Guest viewing is limited

someone know some mixed onsen?

smallville

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know that most onsen have separate from male and female, I look for a mixed onsen, where both male and female is nude in the same bath.

Nyuto onsen in Akita is great but personally I think it isn't such a good idea to visit just to perv over naked women... too much staring might get you in trouble(especially if you are a single male).

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Nyuto onsen in Akita is great but personally I think it isn't such a good idea to visit just to perv over naked women... too much staring might get you in trouble(especially if you are a single male).
Maybe smallville just wanted to see naked women perv over him ? :D

As with any "easy" place to see naked women, if you are looking for young women with killer bodies it's very likely that you'll be disappointed. But you never know.

I normally visit sento in Tokyo 1-2 times a week. Let's just say I am grateful they don't have mixed bathing and leave it at that :p.

Reactions: meiji
Yeah, mixed onsens are a big no thanks in 99.9% of the cases. :sick:

Reactions: MikeH
It reminds me of the topless beaches in certain parts of Europe where some of the ladies should probably keep their tops on....

You should try Takaragawa Onsen in Gunma. I usually go in winter on the way back from the ski station. You'll have to drive there.

Don't expect any action though. You are expected to cover yourself with the small towel and women wrap a big towel around their body.

I agree with Ddddd that Takaragawa Onsen should be on your list. If nothing else, you can't go wrong for the spacious rotenburo alongside the river. The staff is friendly and the food is pretty good for ryokan fare.

Since you haven't clarified your motives, the perverts here at TAG, myself included, naturally assumed the obvious. It's possible, hey, anything's possible, just consider the situation o'er the eastern seas, that the OP just wants to take his GF.

In any case, there's lots of places, both open all genders, and private onsens. I don't have loads of time right now, however, if you do a few Google searches for mixed onsens, I guarantee you'll find plenty.

By the way, I've only been going to onsens for fifteen years now, from Aomori down to Yakushima Island, and I've never,ever, seen any real nudity at mixed onsens. Believe me, I've been there, and I've looked.

Now, one morning, I saw the amorous left-overs from the previous evening along the open entry room to one of the rotenburo at Takaragawa Onsen.

tokyo odaiba oedo onsen

First of all edson11:

Welcome to the forum and great that you have four posts in as many days!

I checked out the impressive website for Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari. It is described as:

"a natural onsen (hot spring) theme park in the Odaiba area near Tokyo Bay. Visitors can experience 13 varieties of baths including indoor baths using water from natural hot springs that gush up from the source 1,400 meters under ground. In addition, everyone from children to adults can spend the day strolling about in casual yukata robes through the Hirokoji and Happakuyacho shopping arcades that recreate the vibrant bustle of the Shitamachi (downtown) section of old Edo."

http://daiba.ooedoonsen.jp/en/#onsen

There's also a video, below, that gives a pretty good idea of the common areas.

It appears that the only mixed bathing is the "foot baths." Now, if you're into little fish nibbling on your toes(see the 3:35 minute video)-this is the place for you!

As for me, I go to onsen to enjoy a therapeutic, relaxing soak, ideally immersed in the beauty of natural surroundings.

First of all edson11:

I checked out the impressive website for Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari. It is described as:

"a natural onsen (hot spring) theme park in the Odaiba area near Tokyo Bay. Visitors can experience 13 varieties of baths including indoor baths using water from natural hot springs that gush up from the source 1,400 meters under ground. In addition, everyone from children to adults can spend the day strolling about in casual yukata robes through the Hirokoji and Happakuyacho shopping arcades that recreate the vibrant bustle of the Shitamachi (downtown) section of old Edo."

It appears that the only mixed bathing is the "foot baths." Now, if you're into little fish nibbling on your toes(see the 3:35 minute video)-this is the place for you!

As for me, I go to onsen to enjoy a therapeutic, relaxing soak, ideally immersed in the beauty of natural surroundings.

It's good for first-time tourists but now I avoid it. Too crowded on weekends, and the water quality has declined over the years (i suspect they mix it with normal one or add stuff in it... it was much darker and seemed more genuine when they started)

Reactions: roots reggae
If the goal is NOT to watch nude women, Niwa no Yu near Toshimaen has an extensive mixed baths area (swimsuits required), also Mangekyo in Urayasu (same company as Oedo Onsen but much better imo)

First of all edson11:

if you wanna nature onsen,aomori is a good place,there is north Japan。beautiful view

It's good for first-time tourists but now I avoid it. Too crowded on weekends, and the water quality has declined over the years (i suspect they mix it with normal one or add stuff in it... it was much darker and seemed more genuine when they started)
i been to ooedo twice times ,it's true ,too many people

If the goal is NOT to watch nude women, Niwa no Yu near Toshimaen has an extensive mixed baths area (swimsuits required), also Mangekyo in Urayasu (same company as Oedo Onsen but much better imo)
Agree you,but I never try to go there

While perusing the Net for more mixed onsen, Konyoku Onsen, in Japan, I found a super interesting article describing the history of mixed bathing in Japan. Here's an excerpt:

When Japan began to ease restrictions on foreign visitors during the mid-19th century, after more than 200 years of enforced isolation, some of the early arrivals were aghast at what they saw. George Smith, the bishop of Hong Kong, offered a typical account in his 1861 book, “Ten Weeks in Japan.”

“Towards the latter part of the afternoon or at an early hour of the evening, all ages and both sexes are intermingled in one shameless throng of bathers without signs of modesty or of any apparent sense of moral indecorum,” he wrote.

“Some persons palliate this custom of promiscuous bathing in public by assuming the innocent simplicity of their primitive habits, and dwelling on the wide difference of every country in the conventionalities of moral right and wrong,” he continued. “The obvious reply to this charitable theory is that the Japanese are one of the most licentious races in the world.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2...ed-bathing-may-verge-extinction/#.WlVbuKiWZJ8

Worth reading!!!

That article led me to another site
While there are multiple books on the subject, the most comprehensive online guide to konyoku onsen was compiled by a former flight attendant who uses the moniker “Mixed Bath Journalist Mina.” Succhi no Konyoku Rotenburo Taikenki (Stewardess’s Outdoor Mixed Bath Diaries; www.food-travel.jp) has exhaustive photo reports on nearly 500 onsen, each of them rated for overall satisfaction and how potentially embarrassing they are for female bathers.

logo4.jpg

Edit: Just saw that Goshogawara posted the same link earlier about the extinction of mixed onsen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabanico
Iirc Japanese women used to work in the fields ‘topless’ (I think it was a sort of wrap to prorect their backs from the sun but the front was open) but Occupation forces would drive and ogle so they started covering up.

Years ago I went to a big rotenburu somewhere near Hakone. It was the middle of the day on a Saturday or Sunday. It was not mixed. All blokes. There were a bunch of big boulders around the edge and in the middle too. All of these mostly old hairy, flabby out of shape men sitting in the water and up on the rocks out in the glaring afternoon sun. It really grossed me out. Like a fucking Planet of the Apes movie or something. It was awful. I have avoided the big rotenburos in the middle of the day since. I like to go to the small ones well after dark only. As for glimpsing hot nubiles through the steam, never happened to the Buta. Never won the lottery either.

Reactions: roots reggae