Streaming In 2020 (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Amazon, Etc.)

Just been watching the Innocence Project on Netflix. Holy shit man, it has completely destroyed me. Watch it if you want to sit and sob for 8 hours.

Wait... that wasn't a comedy?

Dammit.

I watched the first season of The End of The F***ing World from US Netflix.

It was... weird.

Would you recommend it though? It's on my watchlist but dunno whether to bother.

Wait... that wasn't a comedy?

Dammit.

Like, the world's worst tragedy. And yet also amazingly uplifting. Hence the tears. I mean, maybe I could deal with one or the other, but both insanely tragic and crazily uplifting, at once, during lockdown, after copious amounts of booze... [starts sobbing again]

ahem. you know how it is rockin', rollin', etc.

(This is a quote from Grease for those members too young to appreciate the world's best musical...)

Also thinking of adding CBS for my Star Trek fix after watching the premiere of Picard
I liked it. If you’re a TNG fan, you’ll like it. Voyager fans may be a bit disturbed though.
On AppleTv+, the only thing that even looks remotely interesting to me is the comedy Mythic Quest, but other than that, their offerings are too sparse right now.
I liked this one too. If you like video games (especially WoW or other MMORPG types) and know even a little bit of gamer industry news/drama that goes on in the background, it’s a pretty fun series.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Would you recommend it though? It's on my watchlist but dunno whether to bother.

I haven't been able to make up my mind if it's bad weird or good weird. I started to watch the Season Two but definitely this isn't in anybody's "must see" list.

Reactions: Tabanico
I’ll be a subscriber to Disney Plus the Japanese version as soon as they release the first Marvel TV series for Disney+.
They also need to add the connector to more TV sets in Japan.

Anybody knows where to find Hell on Wheels? I watched seasons 1 & 2 several years ago (bought the dvd). The other day I wanted to watch the rest but can’t find it on any streaming service available in Japan.

Anybody knows where to find Hell on Wheels? I watched seasons 1 & 2 several years ago (bought the dvd). The other day I wanted to watch the rest but can’t find it on any streaming service available in Japan.

This one?

hellsonwheels.JPG

Yeah, if that's the one, I don't see it on any Japan service. This is a clip from Netflix U.S.
I also see it on Amazon Video for $16.99 a season

Started watching “Press” on Amazon. Not bad.
Also got a recommend on “succession” on AP which I’ll try next.

This one?

View attachment 14283

Yeah, if that's the one, I don't see it on any Japan service. This is a clip from Netflix U.S.
I also see it on Amazon Video for $16.99 a season
If you like these period pieces "Hostiles" on Netflix (I'm using a VPN for US site) is pretty good.

I see that the real Disney Plus will start in June locally. Disney Deluxe seems to have been a collaboration between Docomo & Disney.
Glad I waited.

I see that the real Disney Plus will start in June locally. Disney Deluxe seems to have been a collaboration between Docomo & Disney.
Glad I waited.

It just transitioned automatically. The only difference I can see is that Disney Plus includes some National Geographic stuff...

Seems Disney Plus is just a rebrand. I read online you still have to signup with Docomo to get the service.
I’ll wait until new Marvel shows come out.

Just watched Eurovision with Will Ferrell. Liked it more than I thought I would. Reminded me a bit those family evenings when I was a kid, watching this monument to « musical » kitsch and silliness, hoping France would win but getting hammered each time...

Looks like Eurovision is more successful than anticipated. Given the topic I was sure it would flop in the US, but read recently it is now #1 in Netflix movies.
I think Dan Stevens as Alexander Lemtov stole the show. How come Hollywood villains are often Brit actors even if in this case he’s supposed to be Russian?! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ken1988
I enjoyed Eurovision but I was a bit disappointed by it because for some reason I thought was going to be as good as blades of glory. But then I guess few films are as good as blades of glory...

Reactions: Frenchy
I enjoyed Eurovision but I was a bit disappointed by it because for some reason I thought was going to be as good as blades of glory. But then I guess few films are as good as blades of glory...
Ok will re-watch it . But for me Ferrell’s best was Anchorman, no doubt

Reactions: Tabanico
I just came across "Yellowstone" starring K Costner. 3 seasons so far. Anyone have any feed back on it? I don't want any spoilers but S1 Ep1 seemed pretty good imho

I just came across "Yellowstone" starring K Costner. 3 seasons so far. Anyone have any feed back on it? I don't want any spoilers but S1 Ep1 seemed pretty good imho

Knowing you, I think you'll enjoy Brickleberry more

Also three seasons, also takes place in a national park.

(And if you enjoy that, Paradise PD has the same production team)

Reactions: just4fun