So who gave me this shit...

Your dry cough could be from allergies, it could be asthmatic or it could even be from severe esophageal reflux or COPD, which can develop from years of having esophageal reflux and not treating it with medicine.

I have the same dry cough and it probably started around the same time your dry cough started.

I most likely don't have pertussis as I have been vaccinated for that not long ago.

Last edited:
I most likely don't have pertussis as I have been vaccinated for that not long ago.

Vaccination for pertussis doesn't convey lifelong protection. Effectiveness is down to 40% within 4 years (or 70% after 5 years for children who got the whole 5 dose sequence).

I had an adult case despite the full childhood series.

Last edited:
Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Vaccination for pertussis doesn't convey lifelong protection. Effectiveness is down to 40% within 4 years (or 70% after 5 years for children who got the whole 5 dose sequence).

I had an adult case despite the full childhood series.

I thought it was 10 years, but if it is down to about 4 years, then it is likely my vaccination is no longer protecting me.

I had the DTAP (dat ass...I will show myself out too.) about 6 years before a trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

My doctor said you need to revaccinate every 10 years even though the effectiveness wears off after 8

I most likely just have a cold because after slamming 1,000mg of vitamin C last night and this morning I am feeling much better. I'm still coughing but much less often and no more coughing attacks.

My doctor said you need to revaccinate every 10 years even though the effectiveness wears off after 8

So what do you think of Hisssssss! opinion?

That's the second oyaji gag in the same thread. I will show myself out.

I'm just going through the same thing at the moment. It's been almost 2 weeks, and actually became sick for a day or 2 in the middle of it which I'm positive I caught from a family member, but otherwise perfectly fine. It's really frustrating.

Also good to be back lurking again! It's been too long.