The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds incredible for most American people but there are some countries with free colleges and universal healthcare and even the right-leaning citizens are ok with that.

I had a Swedish client once, very savvy young entrepreneur type, very well-traveled and apparently very right-leaning. I enjoyed talking politics with him and once asked him what he thought of this push by leftist American politicians, like Bernie, to socialize everything and who use Sweden as an example of the freebie utopia they think they can transform America into.

He laughed, and laughed, and replied that those politicians are complete fucking idiots. And then he exclaimed, and this is almost verbatim from what I remember so don't blame me if it's offensive:

"You could NEVER do what we do here in America. We are a small country. There are small American states with a bigger population than all of Sweden. And we are a homogeneous country. We are all Swedish. We don't want, or let in, poor, dirty foreigners. We don't have populations of blacks and browns, like you do. We all work. We all work hard. We pay into the system. We understand that's our responsibility. Yes, we have free healthcare, and the government paid for my college to study abroad in America. But you know what? For the rest of my life, I will pay two or three times the taxes that you Americans do. I will never be rich, but I will be happy and safe with a good education and health and no dirty people committing crimes and abusing our welfare system. You will NEVER do that in America. You have too many who are greedy, and even more who are lazy. Your country was designed as an immigrant capitalist country and that's the only way it can work. The smart and hardworking get rich, and you need them because they're the ones who pay for all the lazy and dirty people you let in."

I was like...CAN I USE YOU IN A POLITICAL AD??

If he's still in America, I'm guessing he's a big Trump supporter.

Reactions: hundreddollarman
I had a Swedish client once...

That must have been a long long time ago. As since the Bosnian war they have taken in everybody who has managed to get to the border and say "asylum". Around 10% of the population is already foreign born and whilst a part of them are hard working none of them are tax paying. New inventions in Sweden in the last decade are robbing the money transfer cars with automatic weapons instead of the banks, rival gang wars with hand grenades, torching cars and then throwing stones to the fire brigade.

Reactions: chaztagster
That must have been a long long time ago. As since the Bosnian war they have taken in everybody who has managed to get to the border and say "asylum". Around 10% of the population is already foreign born and whilst a part of them are hard working none of them are tax paying. New inventions in Sweden in the last decade are robbing the money transfer cars with automatic weapons instead of the banks, rival gang wars with hand grenades, torching cars and then throwing stones to the fire brigade.

No kidding? Sounds like they're turning into Paris. I believe that conversation was about five years ago, and then he'd been stateside for about four years at that point. But I must admit, I know next to nothing about the state of affairs in Sweden. That's the luxury of being American...nobody expects you to know shit about other countries, cultures, languages, etc. All I need to know I can get from Fox News and drunken arguments at the bar.

Reactions: namae and MikeH
No kidding? Sounds like they're turning into Paris.

Oh, totally different. In Paris the police has "no-go zones" but in the more civilised Sweden they don't have any of those. Instead the police has "vulnerable areas" where they enter only in groups and "especially vulnerable areas" where they go in riot gear.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Oh, totally different. In Paris the police has "no-go zones" but in the more civilised Sweden they don't have any of those. Instead the police has "vulnerable areas" where they enter only in groups and "especially vulnerable areas" where they go in riot gear.

Sounds wonderful. At least stateside, when I'm forced to visit cities with large refugee populations I'm usually licensed to carry a firearm. Probably a good reason I've given most of Europe a pass thus far.

Reactions: MikeH
Sounds wonderful. At least stateside, when I'm forced to visit cities with large refugee populations I'm usually licensed to carry a firearm. Probably a good reason I've given most of Europe a pass thus far.
« No-go-zone » is a FOX TV invention.
There are rough areas for sure, and yes the police should go there more often, but no more no less « no-go zones » than LA or Chicago ghetto areas .

Reactions: RoboReptar
I had a Swedish client once, very savvy young entrepreneur type, very well-traveled and apparently very right-leaning. I enjoyed talking politics with him and once asked him what he thought of this push by leftist American politicians, like Bernie, to socialize everything and who use Sweden as an example of the freebie utopia they think they can transform America into.

