Appointment Length & Costs:
130 min recommended course 14,000yen

Type/Location:
West Ikebukuro - in shop

Language Notes:
Japanese

Details of the Encounter:
tl dr; impersonal, uncaring and poor service

The building is typical of west Ikebukuro, old, poor condition and a weird shape. The shop is also old, but clean, comfortable and looked after, the shower was fine, the towels are old and frayed but freshly laundered and the room was comfortable.

The lady who greeted me was a typical Thai woman, petite, toned body, but detached and stood well away. I chose the 130 min recommended course, confirming it included oil massage. it was late and we were the only two in the shop. She told me to undress and have a shower then disappeared. I went back to the room afterwards, lay down and she came back. I don't remember if she said anything but there certainly wasn't any conversation.

The massage was rubbish, neither therapeutic nor was it sensuous. She's not trained and just made superficial, haphazard circular motions, often with one hand and with no consideration of muscles, joints, lymph system, and she didn't feel for tightness or knots. She often moved my arms and legs into positions and didn't put them back creating some ridiculous poses until took upon myself to straighten myself out again. She started a face massage which was fantastic for exactly 10 seconds. She didn't even touch my butt - that's a major muscle group.

After 120 or so minutes she said she was finished, told me to shower and disappeared again. After my shower she didn't even come back to the room, instead she waited for me at reception.
When I left I asked her why there was no happy ending and she said that was separate (別に) and said next time. I told her that was terrible and I wouldn't come back. She didn't care and locked the door behind me. It's probably just as well that there was no up-sell, I'm sure that would been as bad as the massage.

Final Thoughts:
Not Recommended.

Closing Comments:
When I got home and went to bed, my shoulder and neck were just as stiff as before.

It's a shame, I need a regular good massage and the local therapeutic Japanese shops really don't get in hard enough. In my opinion there's no better massage than a Thai woman but this lady was the opposite of everything I love about Thai women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report, much appreciated!

addendum:
The photos of the staff are totally fictitious and there are no names. It's possible that you get a decent therapist but it would be be just chance and seeing her again would be difficult.

Thanks for the warning and T1FTT
Reminds me of the famous Thai saying “
オーワッタ・グース・サイアム”

Reactions: bergmann