Guest viewing is limited

Sunday Night

If I were much of a drinker it's something I would consider as sort of a pre-game meetup place, especially since they have their "Cafe time" events too at least at BlissOut where women not only get in free but entry comes with a meal, so you go in, get a free lunch, and then if the mood strikes have some fun or just leave with your friends to go someplace else.

Although I'm sure you don't need or want me to tell you how to behave, let me be clear that *I* was DEFINITELY NOT suggesting that "using" Bliss Out's system to get a free place to drink, hang out, socialize with friends etc (rather than accepting their "hospitality" for its clearly intended purpose) is a good idea. My opinion is just the opposite actually. I was only speculating that someone, especially an American, might do it. It strikes me as one of those rather common situations or ways of doing things in Japan that presume everyone will behave in a basically fair and honest way. And when foreigners take advantage of these "opportunities" in slightly exploitive or unscrupulous ways, it reflects badly (in Japanese eyes) on all gaijin. In extreme cases, it can end up getting gaijin banned or the system changed to a less trusting or generous one. I don't know what would happen in this case, but imo what you are describing doing is in that general neighborhood.

Anyway, if you do start showing up regularly at Bliss to partake of the free drinks, food etc but never or only very rarely participate in any of the on-premisis adult fun, I'd be interesting to hear what their reaction is once the staff notices.

I have in my mind such a bad image of Bliss but I haven't seen it yet so if it turns out to be like an okay looking place hell I might go there just to hang out and read.

In what way bad? Just curious as I thought most of what's been said about it on TAG has been at least moderately positive.

-Ww

I wonder if these places ever have very frequent customers (could be almost every night) who are women who drink heavily, perhaps have a drinking problem, but have trouble affording it...but don't play or even socialize with any of the other customers...could be quite elderly women too. And if so, what do they do about it, if anything. (This is the way an American thinks, always looking for a way to game the system.)

-Ww
Japanese alcoholics can literally get paid for their habit. Tons of kyabakura, girls bars and snack bars with only ladies to work at. And host club for the men.

I know there are women who go to deai cafe for the free wifi and to omiai bars for the free drinks and the staff doesn’t mind it, fills up the place and makes it seem that there is a good amound of women who come there. Since appearantly there is something called “sakura” which are women who sit in those places and get paid just to sit there and fake profiles of women on dating sites that send messages but never meet up with guys, i think those places are more than happy to have women who do that job for a few crappy drinks, happening bars included.

Also i have been to a sm happening bar once (forgot where it was) and a women came, went to nap there for a while wearing all her clothes and left. Staff seemed to know her and was 100% cool with it. These places are happy to have women in the room at all really.

Reactions: Wwanderer
These places are happy to have women in the room at all really.

Yeah, it might be that they wouldn't mind and feel like having additional women in the room is a draw regardless...which is part of why I was wondering what their reaction would be. Maybe there are already women doing this in HBs. I've sometimes seen women in HBs who appear to only be interested in talking to each other or playing darts or whatever, but I don't go often enough to know if they are regulars.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
In echoing other comments... It's not advisable to use a Happening Bar to hang out at. I think you should go on a provisional basis to see how it actually works.
You definitely will draw some negativity for just being their socially and taking advantage of the system they offer for women.

Japanese people, also men, seem to often use happening bars as regular nomihodai dart bars. I don’t think it’s frowned upon.
It is not seen in a positive light... but keep in mind the men are paying, the women are usually not. :)

Japanese people, also men, seem to often use happening bars as regular nomihodai dart bars. I don’t think it’s frowned upon.
Its probably some kind of happening too, for Japanese people... seriously, maybe we westerners are too quick in assuming that sex is kinda compulsory, its clearly not (from my own limited experience)

As I posted, it doesn't seem like very good behavior to me...sort of kills the sexy vibe imo and experience when there are too many people in the room who seem totally uninteresting in the "happening" part and also seems like taking advantage of the situation, but I really don't know if the bars/staff object and would be interested to know. Maybe someone should ask them!

-Ww

Maybe someone should ask them!
Their reply will be something along the lines of the fact that they want bodies in the bar to look busy....
Reputation could be darkened if nothing is really happening in their happening bar thus, making it just a bar. :dead:

but keep in mind the men are paying

Surely a key point from the bar's perspective. I wonder how many drinks a guy has to have at an HB before they are losing money on him (his drinks cost the bar more than his admission fee), keeping in mind that it is quite low quality booze to the extent I can judge.

-Ww

Their reply will be something along the lines of the fact that they want bodies in the bar to look busy....
Reputation could be darkened if nothing is really happening in their happening bar thus, making it just a bar. :dead:

That makes sense to me and jives with my experience as well.

When I meet a new SB, I nearly always ask if she is interested in checking out an HB if I continue to see her for more than a few dates. Some aren't, but most want to at least have a look to see what it is like. They nearly always want me to give them an idea of what to expect before we go...and I do my best to do so in an accurate way. But on the several occasions when we've only found Japanese people drinking or socializing with no interest or willingness to engage with us, they generally and understandably are completely unimpressed and soon want to leave. When my/our luck is better and there is action "happening", they are usually at least somewhat impressed, whether or not they want to play themselves or ever come back.

