The female perspective and women's magazines

Jbagz

TAG Member
Reaction score
I mentioned Cosmo magazine in another thread recently. I used to read it and a few other magazines marketed toward women for insight into the female perspective, but I suspect that many times the articles were bullshit and sometimes they were outright nonsense.

Still, I think I did garner some nuggets of useful knowledge even though I had to sift through a lot of bullshit.

I'm curious about what the TAG ladies think of women's magazines. Do the articles often ring true to your views on love, sex and romance?

Do you even read magazines like Cosmo, Women's Health, or fashion magazines?

Also, do you ever read any books or magazines to help you understand how the male mind works?

I'm also interested in hearing from the men, especially some of our PUAs like @Sinapse, @static and others.

Do you ever read magazine articles marketed toward women for insight to the female psyche?

I'm more inclined to talk and listen to women these days for insight, but those articles can be useful in steering the conversation to topics that allow you to peek at the female mind.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
Can't answer for them but if I think about it in reverse, never thought that Men's Health or Playboy or GQ were very representative of male psyche in general , and mine in particular. I think "gender oriented" magazines tend to cultivate cliches and put their readership in a box. Just my opinion , which obviously is not the one you are looking for anyway :)

Reactions: Jbagz
Do you ever read magazine articles marketed toward women for insight to the female psyche?
Nope. I've found that a lot of the content is fluff... at least in my opinion. Other girls I know, some read it for fashion tips.

I'm curious though how the content differs between each region. Surely, the content is tailored for the local population... articles popular in the U.S. may not get traction in Japan, etc.

I'm more inclined to talk and listen to women these days for insight, but those articles can be useful in steering the conversation to topics that allow you to peek at the female mind.

I personally find Cosmo et al pretty obnoxious and, but that's probably because it's something I am already familiar with from home. Hand me a 小悪魔ageha or Vivi (barring presence of a Soul Sister or Egg), however, and I'll happily flip through it for a few minutes

I remember reading Cosmo in the past, but a lot of their articles and sex tips are plain ridiculous. There's even a subforum on Reddit called "ShitCosmoSays" with over 40,000 subscribers. Haha.

For Japanese magazines, I used to look at Koakuma Ageha religiously.. but again.. lost interest in it. Their makeup tips were very helpful though.

I own a couple of books on regular dating and relationships, but I just read them for fun. "Why Men Love Bitches" and "The Power of the Pussy"' were good reads.

I also have a book that gives sugar dating tips, and the success rate for SBs is very high since the author is a man himself. Very useful insight and helps you understand a man's perspective.. but it also teaches women how to be very manipulative and aggressive. I have mixed feelings about it.. but still found it interesting.

I absolutely LOVE cosmopolitan!
I mostly skip the fashion articles and read stuff like bloopers, real life dramatic stories and lifestyle advices.
It doesn't always reflect my personal opinion and it may be shallow entertainment but i dont think its nonsense. Some of their sex advice i can agree on, though i dont literally try out all their tips or something.

Too bad the English language cosmo is expensive in Japan, not even looking at my own country's cosmo.
If any potentional client wants to bring me a gift, this would definitely be a good one.

Hope this doesn't make me sound like and airhead. :(

I'm also not really sure if its exactly how the mind of women works, its simply something i enjoy to read.

For Japanese magazines, Egg used to have really funny sex articles, too bad they are discontinued. I dont know any other girly magazine that writes so openly about sex.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
I mentioned Cosmo magazine in another thread recently. I used to read it and a few other magazines marketed toward women for insight into the female perspective, but I suspect that many times the articles were bullshit and sometimes they were outright nonsense.

Still, I think I did garner some nuggets of useful knowledge even though I had to sift through a lot of bullshit.

I'm curious about what the TAG ladies think of women's magazines. Do the articles often ring true to your views on love, sex and romance?

Do you even read magazines like Cosmo, Women's Health, or fashion magazines?

Also, do you ever read any books or magazines to help you understand how the male mind works?

I'm also interested in hearing from the men, especially some of our PUAs like @Sinapse, @static and others.

Personally no, I don't read those magazines. As you said, I prefer to learn about women from women; specifically the kind of women I like. I really find those magazines not having anything to do with the kind of girls I like anyways, since most of the girls I like don't read those magazines. I might have gone through the pictures to find outfits for myself, or to show a girl the kind of fashion I like personally, but that's about it.

I've read a few books about sex, but I tend to go towards the books that read like textbooks rather than bullet points or cheesy romance novels.

Honestly, there were three things I really learned about getting women.
1) Approach
2) Improve myself
3) Relate to the girl

2 means I focus more on improving myself and what I want, and the girl typically comes along for the ride. I enjoy giving pleasure, so I focused on learning how to be a better lover from that point of view. But, I also never really had interested in certain subcultures to where I would go out and research it on my own time. I'd rather make it a point of conversation with the girl in the moment. In a sense, that came off as far more genuine to the girl (for me, anyways). And through various girls over the years, I gained enough of an understand to demonstrate basic competency.

Other thing is, I'm lazy :)