Guest viewing is limited

Soapland King's Club In Yoshiwara - Soapy session #4: Momiji

By the way, does anyone know the Japanese for "gaijin tax" ?

I remember using 外国人料金 or 追加料金. Not sure if there is a widely used standard expression for that.

I assume the girl doesn't see any of the money (especially if its something that they can wave or discount i suppose its all for the shop)

The extra fee is usually split 50/50 between shop and princess. The regular fee 1/3 (shop) and 2/3 (girl). Sometimes it may be possible to negotiate on the fee if you choose a longer course. Once I had the princess herself make my reservation and still had to pay the extra fee. You can of course go to a place that doesn't charge a foreigner fee, but I usually pick my soaplands in advance, do some research on the girls, read their mobile phone diaries, scan the japanese blogosphere for reports, send a polite email in advance if foreigners are accepted etc. so if the shop charges an extra fee haggling or leaving is not really an option. They have me "by my balls".

Maybe they didn't allow foreigners at first and when a shop accepted one they were scared it would damage their reputation (filthy gaijin!) and scare Japanese customers away so they charged extra to make up for it. That would make some sense.

Imho this is still an aftereffect of the AIDS-panic in the late 80s. Ogoto in Shiga prefecture banned foreigners completely in 1988 and it is still not easy to enter most of the teahouses. Almost all of the upperclass shops there have foreigners listed as no-go, among Yakuza, drunkards and minors.

I remember using 外国人料金 or 追加料金. Not sure if there is a widely used standard expression for that.

The extra fee is usually split 50/50 between shop and princess. The regular fee 1/3 (shop) and 2/3 (girl). Sometimes it may be possible to negotiate on the fee if you choose a longer course. Once I had the princess herself make my reservation and still had to pay the extra fee. You can of course go to a place that doesn't charge a foreigner fee, but I usually pick my soaplands in advance, do some research on the girls, read their mobile phone diaries, scan the japanese blogosphere for reports, send a polite email in advance if foreigners are accepted etc. so if the shop charges an extra fee haggling or leaving is not really an option. They have me "by my balls".

Imho this is still an aftereffect of the AIDS-panic in the late 80s. Ogoto in Shiga prefecture banned foreigners completely in 1988 and it is still not easy to enter most of the teahouses. Almost all of the upperclass shops there have foreigners listed as no-go, among Yakuza, drunkards and minors.
Hmm that all makes sense, thank you!!

Reactions: Goshogawara
this is still an aftereffect of the AIDS-panic in the late 80s.

This is what was rumoured to be the cause of foreigner bans in fuzoku services when I arrived here (when AIDS was still a major bogey everywhere). Apparently in the 60s and 70s most shops were quite accepting of foreign clientele, according to the old boys at my local pub back then, who were lamenting the loss of their favourite fleshpots.

True, so the gaijin tax probably doesn't go to the girl is a fair assumpion.

In some shops it's split between the girl and the house, in some it goes entirely to the girl, but it's always at the very least a split.