Guest viewing is limited

The Guy Of Strawberry Jam Tried To Cheat Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing new. Sometimes it's management; sometimes it's the staff; and sometimes it's both.

I think the local customer plays a bigger role in pressuring shops not to accept guyjean.
That's my impression from the local board.

Yes xenophobia, but it's the same everywhere. It's definitely better to be white in the states.

Like Hawaii, some spots are for "the locals boys only".
Good thing that I am such a shitty surfer. Even Kamakura is too good for me.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This is nothing new. Sometimes it's management; sometimes it's the staff; and sometimes it's both.

On a related topic, I remember surfing and posting on the major board for Singapore years ago. The Singaporeans used to post all manner of insults regarding customers who were Ang Mo (white boys). They also made an effort to exchange info about the best quality girls through back channels. Massage Parlors also didn't assign the better quality girls to foreigners.

It's like bad weather, you just have to deal with it.

Some shops in Singapore have two-tier pricing. The Ang Mo end up paying more, of course.

Some shops in Singapore have two-tier pricing. The Ang Mo end up paying more, of course.

I might have told this in here before too but once I was walking around and heard the doorman to offer a price for some Chinese guys walking in front of me. But when he approached me his offer was almost twice the price.

I lightheartedly shoot him "man, you are racist! Why my price is so much higher?". And he went in to full defence mode and started to explain "No, no, I am not racist. But Europeans, Americans, Koreans and Japanese need to pay more!".

As I was not interested to enter anyway I found this very funny; he didn't and didn't understand why I was laughing either.

Here's an interesting question. Ofcourse I'm sure that a majority of the shops you guys run into, the technos are male. However when you come across a shop with female technos, do you have an easier time? I noticed that pretty much all of the shops with female technos I can get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.