The Next French President is....

turboman

TAG Member
Reaction score
Le Pen or Macron?
To come to the point: I cannot understand why the French people can in the present situation vote for Le Pen who is a Vladimir buddy, and talking about getting out of Nato and the EU. (Not mentioning being a Trump buddy as well).

Sure, when life was still Ok and more stable, you always have politicians (e.g. Salvini in Italy) who do EU bashing and catching populist votes with that. Part of a populist or dictatorial strategy always is to bash 'outside' or 'foreign' perceived enemies in order to appeal to the ingrained tribe feeling. Worked in prehistoric times. Still works now.

It is easy to overlook what the EU has achieved. After World War II, European integration was seen as an antidote to the extreme nationalism which had devastated parts of the continent.

Now we have seen the election victory of Orban in Hungary. Did they not remember 1956?
But I would think or hope that the French people would still remember WWII. I am not sure anymore.

Reactions: e-smile
Le Pen or Macron?
To come to the point: I cannot understand why the French people can in the present situation vote for Le Pen who is a Vladimir buddy, and talking about getting out of Nato and the EU. (Not mentioning being a Trump buddy as well).

Sure, when life was still Ok and more stable, you always have politicians (e.g. Salvini in Italy) who do EU bashing and catching populist votes with that. Part of a populist or dictatorial strategy always is to bash 'outside' or 'foreign' perceived enemies in order to appeal to the ingrained tribe feeling. Worked in prehistoric times. Still works now.

It is easy to overlook what the EU has achieved. After World War II, European integration was seen as an antidote to the extreme nationalism which had devastated parts of the continent.

Now we have seen the election victory of Orban in Hungary. Did they not remember 1956?
But I would think or hope that the French people would still remember WWII. I am not sure anymore.

i’d love to see a French equivalent of Keihan here so that we could have spirited exchanges like the ones in “The Next US President” thread

but quite sure pretty much anyone here agree that Le Pen would be a terrible choice . And quite sure also that not many people care who is the next French president anyway. So this thread might be short, sadly. But thanks for starting it

Reactions: e-smile and Keihan
Reactions: just4fun
putin_and_marine_le_pen__marian_kamensky.jpg

Reactions: Frenchy
Ironic given that Pooty-poot is supposedly cleaning out Nazis from Ukraine....

well you gotta admit , if you bomb thousands of people indiscriminately there is a good chance that some of them had nazi tendencies….

Reactions: Sudsy
Of course I was shocked the singer Pomme was actually campaigning with Le Pen. I’m not sure everyone truly appreciates what that means..::eek:

true and frankly she should re-brand herself as Marine Le Stylo. Using an English word as her name for such a staunch nationalist is a shame

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Anyone here in Japan indeed. She only got 2.5% of the votes for the first round.

that’s actually a mystery for me. Not only in Japan but in all Asia , Zemmour (even more of a far-right nutjob imo) got more votes than her , but much less at home. No idea why.

Le Pen doesn’t plan to leave EU. She’s running for the 3rd time, and it was never part of her commitments. She maybe thought it was the right thing to do, but since it might gets her losing votes, she gave up on this idea quite a long time ago. Not sure about NATO, but I don’t think she plans to leave either.

As for the EU peace achievement, your comment is at best a sophism IMO. Throughout history, a treaty never proved to be the reason to avoid war. IMO, it has much more to do with the Bomb, the fact that EU is largely under the NATO (i.e. USA) umbrella, and the memories of these two atrocious wars in the 20th century. USSR and USA never went to war despite all the tensions and no serious treaty. A nuclear war would have been too costly. And not a single country sent troops in Ukraine to oppose Russia despite everyone agreeing that what is going on is terrible. If you are right, UK leaving EU should lead to war in western Europe at some point, and I’m pretty sure it won’t happen anytime soon. It’s also all assumptions here, because no one really knows why Western Europe is at peace for almost 80 years now.

Anyway I totally agree on the fact that it would be better to have Macron reelected, even if I have zero sympathy for the guy.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. Yet, for some reason I’m curious to see who will win.

Le Pen doesn’t plan to leave EU. She’s running for the 3rd time, and it was never part of her commitments. She maybe thought it was the right thing to do, but since it might gets her losing votes, she gave up on this idea quite a long time ago. Not sure about NATO, but I don’t think she plans to leave either.
As for the EU peace achievement, your comment is at best a sophism IMO. Throughout history, a treaty never proved to be the reason to avoid war. IMO, it has much more to do with the Bomb, the fact that EU is largely under the NATO (i.e. USA) umbrella, and the memories of these two atrocious wars in the 20th century. USSR and USA never went to war despite all the tensions and no serious treaty. A nuclear war would have been too costly. And not a single country sent troops in Ukraine to oppose Russia despite everyone agreeing that what is going on is terrible. If you are right, UK leaving EU should lead to war in western Europe at some point, and I’m pretty sure it won’t happen anytime soon. It’s also all assumptions here, because no one really knows why Western Europe is at peace for almost 80 years now.

