The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both parties have their outlying fringe elements - the extreme left and extreme right - and the majority of both parties find their outliers to be an embarrassment.
True in most countries ... problem is that they tend to be the biggest loudmouths , while often crying like whiny little bitches that they are censored and repressed by (in no specific order) the establishment / the mainstream media / the « system » / «society » / « the New World Order »/ Zuckerberg / Gates / Soros ... Whatever...

All retards . Piss me off. Just make a giant « Retards Party » with both extremes in it (their views are often similar anyway) , and leave the majority of more or less reasonable and rational people in peace

Just make a giant « Retards Party » with both extremes in it (their views are often similar anyway) , and leave the majority of more or less reasonable and rational people in peace

That seems difficult when so many questions have a straight yes/no answer instead of a mystical in-between to strive towards to.
Stuff like:
Do you support abortion
Do you support the idea of LGBT rights
Do you consider illegal immigrants criminals

Of course there are plenty of other issues where a range of opinions can be held but ones like those above are important, life-defining, headline-grabbing and pretty binary imo.

Sometimes I wonder if we're just fooling ourselves that reasonableness exists

That seems difficult when so many questions have a straight yes/no answer instead of a mystical in-between to strive towards to.
Stuff like:
Do you support abortion

Of course there are plenty of other issues where a range of opinions can be held but ones like those above are important, life-defining, headline-grabbing and pretty binary imo.

Sometimes I wonder if we're just fooling ourselves that reasonableness exists

so you think moderates cannot answer them ? We should leave these topics to all the fringe fanatics on both sides?
Ok I am not a BS-loving-and-spreading fringe fanatic , I abhor them, and I answer Yes to all your questions. No problemo

Last edited:
so you think moderates cannot answer them ? We should leave these topics to all the fringe fanatics on both sides?
Ok I am not a fringe , BS-loving-and-spreading fringe fanatic , I abhor them, and I answer Yes to all your questions. No problemo

Are there moderates? What are moderates?

Are there moderates? What are moderates?
People who kept their brains operating and able to see the pros and cons of any position, check facts, think rationally , know that nothing is ever perfect and sometimes the best solution is just the least bad one and make decisions accordingly . Not Cult members in short

Not Cult members in short

Thank you for your reply.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there's a person out there who disagrees with you on those questions (the ones above just being a sample), it's quite likely that you look like a fanatic to them. Though I and you yourself may not think you give that impression.

In the end, calling yourself a moderate - with the superior reasoning, emotional control and judgment that implies - is a little bit proud, don't you think?

Thank you for your reply.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there's a person out there who disagrees with you on those questions (the ones above just being a sample), it's quite likely that you look like a fanatic to them. Though I and you yourself may not think you give that impression.

In the end, calling yourself a moderate - with the superior reasoning, emotional control and judgment that implies - is a little bit proud, don't you think?

yes it is
Proud to be a Moderate
Maybe it’s time some loudmouths be among moderates too
But I respect whomever may have different opinions, as long as they respect mine too. And sometimes my views may prevail sometimes not. Sometimes I can also change them if I’m proven wrong . Rationally and logically. Not just by chest-pounding , slogans screaming idiots

Reactions: Nixon2
Oh no, I don’t jump on any new bandwagon you put on rails as soon as people debunk your latest BS.
I need to have a life too. Feel free to say I’m lazy for not fact-checking this one.

Perhaps, one could create some BS scoring model for posts on TAG by using OCR, AI and whatever „deep“ tech.
For every occurrence of an expression such as „obviously“, „it’s a known fact”, "You're so big" etc. the BS score gets worse. That could save us some time, so we can have another life besides TAG, PhilSB etc.

Reactions: Frenchy
Stuff like:
Do you support abortion

I support a woman's right to choose, but not late term abortions
I consider myself a gay ally, but I don't think people born male should be able to compete in contact sport as a woman
Yes I consider ILLEGAL immigrants criminals because by definition they are (the clue is in the name) however I do support immigration and welcome refugees.

I think all of these stances are reasonable but there are plenty of people that would scream 'racist / transphobe / misogynist and/or baby killer' at me for all of them.

Reactions: Sudsy
Perhaps, one could create some BS scoring model for posts on TAG by using OCR, AI and whatever „deep“ tech.
For every occurrence of an expression such as „obviously“, „it’s a known fact”, "You're so big" etc. the BS score gets worse. That could save us some time, so we can have another life besides TAG, PhilSB etc.
Lol! Also « I made her cum X times ». (With X being obviously a function of Y, the guy’s proclaimed dick size)

Reactions: Durg50
I think all of these stances are reasonable but there are plenty of people that would scream 'racist / transphobe / misogynist and/or baby killer' at me for all of them.

yes and that’s usually how you know they are on the fringes

If someone can make a reasonable argument without the need to shout, name call, or proselytize then I'm inclined to listen.
But the media tends to cover the sensational, so these extreme knob-ends seem to dominate. As I mentioned before, idiots trying to shout down other people are dicks, no matter what side of the equation you are on.
People who are 100% shit sure they are right bewilder me. Whatever happened to compromise?

