Some Question

Fatties

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My first trip to Japan and I was trying to get some service from wechat. Was quoted 20k yen for service and told to buy bitcash as payment due to cash for sex is not allowed. I purchased and when he/she asked me to post the picture, I hesitated and did not do so. I know if given, it is as good as gone.

I know i am a bit dumb for doing this. Anyway, I have 20k bitcash and do not know what to do with it. Anyone have any idea if I can recover it back to cash? I am willing to sell at some lost if anyone want this. I am in Tokyo btw.

Please help if possible. Thanks.

What is "bitcash"? Where did you buy it? You might have gotten scammed, because those taking payment for sex are usually wanting cash, legal or not.

Thanks for reply. Bitcash seems to be an internet money used in Japan. Can be bought from family store and 7-11. Used to purchase internet stuff.

Anyway, I did not provide them the security code so the money is still intact. Basically I have 2 piece of paper worth 20k yen which I don't know how to use. Having problem to register myself as user as I don't know any Japanese.

Let me guess. You used the look-around feature to find this person. I was approached by one too. I told them to FO. In fact they told me the same excuse of not taking cash. I completely wasted their time with relentless questions and alternatives in which they came back with stupid excuses. These Chinese scam artists say anything. I tell them to resend a new picture of the girl doing the peace sign to prove it is them. I've yet to get a custom photo with the girl showing a peace sign. One thing to be careful about Chinese is promises mean nothing and you will be upsold after you've paid for the agreed terms that you then realize won't be delivered (however there are many decent Chinese agents online I'm sure. just be careful with wechat and I'd download Image Search 2.4 before talking with them)

Yeah. You are right. I guess I was too careless and did not think properly. So anyone know if I could convert those 2 papers back to cash (bitcash office) or anything I can do?

I guess this will be a lesson learned. Thanks all.

Maybe advertise on Craiglist for discount (~60% of face). It's possible that many different convenient stores may take it for purchasing products. Not sure, but I use my Passmo subway card for this. Maybe you could also go to Yamada Denki, Labi, or Bic Camera to see if they accept it for anything (sometimes you can find English speakers at the major stations)

Maybe if you find a Japanese visitor's center in Shinjukyu they may be able to help.

Go to the discount ticket shops
See if they will buy it.

Go to the diicket shops
See if they will buy it.
Any discount shop around shinjuku?

On the other hand, trying to salvage my trip and got rejected from Oedo Kabukicho and Fantasy Ikebukuro. Argh... heading to Jan Jan now. Might be back later for pretty getter. Thanks.

The ever reliable JanJan.

As reliable and trust-worthy as your own hand, but usually more enjoyable and stimulating.

Yea...Just posted a review as you say...but to be exact, is better than my hand. Lol

Hey just wanted to post here to describe what I just been through. it has already been 2 years and those scammers are STILL OUT THERE! I was same as you was looking for some service using WeChat in Osaka and found few girls, after asking for prices one of them offered 10k yen for 2 hours where others offered 20k yen for 3 hours service. So I asked few questions and she said to me to go to convenient store and buy bitcash as she is a student and dont take cash. So i went to lawson and bought 10k yen and told her its bought and she asked me to send the picture to her and i snap a back photo of the receipt to her and she again, asked for the front photo and i refused. After few argument with her I told her that I no longer wanted her service and she passed me her boss WeChat and ask me to inform him about this that I will not send over the receipt. So I added him and the "boss" started calling me and said its okay, but needed 50k yen as deposit before the service, and will returned to me after its done.

So that moment I can almost certainly confirmed that it is a scam. I told him that its okay, thanks for the call. Then he started to scare me by saying he already got my address and will send people down to my hotel to cut down my arms and legs. I put down his phone and the girl contacted me and ask for the receipt. I got a little scared to be honest as they know where I am staying, so I snap the photo of the bitcash to her and deleted her account. Went back to the hotel, registered myself as bitcash member and tried to reload the amount to my account but it is already unavailable (perhaps they already reloaded it).

Now I am in my hotel laying on my bed rethinking back the whole incident that happened in less than 1 hour. Anyway, 10k yen it is still bearable as long I got myself safe. It was a lesson to me not to use this kind of service from social anymore and also here to advice everyone please be extra careful dealing with those service in Japan.