He laughed, and laughed, and replied that those politicians are complete fucking idiots. And then he exclaimed, and this is almost verbatim from what I remember so don't blame me if it's offensive:

"You could NEVER do what we do here in America. We are a small country. There are small American states with a bigger population than all of Sweden. And we are a homogeneous country. We are all Swedish. We don't want, or let in, poor, dirty foreigners. We don't have populations of blacks and browns, like you do. We all work. We all work hard. We pay into the system. We understand that's our responsibility. Yes, we have free healthcare, and the government paid for my college to study abroad in America. But you know what? For the rest of my life, I will pay two or three times the taxes that you Americans do. I will never be rich, but I will be happy and safe with a good education and health and no dirty people committing crimes and abusing our welfare system. You will NEVER do that in America. You have too many who are greedy, and even more who are lazy. Your country was designed as an immigrant capitalist country and that's the only way it can work. The smart and hardworking get rich, and you need them because they're the ones who pay for all the lazy and dirty people you let in."

Many rich Americans are not that hard-working , trust funds babies and so on. They also pay much less taxes than they would in European countries or Japan for sure. And yeah it’s also politically incorrect to mention that, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoboReptar
The confirmation bias is very strong in this thread.
Yes and its useless anyway. Nobody can predict now who the next prez will be, same as 4 years ago same period.
What I find interesting though is the contorsions of the Reps to brand Bernie and the Squad « crazy » and minimize or simply ignore the craziness of their own guy, and vice-versa. Unfortunately what we can predict then is that there will be precious little of cool-headed, rationale , facts-based debates

Yes and its useless anyway. Nobody can predict now who the next prez will be, same as 4 years ago same period.
What I find interesting though is the contorsions of the Reps to brand Bernie and the Squad « crazy » and minimize or simply ignore the craziness of their own guy, and vice-versa. Unfortunately what we can predict then is that there will be precious little of cool-headed, rationale , facts-based debates
Elevating "The Squad," to hate-figure status is smart politics - Not only does it serve to distract people from real issues and day-to-day scandals, but it also establishes an evergreen bogeyman that DJT and Fox can use to whip up fear and loathing. Soon, the merest mention of "The Squad" will be like squeezing that squeaky toy that drives your dog crazy.

Reactions: hundreddollarman
Elevating "The Squad," to hate-figure status is smart politics - Not only does it serve to distract people from real issues and day-to-day scandals, but it also establishes an evergreen bogeyman that DJT and Fox can use to whip up fear and loathing. Soon, the merest mention of "The Squad" will be like squeezing that squeaky toy that drives your dog crazy.

Yes, that’s what politics came to be ... not just in the U.S by the way. Look at old political debates from the 60s and 70s , even 80s, and compare to the situation now. Its not just rock n’roll which was better then

Elevating "The Squad," to hate-figure status is smart politics - Not

The trouble with ‘The Squad’ and Democrats in general is that they are good at alienating their own potential supporters. I read a lot of interviews by Democrats and their supporters (actors, singers, the ‘great and the good’). They haven’t made the effort to understand why Trump was elected. They are too busy denigrating the ‘deplorables’.

Most Americans I know wanted team USA to lose the women’s football World Cup because of the idiots in the team politizing the game.

Trump galvanizes his supporters with his rhetoric. The Democrat’s rhetoric just plays to the minority who don’t respect the flag and are more interested in issues which don’t reflect the views of 80 percent of the population.

Most Americans I know wanted team USA to lose the women’s football World Cup because of the idiots in the team politizing the game.
Well then most Americans you know remind me some French who don’t like their football team to win if there are too many blacks in it.
Different prejudice but same idiocy.
Who cares if the ladies don’t like Trump? They won and all Americans should be proud of them irrespective of the political noise.
But anyway, they don’t really like sports that they aren’t the only ones to play anyway :D

brand Bernie and the Squad « crazy » and minimize or simply ignore the craziness of their own guy, and vice-versa.

Please don't mistake me as a Trump supporter. I've been aware of his issues since the 80s when they became very public. I've also been aware of Bernie's issues for a long time.

The idolization of the Squad is horse shit. I'm good with varied demographics in Congress. Not good with two open anti-semites and a self promoting blowhard. AOC is effectively the mirror-Trump.

They haven’t made the effort to understand why Trump was elected. They are too busy denigrating the ‘deplorables’.

That about sums it up. "why won't those shitty people vote for us, we obviously know better than them" is not a winning strategy.

Reactions: MossBoss and MikeH
Please don't mistake me as a Trump supporter. I've been aware of his issues since the 80s when they became very public. I've also been aware of Bernie's issues for a long time.

The idolization of the Squad is horse shit. I'm good with varied demographics in Congress. Not good with two open anti-semites and a self promoting blowhard. AOC is effectively the mirror-Trump.

