The Anything Goes Thread

People still think about Japan as if its the year 2000 or something, at least in the US. Everyone I talk to thinks its super futuristic and super expensive when I talk about it.

The videos that annoy me are the ones that are like "you will basically get deported if you walk and carry a drink at the same time" or any other of those types of rules that sometimes are good but sometimes really exaggerated.
I know right?!

I saw a video stating that you can be imprisoned for spitting on the street. Not saying there might not be some law about it but I have never seen anyone getting fined, let alone arrested for that.

While behaviour is poor there must be far worse tourists!

I dunno man, this looks pretty fucking bad to me. I mean, it is one thing doing it on a train in your own country where you know the customs, whether you are going to annoy the people around you or break any rules. It feels like a whole other thing to be doing it in another country. I think if I saw someone doing this I would probably lecture them. It reminds me a bit of the videos of one of the murderers of Nicola Furlong doing egregious shit on a train like thrusting his groin in the faces of old ladies and swinging off the bars etc.

Reactions: Sudsy
IMG_2733.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Majestyk and Alice
Back in the States after a much-too short trip. 8 days and 16 sessions later I am a drained husk of a man and I will not be repeating this busy of a schedule on my next trip.

8 reviews submitted, 1 more almost finished, and 1 being worked on (a 6-hour outside date with Club 39's Alice) I have zero idea how to write properly.

Back in the States after a much-too short trip. 8 days and 16 sessions later I am a drained husk of a man and I will not be repeating this busy of a schedule on my next trip.

8 reviews submitted, 1 more almost finished, and 1 being worked on (a 6-hour outside date with Club 39's Alice) I have zero idea how to write properly.
I take it you didn't visit the sights in Kyoto

Any good recommendations for Independents in Yonaguni? Should I open a separate topic for this question 🤔

I take it you didn't visit the sights in Kyoto
No, I contended myself with the sights in Ibaraki and Enoshima this time. Plenty to do within a couple hours on the train around Tokyo - and in Tokyo itself - for short trips like this one was. My main goals were see sakura, practice my Japanese conversation, eat good food and destress from my 3rd straight month of 250+ hours worked per month. All goals accomplished.