-Ww

Surely a key point from the bar's perspective. I wonder how many drinks a guy has to have at an HB before they are losing money on him (his drinks cost the bar more than his admission fee), keeping in mind that it is quite low quality booze to the extent I can judge.

-Ww
Probably... but by my count, each time I've been to a HB, there's always a good amount of men in the bar. And, I see people drinking but maybe only 1-4 drinks on average per person that I could observe. (And some don't drink :angelic:)

Bait for men = Women & Booze
Bat for Women = Booze and Men

While I don't think they are smashing profit barriers, certainly, on a weekly basis... they are doing well.

But on the several occasions when we've only found Japanese people drinking or socializing with no interest or willingness to engage with us, they generally and understandably are completely unimpressed and soon want to leave.
Yup. It's a risk to take.

I did take a younger Japanese woman to Olive21 awhile back and while she was eager to see such a club, she came out of that experience definitely not wanting to go back.
She rejected the idea of a HB 110% - so that was never attempted.

Too much attention is also turn-off sometimes. Being ignored leaves a bitter feeling, don't blame people for not staying.

Reactions: Sudsy and Wwanderer
Probably... but by my count, each time I've been to a HB, there's always a good amount of men in the bar. And, I see people drinking but may only 1-4 drinks on average per person that I could observe. (And some don't drink :angelic:)

Bait for men = Women & Booze
Bat for Women = Booze and Men

While I don't think they are smashing profit barriers, certainly, on a weekly basis... they are doing well.

I've never tried to count, but that was basically my point, I don't think many guys, especially Japanese guys, drink enough to make it a good deal from a nomihodai point of view, given the steep admission fees they must pay. Of course even if the guys don't play (whether or not they wish to play), they will usually at least see some scantily clad women walking around the lounge area and may get to watch some sex, so maybe that makes up for the effectively high priced and low quality drinks for some of them.

-Ww

There's a middle aged Japanese guy who speaks English quite well whom I've met at least 3 times at 9259 (we recognize each other) who always wants to talk about movies with me in a fairly serious way; we discovered that we are both major fans of Kubrick's work. He seemed to know a lot of people there and seems to be very social. He told me that he never has sex in an HB and "just likes the atmosphere". I think he even declined an invitation to go to the play room with my date on one of the occasions I saw him. So, it happens I guess, seems odd to me, but I've also seen a lot of stranger things of course.

-Ww

they will usually at least see some scantily clad women walking around the lounge area and may get to watch some sex, so maybe that makes up for the effectively high priced and low quality drinks for some of them.
True. Voyeur type stuff.

But honestly, the women sometimes can be a complete bore or even worse, annoying. Twice I went and both time the same woman (customer) was there and she was never was interested in anything more than just being a bar fly. Her obnoxious laughs could kill the mood all the way into the play rooms. (Which isn't far, but still....)

Meh....

Yep...definitely too dimly lit for comfortable reading.

-Ww
By bad image I basically mean that. Like it’s a windowless room with dim lights and uncomfortable sofa’s of questionable cleanslyness. Not someplace you want to hang out chatting or reading but someplace you slip into to get it on and then slink out of.

I know it’s not true but in my mind I imagine it like some kind of opium den.

By bad image I basically mean that. Like it’s a windowless room with dim lights and uncomfortable sofa’s of questionable cleanslyness. Not someplace you want to hang out chatting or reading but someplace you slip into to get it on and then slink out of.

Hmmmm there’s a bit of that, to be honest. Minus the opium. But its clean, dont worry too much.

Hmmmm there’s a bit of that, to be honest. Minus the opium. But its clean, dont worry too much.
I think we will probably get up there about once a month or so. We love having sex in public. Like meeting up with others to play too. We are still figuring what we like and don’t like. We have done full swap once. It was very hot. I think what (and who...lol) we do will depend on who we meet. Language barrier will influence things too but hey we really had fun just being part of four couples all having sex in the playroom with our own partners. Looking forward to ropes on the 15th. Not sure my wife will try but sounds like(and looks like in picture) DanniCake will be there. Should be another fun night of exploration.

Reactions: Frenchy

Your image of it is pretty accurate in terms of the physical facilities. I don't know about cleanliness...too dimly lit to really judge, but it being in Japan and Japanese run, I'd not expect that to be a big issue. But yeah, if you are seeking a place which looks like a typical coffee shop or a nice bar in an upscale hotel, you won't find it in any HB I've tried. Retreat's public area looks a bit like a hotel bar though, not too far off.

However, imo and experience, you are completely off in terms of social atmosphere. Sometimes it feels like a sizzling orgy with the air full of sexual tension plus wild action and sometimes it is like a neighborhood block party with people relaxed and chatting amicably with new acquaintances and sometimes it is like a slow night at a conventional bar with a handful of customers sipping drinks while sitting around listlessly looking bored, but I have never been to an HB which seemed to me to have an atmosphere of shameful or covert depravity...the way I picture an opium den.

-Ww