Smokers ( iQOS or old fashion cigarettes?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
Wanted to start a new thread regarding iQos, but found this one...

On a whim, I bought one at the airport on the way home... part of it was curiosity, part of it was that it looked cool..

I have been smoking the Marlboro 'balanced regular' heat sticks. Does anyone have an idea on an equivalent US cigarette this may be? for reference I smoke Parliaments..I used to smoke reds back in the day, and would more like smoke Marlboro lights now... is there an equivalent heat stick?

Couple of notes from my side
* Since using my iqos more, I smoke less cigarettes, as I can smoke them inside my house, without suspicion from my wife. She knows I smoke and hates it, and gives me a hard time when I come back from outside and she can smell it.
* my interval between heat sticks is shorter, than cigarettes. Is this normal?
* does anyone think that iqos is more 'healthy' than cigarettes? My research is inconclusive..

thanks in advance.

Wanted to start a new thread regarding iQos, but found this one...

On a whim, I bought one at the airport on the way home... part of it was curiosity, part of it was that it looked cool..

I have been smoking the Marlboro 'balanced regular' heat sticks. Does anyone have an idea on an equivalent US cigarette this may be? for reference I smoke Parliaments..I used to smoke reds back in the day, and would more like smoke Marlboro lights now... is there an equivalent heat stick?

Couple of notes from my side
* Since using my iqos more, I smoke less cigarettes, as I can smoke them inside my house, without suspicion from my wife. She knows I smoke and hates it, and gives me a hard time when I come back from outside and she can smell it.
* my interval between heat sticks is shorter, than cigarettes. Is this normal?
* does anyone think that iqos is more 'healthy' than cigarettes? My research is inconclusive..

thanks in advance.

Have you tried the Marlboro gold? I haven't tried IQOS so I cant say if thats the same flavor wise but that's more or less "light" cigarette that still has a good punch and decent flavor. Not overpowering.

I have been vaping for years. With some lifestyle changes and the right gear, it's helped me quit regular cigs completely. I do notice that the intervals between vape sessions are sometimes much shorter than with regulars. I think it's normal. Might be the convenience factor of being able to vape indoors, in the car, etc. And for me it also depends on how stressed I am. I imagine the same kinds of things apply to the IQOS.

Reactions: ur19877
The jury is still out on vaping and whether it’s safer or not. The fact that there’s no smoke is something that I like about it. But I take a cigarillo any day over vaping.

The jury is still out on vaping and whether it’s safer or not. The fact that there’s no smoke is something that I like about it. But I take a cigarillo any day over vaping.
Sure, the health effects haven't been studied nearly enough. But I can tell that I'm better off for it in some ways at least. At one point smoking started causing me health problems. It took a long time to improve. I started smoking early and would chain smoke. I don't have the same problems vaping. Admittedly it's not as satisfying as a fine ciggy but it's a commitment.

Reactions: ur19877 and MikeH
Marlboro or another tobacco company had.a liquid insert that turned out to be the pod piper’s delight. This vaping seems to be better but the jury is still out about a few chemicals. Ive tried it, but I’m just too attached to the process of rolling a cig.

Reactions: Lukes
Have you tried the Marlboro gold?
From a friends feedback - Marlboro Gold outside of Japan is quite different. The Gold version in Japan is apparently quite good. He bought the Gold version from a duty free outside Japan and it was terrible compared to the Japan version.

As far as iQOS - as an outsider, I'm just not convinced that this is any safer when it comes to the chemical impact that probably hasn't been seen yet.

As far as iQOS - as an outsider, I'm just not convinced that this is any safer when it comes to the chemical impact that probably hasn't been seen yet.

As another outsider; it's better for me as my clothes don't reek of tobacco after a night out with smokers. And I let people kill themselves with any means they prefer; I will be bringing an envelope to their funeral and then go and bang some young spinner for their memory later. :p

From a friends feedback - Marlboro Gold outside of Japan is quite different. The Gold version in Japan is apparently quite good. He bought the Gold version from a duty free outside Japan and it was terrible compared to the Japan version.

Read an article that iterated that there are chemicals to be concerned about when vaping. Now from the perspective of breathing, vaping seems to be better for those with lung problems. My neighbor improved quite a bit after switching over from cigarettes.

Reactions: ur19877 and Lukes
As another outsider; it's better for me as my clothes don't reek of tobacco after a night out with smokers. And I let people kill themselves with any means they prefer; I will be bringing an envelope to their funeral and then go and bang some young spinner for their memory later. :p
And yet you're living in Japan, the country of smokers. ;)

Every person I know who quit cigarettes through vaping has ended up with an e-cig permanently attached to their mouth. They literally suck on that thing non stop - even inside the office.

Reactions: Nosophobia2017
And yet you're living in Japan, the country of smokers. ;)

That's part of the reason why I get to go to so many funerals. :(

As long as I avoid going to Pronto I am generally good though. I don't really even notice the smoke when drinking but the next day I always need to hang my suit outside for a day.

Though it seems at least to me that the younger generations are not smoking that much anymore. Another reason to spend your nights with young spinners. :sneaky:

Every person I know who quit cigarettes through vaping has ended up with an e-cig permanently attached to their mouth. They literally suck on that thing non stop - even inside the office.
Yup, I was going to mention this... we don't allow it in our main office, but I see people sucking on these things all the time. Like a permanent accessory, lol.

Reactions: MikeH
If only you could get a titty to dispense nicotine.

That would probably get even me hooked on nicotine. Why haven't the manufacturers thought about this before?

Well you know a person like me would invest in titty bar that specialized in liquid nicotine laced nipples for you suckers. Lol but damn it if I’d get sued for breast cancer and heart failure.

Am i the only one who is not bothered by the smell of regular cigarettes but who thinks electric cigarettes really stink.
They look kind of cool to me but i dont like the smell and the weird bitter taste in one's mouth when kissing after they smoked one.

Vape can actually taste good if its flavored.