The Anything Goes Thread

I have to ask, is that considered a premium wine?? I admittedly know next to nothing about French wines, because to be honest I've disliked just about every French red I ever tried (whites are a different story), but a friend of mine gifted me a bottle of La Bernardine 2016 just before the pandemic hit and it's been sitting on a wine rack ever since. I prefer California reds from certain regions (Lodi, Paso Robles) so I was planning to just let it age until I need the rack space.

I suppose if it's considered "good" then I'll perhaps take it to a nice dinner somewhere, whenever nice dinners are safe again. Or maybe just get lit on cheap beer and chug it from the bottle, sitting on the kitchen floor, like I did the last time someone made the mistake of giving me expensive French wine. A nightcap is a nightcap, is the rule around here.
Well you know we produce thousands of different wines, good and bad, cheap and worth more than your house, all colors even yellow. So the notion of “liking French wines” is a bit fuzzy. The Chateauneuf du Pape are powerful reds (mostly). Wines with balls. Like what you should drink in winter with calorific food. Not your nice cute little California rosé or whatever

Reactions: Keihan
I think the new Apple Developer rules will see Sugar dating apps removed from the App Store. That’s if there are any.

Well you know we produce thousands of different wines, good and bad, cheap and worth more than your house, all colors even yellow. So the notion of “liking French wines” is a bit fuzzy. The Chateauneuf du Pape are powerful reds (mostly). Wines with balls. Like what you should drink in winter with calorific food. Not your nice cute little California rosé or whatever

No kidding?? Well, I appreciate the insight. I actually assumed it was going to be a lighter red, like a Pinot Noir. Was planning to have it on my rooftop with some mild cigar. Guess that's not happening.

But don't you dare be dissing the California rosé! That's a premium $8 wine that I can mix with soda water and lots of ice cubes, drink through a straw and get royally fucked up on a sunny early afternoon and end up assed the fuck out in my office chair with my pants around my ankles and the other half very, very angry. That's what you drink before proper MAGA rally.

No kidding?? Well, I appreciate the insight. I actually assumed it was going to be a lighter red, like a Pinot Noir. Was planning to have it on my rooftop with some mild cigar. Guess that's not happening.

But don't you dare be dissing the California rosé! That's a premium $8 wine that I can mix with soda water and lots of ice cubes, drink through a straw and get royally fucked up on a sunny early afternoon and end up assed the fuck out in my office chair with my pants around my ankles and the other half very, very angry. That's what you drink before proper MAGA rally.

naaah MAGAboys hate anything Californian.
They would go for an horrible Texas plonk mixed with Coke and Bud

I have to ask, is that considered a premium wine?? I admittedly know next to nothing about French wines, because to be honest I've disliked just about every French red I ever tried (whites are a different story), but a friend of mine gifted me a bottle of La Bernardine 2016 just before the pandemic hit and it's been sitting on a wine rack ever since. I prefer California reds from certain regions (Lodi, Paso Robles) so I was planning to just let it age until I need the rack space.

I suppose if it's considered "good" then I'll perhaps take it to a nice dinner somewhere, whenever nice dinners are safe again. Or maybe just get lit on cheap beer and chug it from the bottle, sitting on the kitchen floor, like I did the last time someone made the mistake of giving me expensive French wine. A nightcap is a nightcap, is the rule around here.

The bottle you have is a solid Châteauneuf-du-Pape offering from Maison M. Chapoutier, one of my favourite winery/negociants from the Rhone. That wine has a price tag of more than US$300, I believe.

The first Paso Robles wine I tasted many years ago was a Bordeaux-style blend, called Isosceles, from Justin Winery. It was great.

Reactions: Keihan
The bottle you have is a solid Châteauneuf-du-Pape offering from Maison M. Chapoutier, one of my favourite winery/negociants from the Rhone. That wine has a price tag of more than US$300, I believe.

The first Paso Robles wine I tasted many years ago was a Bordeaux-style blend, called Isosceles, from Justin Winery. It was great.

