a little easier. You can definitely still pick up in Japan in only English

Often those most butthurt are the guys who aren't used to the drill and probably therefore aren't "PUA guys"
Yeah, that was bad of me to say it that way... my bad.

I take off my hat off to @Sinapse, you've picked up everyone in this thread by showing your ugly face. Been following you for a while. Big heavy admirer.

Don't pay attention to the necklace hate, I wear one myself and I certainly get a few bimbos :wtf:

Is there an age (or weight!!) limit for your camps (asking for a friend....).

Reactions: TAG Manager
I take off my hat off to @Sinapse, you've picked up everyone in this thread by showing your ugly face. Been following you for a while. Big heavy admirer.

Don't pay attention to the necklace hate, I wear one myself and I certainly get a few bimbos :wtf:

Is there an age (or weight!!) limit for your camps (asking for a friend....).

Haha, thanks for the kind words.

No there's no age or weight limit, and I'm sure we've taught someone larger and/or older than your friend ;)

Haha, thanks for the kind words.

No there's no age or weight limit, and I'm sure we've taught someone larger and/or older than your friend ;)

Thanks for the personal reply, really appreciate it.

Do you have a ballpark figure for how popular 90's John Goodman is with the cute heart faced Japanese girls you mention? Is my necklace enough to do it?

Keep in mind that I was John Goodman's neck double (his neck was not nice enough) for a Rosanne episode, will my necklace be enough to highlight this?

It was a back of neck shot if this helps.

Of course I can't expect to look the same as I did then but I think I still look pretty good on a Good(man) day.

Do you have a ballpark figure for how popular 90's John Goodman is with the cute heart faced Japanese girls you mention? Is my necklace enough to do it?

Erm... this is something you're going to have to find out!

Reactions: meiji
Great, I'll look forward to subscribing and watching these. I always thought you'd be a really hench, whiter dude for some reason - meh!

Also I always thought it was pronounced SI-napse, as opposed to SIN-apse - but I like what you've done there with the whole "sin" thing!

Great, I'll look forward to subscribing and watching these. I always thought you'd be a really hench, whiter dude for some reason - meh!

Also I always thought it was pronounced SI-napse, as opposed to SIN-apse - but I like what you've done there with the whole "sin" thing!

Haha thanks. Lots of people seemed to imagine me as a jacked white dude.

Yeah, some people just think I don't know how to spell synapse... not likely for someone who studied neuroscience! Glad you're enjoying the videos (y)