1. Welcome to the Tokyo Adult Guide!

Please feel free to browse around to see what we have to offer. For some areas of TAG, you will need to be a member which is free and only requires a valid email address. Or, you may login through your Google or Twitter accounts.

To get started, click here: Join TAG Now!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Text colors and "night mode"

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions & Feedback' started by impish, Nov 26, 2017.

1. impish

impish TAG Member

I use "night mode". Anywhere a browser or application lets me change the background to black and the text to white I do it. Since I am in front of this damn machine at least 13-14hrs a day it really keeps my eyes from feeling the strain.

Generally speaking on regular posts I don't have a problem with the text colors, but when one of the indy women say like @Mischa Maxwell decide to get all fancy with the text coloring in their advert, it becomes near impossible for me to read the post without highlighting the whole post.

It might be nice if there was a means to do something with the color picker, so that if someone chooses a color that looks ok on the non "night mode" of TAG that an appropriate color is shown for "night mode" instead of the chosen one.

Just a thought.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jhingy567

jhingy567 TAG Member

I was just reading that Ad and had the same thought.
    Maybe all text colours should be reversed for night mode (and not just the default black i think it is now).

impish likes this.
  3. TAG Manager

TAG Management

I’ll take a look at the color mapping - see what I can do to fix the visibility issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AliceInWonderland and impish like this.
  4. Mischa Maxwell

Mischa MaxwellMischa Maxwell is a Verified Member Back in Tokyo from September 2018!

Yikes! Thanks for the advice, I’ll revert to plain black. :)

AliceInWonderland, MikeH and impish like this.
  5. TAG Manager

TAG Management

Just a quick update... I did start looking at this and I think I have a good idea about how to adjust the color patterns globally but it's gonna require a little more testing to make sure that there's no other conflict. I kept running into cases where it looks good on one screen but not another.

My schedule and personal life is jammed packed at the moment, but I'll try to get this resolved. I see where this is a real problem with some fonts.
    (I'm not a regular night mode user, so this probably why I didn't pick up on this earlier... sorry!)

Thanks and sorry to keep you waiting.

6. impish

impish TAG Member

No worries. Thanks for looking into it! I'm sure you'll figure it out!