Fucking hell, $300??? I figured it was maybe $80 tops. Now I feel bad about getting that friend a bottle of "just" Dom P to celebrate her engagement.

We probably have very similar wine tastes. I actually have a bottle of 2013 (I know, I probably waited too long) Justin cabernet on the kitchen rack right now, set to be the next bottle to open. Was planning to drink it last week but the menu changed. Hopefully it turns out ok, as I was thinking I might have it on the roof of my condo with a nice infused cigar while I spy on my neighbors.

Fucking hell, $300??? I figured it was maybe $80 tops. Now I feel bad about getting that friend a bottle of "just" Dom P to celebrate her engagement.

We probably have very similar wine tastes. I actually have a bottle of 2013 (I know, I probably waited too long) Justin cabernet on the kitchen rack right now, set to be the next bottle to open. Was planning to drink it last week but the menu changed. Hopefully it turns out ok, as I was thinking I might have it on the roof of my condo with a nice infused cigar while I spy on my neighbors.

My bad. I was mistaken. Just did a wine search after reading your post. Your bottle costs between US$51 and US$74, depending on the store.

Dom P. was an excellent engagement gift.

My opinion about wine is the same as warubuta’s opinion about p4p. Ive tried the expensive stuff, but the reality is if you are spending more than 2man you are kidding yourself.

Only for me, my wine price limit is about 2,000 yen. My pallette cant differentiate anything above that.

I feel like a big spender now as I am sometimes going all the way to the 3.000 yen bottles when I really want to impress my girl.

I feel like a big spender now as I am sometimes going all the way to the 3.000 yen bottles when I really want to impress my girl.
That’s different. As long as you arent kidding yourself that you are spending the extra for the taste

Reactions: MikeH
My bad. I was mistaken. Just did a wine search after reading your post. Your bottle costs between US$51 and US$74, depending on the store.

Dom P. was an excellent engagement gift.

Well, I feel much better. Actually, I fee like that bitch owes me a drink now.

Reactions: Majestyk
All this talk about wine reminds me of the first time I went to the store to buy a red wine. Now, just so you know, I don't drink any type of alcohol at all (beer, wine, vodka, etc.), yes I know - boring, but hey I can drink as much cola at the bar as people can drink beer (my personal best is 6 - 32 oz glasses in 4 hours). So I'm glancing around at the humongous selection of red wines available and don't know what to get. So I just grabbed a $40.00 bottle thinking the more expensive the better it must be for cooking. Near me a older couple is discussing their selection so they seemed to know more than I about wines. I asked them is this a good choice for cooking and they nearly dropped dead. They couldn't believe I would use a $40.00 bottle to cook, so they told me no, for cooking just use a $5.00-$8.00 bottle. Learned something new that day.

213D96AD-4D8A-4E4D-91CF-717906B2552A.jpeg

197864934_10157885019300064_2072740084694269402_n.jpg

Reactions: IchigoDave
Little does she know, her dog is not singing along with her. He just suffers gigantic pain as her singing is awful.

Reactions: Majestyk
Ah, random drop of the week here on TAG and while lurking I suddenly get an alert for my one year badge here. What a timing !
Anyway, hope all of you are doing ok.
In France we finally got out of (soft) lockdown and curfew now starts at 11pm.
I wish you all a nice day and a nice week-end !

To be fair, McDonald's really does use 100% beef in their burger patties. They just overcook and oversalt it, and basically destroy any goodness that was in it.

I assume other fast food chains are essentially the same. Perfectly fine ingredients, systematically ruined in a way that only industrial preparation can achieve.

Though that was a very old comment by @Sudsy its worth noting that only the McDonalds & Burger King use 100% beef here. Cant say about Wendys in Japan since they're operated by First Kitchen. All the domestic chains use a blend of beef & pork for the burgers.

I sometimes wonder what happened to the dude who got stuck at Soapland a few years back. Did he ever sign up with a new account? Or did they let him out on April 1st??

I sometimes wonder what happened to the dude who got stuck at Soapland a few years back. Did he ever sign up with a new account? Or did they let him out on April 1st??

Well, if he is still there at least he is really clean by now.