The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a free service to those who visit - it's not a free service to those who operate the site and have to answer to complaints.
No, you don't get a free pass to say whatever you'd like especially when it inflicts harm on the general viewership and pushes people away from the site as a whole.
You have been here long enough to know our stance on toxicity that ruins the experience for visitors or new members.

Frenchy didn't raise a complaint - so back-off from that schtick.

I agree with your comments especially about about keeping a positive environment.

I am totally aware @Frenchy didn't raise a complaint - that was the point I was making. I like sparring with him. He doesn’t give out personal abuse. Others have given out nasty abuse. They are now on my ignore list.

I will reduce my input in political threads as the discussions have become largely pointless anyway.

Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH
I will reduce my input in political threads as the discussions have become largely pointless anyway.

You want to say the discussion got better then when it progressed? Because from the get go it was totally pointless. I guess my input about masturbation caused the positive change.

In the US system, is almost impossible for an independent or a third party candidate to be elected to anything let alone president. The major parties have a vested interest in keeping it that way. I wish voters had more choices.
It's important to point out that just because someone's an (ideological) independent doesn't mean they are 'better'. An example is Andrew Yang. He had a passionate internet following but was a phony.

He pretended to be above 'identity politics' as it's often mis-referred to. In reality, his thinking on the subject was different, see him on stage in 2018 behind closed doors.

It's not that I disagree on his specific point; I long ago came to a similar conclusion after looking at history, geopolitics, and traveling. He's just not real, and people sense that.

non US citizen can vote ? o_O
I don't think so, but the states have discretion (not necessarily above the belt) when it comes to these things so who knows. If they can get drivers' licenses and social security cards...

Last edited:
Unless you’re voting in one of the dozen or so purple states (Florida, Ohio, etc.), your vote doesn’t really matter at least as far as the presidential election goes given the nature of the electoral college. Yet, your vote could be significant for some down ballot races.

Unless you’re voting in one of the dozen or so purple states (Florida, Ohio, etc.), your vote doesn’t really matter at least as far as the presidential election goes given the nature of the electoral college
But it’s normal. And it won’t change. And you should not question the rationality of it. Because it was written by Moses on stone tablets or sthg like that, Im not sure of the historical facts here

Reactions: SugoiBoy
You want to say the discussion got better then when it progressed? Because from the get go it was totally pointless. I guess my input about masturbation caused the positive change.
I think you’re right. Colbert just proved that absolutely nothing , even the most idiotic and dangerous ideas, could change people’s minds. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Majestyk
Today, Joe Biden declared that "200,000,000" Americans will have died of COVID by the time he finished his speech. And mind you, he was supposed to be reading off a teleprompter.

This is in addition to the 150,000,000 Americans that have been killed by "gun violence" since 2007, also according to Joe Biden.

I'm no expert but by my calculations, that puts the American population at roughly -50,000,000 people right now. So obviously I'm already dead and speaking from the afterlife, probably through some diabolical scheme hatched by Vladimir Putin in partnership with Trump and Chairman Xi to rig the elections of a country with a negative population that doesn't actually exist anymore.

I've said it before, this is elder abuse and Biden's family should be ashamed for letting this continue. And the live debates begin next week.

Today, Joe Biden declared that "200,000,000" Americans will have died of COVID by the time he finished his speech.

Here is hoping he is still speaking.

Here is hoping he is still speaking.
Well here is hoping both could shut up actually
Teleprompters of the World, Unite!
A teleprompters strike is long overdue
Too much teleprompters abuse

Reactions: MikeH
Well here is hoping both could shut up actually

Tru dat, where is Lee Harvey when we need him?

But I am afraid we will lose many fine members of this board too if he stops talking and 200 million Americans drop dead in an instant.

Tru dat, where is Lee Harvey when we need him?

But I am afraid we will lose many fine members of this board too if he stops talking and 200 million Americans drop dead in an instant.

yes it looks like a magic spells competition , if you think about it « 200 million will die when I finish to talk » VS « it’s just like the flu and it will disappear when it gets warmer » . Harry Potter we need you

No matter what your position, Trump Haters are in for a very, very unpleasant couple of weeks. Next weekend marks the first presidential debates and it will be hosted by Fox, which means the producers and moderators won't be feeding the Biden camp the questions beforehand and tailoring the questions to give him an advantage (like CNN and MSNBC did with Clinton, and likely will do with Biden again this year). Sending a demented 77yo man who can't even keep up with a teleprompter to debate a reality TV megalomaniac on live TV? Oh yeah, that's going to end well.

And then while that disaster is unfolding, Trump is going to officially nominate Amy Coney Barrett, who is without question a phenomenal candidate and above reproach (should be hard to accuse her of being a rapist or racist this time, with her 7 kids, two of whom are adopted from Haiti), to replace RBG, and the Senate will confirm her, leading to the leftist meltdowns of all meltdowns with Pelosi desperately trying to impeach Trump all over again and this time for doing what the U.S. Constitution demands he do. The whole world will get to watch leftist Democrat crybabies burning down cities because...well, because...they aren't even sure.

And then the vaccine approval that's coming in probably the next four weeks.

If you're a Trump Hater then you should probably invest in some sedatives or ice chips to suck on or maybe just a comfy blanket. Hole up in that safe space. The next couple of months are going to be memorable.

