The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just need to adopt my stance - politicians are all scum, some are merely more charming than others. They all deserve a firing squad.

upload_2020-7-31_0-27-35.png

Well I'll be.... peace in our time.

Reactions: Tabanico
Poor people voting for republicans are turkeys voting for Christmas.

This is from the chattering classes playbook. In reality, people vote for selfish reasons.

Areas in Appalachians are like third world countries. Politicians from both sides don’t want to work for those votes so the people in those communities generally don’t vote.

The next level of poor people are more likely to vote. Although if the Democrats dump a bunch of illegals into their communities increasing crime and lowering wages - why should those people vote Democrat?

Obama and the liberal elite despise the poor and working people in general. His philosophy was to get more people on food stamps to sure up his support in certain areas. He wasn’t about reducing inequality or helping anyone but his vested interests.

Last edited:
Poor people voting for republicans are turkeys voting for Christmas.

and this is from the Fox/Breitbart chattering class playbook too. Obamacare was about helping the poor and working people (which is why Trump hated it so much btw)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_coverage_in_the_United_States

Obama more or less retired after his first hundred days in office. He had so much goodwill yet achieved less than 5 percent of what he could have.

After 8 years of Obama the US remained the most unequal society in the world.

Since his retirement his main priority has been playing golf with billionaires. He should try looking at Jimmy Carter’s example on making a difference.

He had so much goodwill yet achieved less than 5 percent of what he could have.

maybe that will surprise you but I actually agree with that . The reason why I’m not a complete « fanboy » is that he caved in way too much (except maybe on Obamacare, which was his signature project) trying to play by the rules and being consensual, vs people who didn’t play by the rules and didn’t give a shit about the constitution, or simply the truth and decency. For instance on the M.Garland’s Supreme Court’s nomination why did the Republican Senators get away with blocking it under the BS excuse that it was « during an election year »?

Reactions: just4fun
He should try looking at Jimmy Carter’s example on making a difference.
People in general should follow that example. Despite my cracks about the moral ethos of politicians earlier, Carter is a surprisingly decent human being. 95 years old and still swings hammers (and gets hurt, he's not just holding a hammer for the camera) putting up housing for the disadvantaged.

Obama was shit. Trump is an order of magnitude shitter. Whatever happens in the he election the result will be shit.

That is my analysis.

No need to thank me.

Reactions: Sudsy and impish
Obama more or less retired after his first hundred days in office. He had so much goodwill yet achieved less than 5 percent of what he could have.

That's bullshit. Obama didn't "retire". Once the Democrats lost the House and Senate, Congress was unwilling to work with him. How many times did he have to pull out the executive order pen to try and get stuff done that congress just wouldn't even entertain debating? Neither side wants to work together and the further left or right we go the harder it will be to get things done that everyone needs.

Obama was shit. Trump is an order of magnitude shitter. Whatever happens in the he election the result will be shit.

That is my analysis.

No need to thank me.

I dunno, a Designated Survivor episode 1 type scenario wouldnt be too shit (depending on who the designated survivor is i guess)

That's bullshit. Obama didn't "retire". Once the Democrats lost the House and Senate, Congress was unwilling to work with him. How many times did he have to pull out the executive order pen to try and get stuff done that congress just wouldn't even entertain debating? Neither side wants to work together and the further left or right we go the harder it will be to get things done that everyone needs.

Anyway, one of the key reasons for Trump being elected was that Obama was seen an ineffective leader. His endorsement of Clinton was a double-edged sword for her. Most people wanted a change from the Obama days so even a sexist reality TV personality seemed like a better choice.

Same with Brexit as soon as Obama tried to use his ‘influence’ to stop it, the polls went the other way.

Away from the fanboys and the sluts in the Hubb with an Obama book of speeches - Obama’s sphere of influence is less than you might imagine.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Lets be optimistic though: I think the US proved it’s resilient enough to even have a trained monkey as President.

Reactions: impish

@Keihan Chikan
So is this dementia or just outright stupidity. I mean it's one thing to have been told a hundred times already that the flu was in 1918, but forgetting when WW2 happened just a few days after the Nagasaki nuclear bomb anniversary ... That's something;)

Reactions: SugoiBoy and Durg50
And even now it is increasingly difficult to tell whether articles about trump are actual parodies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/12/us-shower-pressure-trump-hair-water

It's like a logarithmic scale. When he was voted in it was sort of difficult to tell whether any given reportage was just some onion article. Now it is genuinely impossible. Literally everything that comes out of his mouth is pure nonsense.

And yet I bet this demented fuck stays in position for another however many years.

My mid-life crisis is like a car crash in slow motion. The only solace I can take is that the actual world is like a car crash in even morer slower motioner. It's like inception.

I am pretty sure if the election was between Kamilia Harris and Trump, Biden would vote for Trump.

Assuming Befuddled Biden gets elected, I can’t see him lasting four years. Harris will be the first ‘person if color’ to hold the post. (Coconut Obama doesn’t count).

How did the state of US politics get so bad?

hmmmm.... let me think.... maybe through electing the current president?

Yeah, before that it was just unicorns and rainbows and the strong brave US of A leading the free world to a better future :p

Reactions: impish
Yeah, before that it was just unicorns and rainbows and the strong brave US of A leading the free world to a better future :p

no that’s what they are now, if you listen to Trump himself

by the way between K.Harris , D.Trump and J.Biden I prefer the first woman first “person of color” as my “Leader of the Free World”. She seems much smarter and more alive than the two old geezers.

no that’s what they are now, if you listen to Trump himself

Why would anyone ever do that? Does he give out discount codes for love hotels in Tokyo?

no but he’s more entertaining than discount codes, I’d grant him that :)

There are only few possible explanations for that. 1) You are not using love hotels in Tokyo, 2) you are using them with the wrong girls or 3) you have a thing for old fat ugly white guys.

In the case of explanation three I will make certain to be seated next to you in the bar and encourage you to drink more.

There are only few possible explanations for that. 1) You are not using love hotels in Tokyo, 2) you are using them with the wrong girls or 3) you have a thing for old fat ugly white guys.

In the case of explanation three I will make certain to be seated next to you in the bar and encourage you to drink more.

and what if it’s “all of the above?” :)

Reactions: MikeH
Status
Not open for further replies.