News TAG Holiday Schedule for 2019-2020 & Other News

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Things have been quiet here at TAG, at least publicly. Offline and in the TAG labs, things have been cooking non-stop with various happenings. I'm personally very sorry for the lack of news updates and the lack of Twitter interactions as well.

The official TAG holiday schedule will run from December 14, 2019 until January 13, 2020. During this time, there will be no business conducted in the form of advertisements or business meetings IRL (in real life). Moderators will still be doing their jobs but on a less frequent basis. The regular mods and I may post from time to time and take care of urgent business as needed, but please expect a slower response for normal business. Anything urgent such as content issues or site performance, we will remain vigilant through our monitoring tools. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we take a break from the online world to spend time in our respective home countries and take a break from Japan. :)

We will continue to accept and process reviews as we normally do. In preparation for the winter break, we will clear out the backlog of reviews and start our holiday break with zero (0) pending reviews to release. (Except those of course that need to be redone or those that need additional information) There will be a normal release as usual on Tuesday (12/3, 12/10) at 00:01 + 1 or 2 special releases to help empty out the queue.

But wait... there's more... :ROFLMAO:

Despite the fact that we will all be on holiday hiatus, we are aiming to come out of hibernation to migrate everything over to TAG v3.0 - which we have been talking about for ages, but it's finally time to put a date in stone and roll past the point of no return.

Soon, please check back for a separate maintenance post for a detailed schedule of what is happening and when. I'm in the final stages of a quality check before declaring the new TAG a gold release.

And finally.... :cool:

2019 has been an exhausting year, but don't worry, this was a good thing! I've met some truly great people this year and TAG has gained some valuable new members, adding to our existing arsenal of great folks. We're bracing for 2020 which is expected to be a strange year with several changes happening around Tokyo in advance of the Olympics. Predictions are all over the place - mainly in regard to what will happen once the Olympics will have come and gone. What will be the final impact? We just don't know.... it's all guesswork.

I personally hope everyone has a great holiday period in whichever way you celebrate it!

Happy Holidays!

Chris & the rest of TAG Management

Happy New Year!

We're back in full swing here at TAG and I'm busily going through emails and requests that have been pending since the holidays. All urgent requests have been handled and now I'm cleaning up the remaining bits since today is the first full business day. Our usual new year greeting will be released this week, please look forward to it.

If you have a pending request that is not answered by midnight tonight (JST), please re-submit it.

Thank you once again for your continued support in 2020 and beyond.