The Anything Goes Thread

I just read his review/tome about Alice. Great writer, but he does seem to get caught up in the fact that he is a great writer.

where did he go?
I believe his job required absolute discretion and even no internet access whenever he was actively working. He usually pops in when he's in a position that allows him to do so.
He's come and gone a few times since being a member here. I hope he'll make an appearance soon enough.

I believe his job required absolute discretion and even no internet access whenever he was actively working. He usually pops in when he's in a position that allows him to do so.
He's come and gone a few times since being a member here. I hope he'll make an appearance soon enough.
Yes, the International Man of Mystery :)

Reactions: TAG Manager
Reactions: TheScientist
Was he military? That would explain his extended absences.

Was he military? That would explain his extended absences.

You mean he would regularly get lost in the mountains?

The Japanese army, and no, it's not self defence force, it's an army, is the only one in the world who doesn't have good battle rations for field trainings.

Because regardless where ever they train everyone can just pop in to a convenience store to get some munchies when they have a break.

You mean he would regularly get lost in the mountains?

The Japanese army, and no, it's not self defence force, it's an army, is the only one in the world who doesn't have good battle rations for field trainings.

Because regardless where ever they train everyone can just pop in to a convenience store to get some munchies when they have a break.

i heard their tanks stop at red lights too, safety first

Yup.
2C4BBD84-3473-48FB-8CAC-42328594FBF7.jpeg

All joking aside, the JSDF turns out some extraordinary soldiers. When you weld together the mentality and skills of the samurai, the ninja and the kamikaze and overlay that with "western" military training you end up with a pretty formidable soldier. There were two Japanese soldiers involved in the Osama bin Laden raid in Abbottabad. They didn't make it out. Shot in the back, in the genkan while looking for a shoe horn.

Reactions: Frenchy
All jokes aside this is true. the stuff the JGDDF gets make MREs look like gourmet food in comparison.

Reactions: MikeH
All jokes aside this is true. the stuff the JGDDF gets make MREs look like gourmet food in comparison.
I had an interesting conversation with several Military guys at a snack I'd go to in west Tokyo when I lived out there. One Major wasn't happy with all the "F" bomb phrases I was using towards pows when/if that situation arose. Out of 30-35 guys he was the only one that gave me shit about it. I probably shouldn't have embarrassed as all the other guys wanted me to come to their Base and teach them. Oh well......be polite to those that want to take your life.

2019 in Japan has had the crappiest weather I can remember.

This icy cold rain is supposed to stop at lunchtime. Anyone visit the Spanish festival yesterday? ( Not canceled?)

Reactions: IchigoDave