With all due respect, Le Pen wanted to leave the EU and NATO in the past. Now she wants to destroy the EU from within by aiming for a Union of States.

The European Union is not just a Treaty. I agree that treaties can and are broken too easily. But the EU is a co-operation integration process to eliminate the tribe thinking from states. It started with the European Coal and Steel Community after WWI and WWII by western European countries to try to co-operate more. Now in the EU, there are opportunities and quite common for students to study in other countries, leading to less them and us thinking.

In contrast, Asian countries have not gone through that process and are still stuck in tribe thinking along old historical fault lines. That is a risk for the future. As we have seen with Russia whose leader Vladimir Putain was also stuck along old fault line tribe thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: SugoiBoy
Many companies and investors I’m sure! :sick:

to plunder; despoil: The logging operation raped a wide tract of forest without regard for the environmental impact of their harvesting practices.

or The I-bank raped its client by taking 10% of its IPO proceeds to build some nice PowerPoints, make a few phone calls, and file some paperwork.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Many companies and investors I’m sure! :sick:

to plunder; despoil: The logging operation raped a wide tract of forest without regard for the environmental impact of their harvesting practices.

or The I-bank raped its client by taking 10% of its IPO proceeds to build some nice PowerPoints, make a few phone calls, and file some paperwork.

ah yes the usual trick of using a word knowing everyone will understand it in the obvious sense , and then when asked to clarify “oh no, I didn’t mean that…”

anyway 58% Macron. No electoral college shenanigans. All votes have the same weight anywhere. No recounts, lawsuits , “booooo there is Chinese bamboo fibers in the ballots”, no press conference next to a dildo shop.

Damn we frogs are so boring

Reactions: e-smile
ah yes the usual trick of using a word knowing everyone will understand it in the obvious sense , and then when asked to clarify “oh no, I didn’t mean that…”

anyway 58% Macron. No electoral college shenanigans. All votes have the same weight anywhere. No recounts, lawsuits , “booooo there is Chinese bamboo fibers in the ballots”, no press conference next to a dildo shop.

Damn we frogs are so boring
ribbit..........ribbit......

Reactions: Frenchy and e-smile
i’d love to see a French equivalent of Keihan here so that we could have spirited exchanges like the ones in “The Next US President” thread

but quite sure pretty much anyone here agree that Le Pen would be a terrible choice . And quite sure also that not many people care who is the next French president anyway. So this thread might be short, sadly. But thanks for starting it

What, you think I can't debate French politics and geopolitical policy issues??? I told you before, I once sat on the floor of my dorm kitchen, in my underwear, and chugged a $150 bottle of fine French white wine. Plus I've probably rubbed one out to hundreds of different Mardi Gras voyeur videos. And I got drunk the other night and learned how to pronounce "AUDEMARS PIGUET" from a YouTube video, in anticipation of my newest venture as a hip-hop rap artist taking off and getting signed to a label and needing some bling for the BET awards show. I'm all set.

I actually had no idea there was an election until...yesterday? Today? There was a passing news clip on CBS about Macron being the first French president to win a second term in something like two decades. And I'm all for it. I don't know much about Le Pen, but I get the feeling she's probably not unlike that retarded twat Marjorie Taylor Greene and that bitch is so fucking stupid I change the channel whenever any station is slow enough to actually air whatever incoherent bullshit she's hollering.

I'm ok with a guy who fucks his teacher. Or girls who fuck their former HS teachers once they're of legal age and the teacher has gone back stateside and only returns for vacations. In Osaka. Not me, obviously.

Reactions: Frenchy
What, you think I can't debate French politics and geopolitical policy issues??? I told you before, I once sat on the floor of my dorm kitchen, in my underwear, and chugged a $150 bottle of fine French white wine. Plus I've probably rubbed one out to hundreds of different Mardi Gras voyeur videos. And I got drunk the other night and learned how to pronounce "AUDEMARS PIGUET" from a YouTube video, in anticipation of my newest venture as a hip-hop rap artist taking off and getting signed to a label and needing some bling for the BET awards show. I'm all set.

I actually had no idea there was an election until...yesterday? Today? There was a passing news clip on CBS about Macron being the first French president to win a second term in something like two decades. And I'm all for it. I don't know much about Le Pen, but I get the feeling she's probably not unlike that retarded twat Marjorie Taylor Greene and that bitch is so fucking stupid I change the channel whenever any station is slow enough to actually air whatever incoherent bullshit she's hollering.

I'm ok with a guy who fucks his teacher. Or girls who fuck their former HS teachers once they're of legal age and the teacher has gone back stateside and only returns for vacations. In Osaka. Not me, obviously.

yes! He’s back! Thanks for your (limited, but still…) interest in our elections

i am afraid Le Pen is not as nuts as MTG… this one is really in a category of her own. Im a bit envious actually. You should lend her to the French parliament for a few weeks, she would become a star in Paris.

Audemars? Pfffff… go for Breguet my Friend. 100 years older, more French (originally at least), clients included Napoleon and Churchill

Last edited:
Reactions: Keihan