Fall 2016

Contact Method:
Street

Appointment Length & Costs:
10,000 yen for one round

Type/Location:
Shop

Language Notes:
Basic Japanese (Ai speaks much more Japanese than I do)

Details of the Encounter:
On my first night in Beppu, I was tired. To make matters worse, I didn’t know my way around yet. At that point, I hadn’t figured out exactly where the soaplands were. So, I just settled for a simple MP.

There’s a handful (pun intended) of MPs in the vicinity of Yasaka Street. You can see a few Chinese gals on the streets looking for customers. The place that I went to was apparently called Star Relaxation.

Ai said that they didn’t have cards. Also, I couldn't find a website when I attempted a search after the encounter.

The sign had the Chinese character for “star” in the name, but I’m not sure which Japanese reading of the kanji would be used in that context. Perhaps “hoshi” would be the correct pronunciation?

Anyway, the shop, which is located on the second floor of a small building, isn’t much of a star when it comes to MPs, but it obviously fills a need. What I got was a basic massage followed by some first level happiness. Nothing beyond that was available from my SP.

Ai claims to be from Taiwan rather than Mainland China. She was pleasant enough, possibly still in her 20s, and with nice looks.

However, I probably should have negotiated a bit better. Ten grand seems like a bit too much for such a spartan joint in the countryside. But, then again, tourists are less likely to be repeat customers.

BTW, her Japanese was rapid-fire at first. I wonder if Ai was trying to test me in some way during our brief negotiation.

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, Will not Repeat.

Closing Comments:
Some of the town’s FHs would probably be cheaper, but I’m not sure if any of them take obvious Westerners. I was firmly yet politely refused at one such place in Beppu. Alternatively, if a punter were willing to spend a bit more, then there are local soaplands that will accept a gaijin especially if he can speak at least a little Japanese.

Last edited: