Guest viewing is limited

Closed Tag Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

User#16452

TAG Member
Reaction score
Is there a set list of rules on TAG about what is and isn't allowed to be posted? And what might cause a thread to closed vs being left open?

Not as far as I am aware, and I'd advise the mods not to create such a list. Such lists tend to cause everyone, or at least all the Americans, to go into amateur attorney mode and start arguing about the interpretation and enforcement of the rules in each specific case. Well, unless the mods like arguing with members, then it might be a good idea.

The "British model" of unwritten laws seems to work better in net communities in my experience.

-Ww

The main guideline document is here, but it's pretty basic and general:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/forum-notes-guidelines.360/

There's some hard and fast rules like no doxxing, no illegal activity, etc. Generally beyond that it's 'be nice to each other'. I (personally) interpret that to mean if all you are doing is saying nasty things about someone or repeatedly steering threads wildly off course for no reason other than drama, you aren't really contributing much.

And what might cause a thread to closed vs being left open?

Not really. If a thread is getting out of control and/or it's been going on for pages and pages to the point where nobody is really sure what they were originally talking about, it might get closed. It might not. To be completely blunt, we're all volunteers here, so I'm generally going to do what is the lightest footprint if possible, but also what takes me the least time. It's also highly possible that with the growth of the board the mods haven't gotten around to a thread yet, which is why the 'Report' functionality is so important.

The "British model" of unwritten laws seems to work better in net communities in my experience.

This is very true. If we add something to the rules saying 'don't call people names', and User A turns around and says '<User B> is acting like an asshole', and then claims that he wasn't calling him an asshole, merely that he's ACTING like an asshole. Rules lawyering. No fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.