Guest viewing is limited

Closed Text colors and "night mode"

impish

TAG Member
Reaction score
I use "night mode". Anywhere a browser or application lets me change the background to black and the text to white I do it. Since I am in front of this damn machine at least 13-14hrs a day it really keeps my eyes from feeling the strain.

Generally speaking on regular posts I don't have a problem with the text colors, but when one of the indy women say like @Mischa Maxwell decide to get all fancy with the text coloring in their advert, it becomes near impossible for me to read the post without highlighting the whole post.

It might be nice if there was a means to do something with the color picker, so that if someone chooses a color that looks ok on the non "night mode" of TAG that an appropriate color is shown for "night mode" instead of the chosen one.

Just a thought.

I was just reading that Ad and had the same thought.
Maybe all text colours should be reversed for night mode (and not just the default black i think it is now).

Reactions: impish
I use "night mode". Anywhere a browser or application lets me change the background to black and the text to white I do it. Since I am in front of this damn machine at least 13-14hrs a day it really keeps my eyes from feeling the strain.

Generally speaking on regular posts I don't have a problem with the text colors, but when one of the indy women say like @Mischa Maxwell decide to get all fancy with the text coloring in their advert, it becomes near impossible for me to read the post without highlighting the whole post.

It might be nice if there was a means to do something with the color picker, so that if someone chooses a color that looks ok on the non "night mode" of TAG that an appropriate color is shown for "night mode" instead of the chosen one.

Just a thought.
Yikes! Thanks for the advice, I’ll revert to plain black. :)

Just a quick update... I did start looking at this and I think I have a good idea about how to adjust the color patterns globally but it's gonna require a little more testing to make sure that there's no other conflict. I kept running into cases where it looks good on one screen but not another.

My schedule and personal life is jammed packed at the moment, but I'll try to get this resolved. I see where this is a real problem with some fonts.
(I'm not a regular night mode user, so this probably why I didn't pick up on this earlier... sorry!)

Thanks and sorry to keep you waiting.

I hate bumping an old thread, but whatever came of this? Juliet's ad suffers the same problem of not being able to read it because of the colors she has chosen. Will this be resolved in the "new TAG"?