Reactions: MossBoss
No matter what your position, Trump Haters are in for a very, very unpleasant couple of weeks. Next weekend marks the first presidential debates and it will be hosted by Fox, which means the producers and moderators won't be feeding the Biden camp the questions beforehand and tailoring the questions to give him an advantage (like CNN and MSNBC did with Clinton, and likely will do with Biden again this year). Sending a demented 77yo man who can't even keep up with a teleprompter to debate a reality TV megalomaniac on live TV? Oh yeah, that's going to end well.

And then while that disaster is unfolding, Trump is going to officially nominate Amy Coney Barrett, who is without question a phenomenal candidate and above reproach (should be hard to accuse her of being a rapist or racist this time, with her 7 kids, two of whom are adopted from Haiti), to replace RBG, and the Senate will confirm her, leading to the leftist meltdowns of all meltdowns with Pelosi desperately trying to impeach Trump all over again and this time for doing what the U.S. Constitution demands he do. The whole world will get to watch leftist Democrat crybabies burning down cities because...well, because...they aren't even sure.

And then the vaccine approval that's coming in probably the next four weeks.

If you're a Trump Hater then you should probably invest in some sedatives or ice chips to suck on or maybe just a comfy blanket. Hole up in that safe space. The next couple of months are going to be memorable.

sounds exciting actually . preparing the pop corn! :)

Reactions: just4fun
No matter what your position, Trump Haters are in for a very, very unpleasant couple of weeks.

What I have been forced to follow (*) the country has already pretty much been divided in two camps who don't care what happens, they have locked in their voting decisions.

If I am wrong about this then I would really like to know. As if the debates and the vaccine do play to Trump's favour then there would be some serious money to be made as the betting agencies now give him odds of 2.2 again.

(*) The two sites that I frequent have both threads about US elections and covid19 and in both they are the most boring and useless threads of all times. The only interesting thing is that in that other forum one guys has put more than 100k in USD for democrat to win (even he won't be betting Biden to win as there is a good chance he won't make it until the election day; but no worries Kamala will make a good president)

What, no wine and cheese? I am disappointed!
Well given the kind of fiery rhetoric I’m up against you can be sure that I will get the « cheese eating surrender monkey » honor again very soon. I prefer to keep it low profile and with a more American delicacy

Reactions: namae and MikeH
What I have been forced to follow (*) the country has already pretty much been divided in two camps who don't care what happens, they have locked in their voting decisions.

If I am wrong about this then I would really like to know. As if the debates and the vaccine do play to Trump's favour then there would be some serious money to be made as the betting agencies now give him odds of 2.2 again.

(*) The two sites that I frequent have both threads about US elections and covid19 and in both they are the most boring and useless threads of all times. The only interesting thing is that in that other forum one guys has put more than 100k in USD for democrat to win (even he won't be betting Biden to win as there is a good chance he won't make it until the election day; but no worries Kamala will make a good president)

i don’t know about betting sites (apart from the stock exchanges) but currently , nationally Biden is at about +7pt . Given that he’s a Dem and they have a built-in handicap of 3pt which (I was told) is a totally normal thing not to be even discussed, thats an « adjusted » margin of about +4. So yeah he could still lose I guess.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ls-tracker-who-is-leading-in-the-swing-states

Reactions: Frenchy and MikeH

Well, most swing states have Trump losing by about 4-6% right now, down from about 10-12% two months ago but still slightly outside the margin of error. But four years ago, those same pollsters had Hillary beating him by 6-8%. Honestly, I wouldn't even want to wager money on this one. If I was forced to make an educated guess then I'd say Biden should beat Trump by a narrow margin, probably 2-3%...but Trump always manages to pull off miracles by the skin of his ass. And now with the vaccine and SCOTUS appointment thrown into the mix, it's just too volatile of a situation for my tastes. If anything, I' d probably play the odds, put a little money on Trump and reap the rewards, maybe buy a watch if he manages to squeeze by again. At the most maybe a grand...buy myself a black Submariner if I actually win.

What I can tell you is that over the past few weeks I've been doing some small volunteer comms work with anti-Trump GOP groups (even though I'm voting for him, keeps life interesting), and ever since RGB passed, the entire political world has changed and/or stalled. Basically, there are a whole lot of former GOP figures and elected officials who still hate Trump's guts, but bigger than their hatred of Trump is their wet dream of a long-term conservative grasp of SCOTUS. Therefore, they're in a difficult position now. They want Trump booted, but booting him--should he not get Justice Barrett appointed before November--basically erases any chance of a historic 6-3 SCOTUS majority. However, if Trump can get Barrett appointed before November, which is most likely going to happen, then they no longer need Trump and can go right ahead with their current campaign to remove him. But we won't know the answer to that for at least another month, and by then it'll be too late either way.

The bottom line is, the SCOTUS appointment is far more important than any presidential election. Even if Trump wins, he's only an issue for another four years. A 6-3 majority will have an impact on the U.S. for the next two or three decades. Not to mention that Justice Clarence Thomas wants to retire, and has made it clear he wants to do so during a Trump presidency to ensure a safe appointment to replace him. To that end, I suspect a lot of Trump-haters in the Republican Party are going to hold their noses and support him if it looks like we'll need him past January. For the greater good, if you will. October is going to be very, very entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.