Songs showing up all out of order on my Walkman?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I often use various youtube mp3 converters online to put music on my Walkman. I always make sure to rename each song with the name of the artist followed by a dash and the name of the song for example: Pink Floyd - Hey You.

The annoying thing is when I check on my Walkman the song shows up under H for Hey You...wtf?

When I plug my Walkman into my PC, it shows up as Pink Floyd - Hey You?

I have made sure the file is indeed an mp3 and not some other file type and that I did in fact type everything in correctly...so can someone explain wtf is going on?

Is my Walkman just faulty? Does this shit happen to anyone else?

Reactions: PattiePew
Check the ID3 tags on the file, most players read those and not the filename.

Check the ID3 tags on the file, most players read those and not the filename.

Well sheeeeiiiiit! lol

So is there any possible way to organize my music by artist name regardless?

Maybe there is some way to organize the ID3 tags?

There's no "Artist" view in your Walkman?

Well there is but I wanted to try to organize all the bands in one big list rather than need to go in and out of each separate band folder. I guess this is not possible. I will just use Artist view lol.

Well there is but I wanted to try to organize all the bands in one big list rather than need to go in and out of each separate band folder. I guess this is not possible. I will just use Artist view lol.
Then "hack" the title tag to include the artist. You need a software to edit existing files and find if such option exists in the online converters.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
So I often use various youtube mp3 converters online to put music on my Walkman. I always make sure to rename each song with the name of the artist followed by a dash and the name of the song for example: Pink Floyd - Hey You.

The annoying thing is when I check on my Walkman the song shows up under H for Hey You...wtf?

When I plug my Walkman into my PC, it shows up as Pink Floyd - Hey You?

I have made sure the file is indeed an mp3 and not some other file type and that I did in fact type everything in correctly...so can someone explain wtf is going on?

Is my Walkman just faulty? Does this shit happen to anyone else?
it'll be great if you can connect your device to a windows pc and see what names you're getting there. there may be an alphabetical or some other pattern that your player is arranging them by (recent date for instance.)