Reactions: Durg50
I don't understand why anyone would want that.
Okay, I correct that to "so we can have another life besides TAG except MikeH who is on TAG 24/7"
Honestly, you are either in a different time zone or you just don't sleep.

If someone can make a reasonable argument without the need to shout, name call, or proselytize then I'm inclined to listen.
But the media tends to cover the sensational, so these extreme knob-ends seem to dominate. As I mentioned before, idiots trying to shout down other people are dicks, no matter what side of the equation you are on.
People who are 100% shit sure they are right bewilder me. Whatever happened to compromise?
True , and in a spirit of great reconciliation after which we can all dance to Im a Believer like at the end of Shrek, this is where I actually agree with some Trumpian lore . Yep. It happens
- China is not playing fair in trade and investments (the fact that they can have Tiktok in the US but no FB in China for example)
- Some BLM activists are scum
- Germany and Japan could defend themselves
- the need for US troops presence in the Middle-East now is not obvious .
- Israel has a right to live in peace and security (and Palestinians too)
- Ivanka is indeed hot
And now I must be an evil racist / sionist / mysoginist too I suppose :)

Reactions: Nixon2
Stuff like:
Do you support abortion

Only one of those is legitimately a yes/no question (immigration) - the others are not that simple.

My own views:

1) Yes, women should have the right to choose, but that choice should be conditionally qualified.
- In the first trimester, it's up to the woman.
- Later term, no, unless there is a clear and present danger to the life of the mother, or some other medical reason.
- People with strong religious feelings regarding the matter are free to make their own choices on the matter, but should not be allowed to impose their choices on those who do not share their beliefs.

2) "LGBT rights" needs to be clearly defined, as there are a host of claimed "rights" there, and any rational person will agree with some and perhaps not with others, and take a non binary position on some.
- The right to have their relationships as they see fit (assuming all involved are consenting adults)? Of course.
- The right for same-sex couples to marry? Absolutely - reduced promiscuity and increased emotional security ease burdens on national health, while pooled resources lead to greater wealth creation potential. A double win for society.
- The right to use the restroom of their identified gender? Not a place for the government to interfere. Personally I think it makes more sense that facilities should be simply provided for "standing" and "sitting".

3) People who enter a country without respecting that country's immigration laws are committing a crime, and are therefore criminals. Sometimes sympathetic criminals, but still criminals.

Sadly, there one or two these creatures on TAG.

Honestly, you are either in a different time zone or you just don't sleep.

The one with the most sleep deprivation at death is the winner.

The right for same-sex couples to marry? Absolutely

Well, if they want to be as miserable as married heterosexuals who am I to deny them?

True , and in a spirit of great reconciliation after which we can all dance to Im a Believer like at the end of Shrek, this is where I actually agree with some Trumpian lore . Yep. It happens
- China is not playing fair in trade and investments (the fact that they can have Tiktok in the US but no FB in China for example)
- Some BLM activists are scum
- Germany and Japan could defend themselves
- the need for US troops presence in the Middle-East now is not obvious .
- Israel has a right to live in peace and security (and Palestinians too)
- Ivanka is indeed hot
And now I must be an evil racist / sionist / mysoginist too I suppose :)

So when Trump wisely anticipated that "it well get cooler" he not only referred to climate change but also to the heat of this debate. What a man!

Reactions: Frenchy
Sadly, there are also one or two creatures who give them all the right reasons to say so, on a silver plate. And then love to play the victims.

Lol You seem to be trying to cultivate your new woke pals. I guess @MikeH is more focused on dick massages these days so you don’t have any Internet pals anymore.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out for you!

So when Trump wisely anticipated that "it well get cooler" he not only referred to climate change but also to the heat of this debate. What a man!
Well, we’ll see. Because I now see the argument evolving towards « ok so if you support this or that then why don’t you agree also that X or Y » etc...
The problem is that even when some of his positions are clear and logical, you can’t help thinking ... fuck it’s hard to agree with a guy who talks like that for instance (and then denies he did...dude, its on a fucking video!)

Lol You seem to be trying to cultivate your new woke pals. I guess @MikeH is more focused on dick massages these days so you don’t have any Internet pals anymore.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out for you!

Thanks, you’re so kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.