That about sums it up. "why won't those shitty people vote for us, we obviously know better than them" is not a winning strategy.

I actually agree with you . We were lucky in France to have Macron to save us for a while at least from the far-right AND far-left nutjobs. Not that I think he’s such a great president but I don’t beleve a politician can be great anyway, they have much less power than we think. Better to have low expectations and at least get someone with reasonable cognitive abilities and not too many skeletons in the closet, who will do the job without screwing up too much.
In the US now it looks like you just need to be an extremist and shout louder and crazier shit than the other extremists.
Meanwhile , China is rising . I credit Trump for challenging them not just on trade but IP thefts by the way. It may be too late though.

Only the deluded idiots want a system like Sweden. Most people just want to be able to get out of college without a 200k debt. To them I say go to your state university and work in a Starbucks, or get a football scholarship. Healthcare is a bit different. It is obviously very broken. The thing is, most lawmakers on both sides of the aisle want reform. Immigration is the same. Most folks want reform. With both issues, it is the extremists who are blocking progress. They gotta stop talking about the few dirty, dangerous brown people. And they gotta stop talking about the few evil Nazi border guards who are supposedly locking up infants in small cages. If the Buta were President he would add a new right to the Bill of Rights: Hear Yee Hear Yee The Buta and only the Buta has the right to bitch slap any deserving bitch, male or female, in government who says something inflammatory and unhelpful. Now everyone shut the fuck up and do your fucking job! Have a great week and be careful out there!

Reactions: Frenchy
I actually agree with you . We were lucky in France to have Macron to save us for a while at least from the far-right AND far-left nutjobs. Not that I think he’s such a great president but I don’t beleve a politician can be great anyway, they have much less power than we think. Better to have low expectations and at least get someone with reasonable cognitive abilities and not too many skeletons in the closet, who will do the job without screwing up too much.
In the US now it looks like you just need to be an extremist and shout louder and crazier shit than the other extremists.
Meanwhile , China is rising . I credit Trump for challenging them not just on trade but IP thefts by the way. It may be too late though.
Agree. The Chinese, Russians, North Koreans, and sundry unsavory Regimes in dark corners of the planet are eating our lunch in the global market and geopolitically too, while we debate if what Trump just said was racist or not! Only in America can convicted felons in prison force the government to pay for sex change hormone therapy so they can grow tits and have gay sex with other prisoners! They get to watch TV and use the internet while they fuck and rape each other. We need a hardcore nuts and bolts moderate President democrat or republican it doesn’t matter, we just need someone who will 1) protect American economic interests abroad (duh Obama, you idiot) 2. Do something about the imbalance of wealth domestically (there will be violence if we don’t) 3. Reduce the cost of medical care. An MRI doesn’t need to cost $1,500. 4. Stop Americans from wasting energy and polluting the planet on a per capita basis much more than any other country. The Ford F-250 6.7 liter four door pickup truck is a completely stupid and grotesque vehicle. All owners of this vehicle should be downgraded to Suzuki Jimneys for 15 years as punishment. 5. Let all non violent prisoners out of jail. 6. Make anyone who is currently in the country a citizen. Right now. And then enforce the immigration laws we have. Ruthlessly prosecute any and all offenders at least to the same extent as countries like Singapore and Japan do. Anyone who employs an illegal alien gets a big fucking fine and has to do community service working as a border guard. 7. Eliminate the electoral college. One man, one vote. 8. Do something, I don’t know what, to stem the tide on Americans getting fatter and fatter and fatter. Jesus! Look at yourselves in Walmart riding in your little buggy since you are too fat to walk! Have another doughnut. And wash it down with a Super size Dr. Pepper! Jesus! 9. Do something to control how much time kids who are still in school get to spend online watching You Tube videos of stupid shit. If they can score over a certain threshold on the SAT, then they can watch. The Asians are beating the shit out of Americans in STEM subjects. This is a serious problem.

Agree. The Chinese, Russians, North Koreans, and sundry unsavory Regimes in dark corners of the planet are eating our lunch in the global market and geopolitically too, while we debate if what Trump just said was racist or not! Only in America can convicted felons in prison force the government to pay for sex change hormone therapy so they can grow tits and have gay sex with other prisoners! They get to watch TV and use the internet while they fuck and rape each other. We need a hardcore nuts and bolts moderate President democrat or republican it doesn’t matter, we just need someone who will 1) protect American economic interests abroad (duh Obama, you idiot) 2. Do something about the imbalance of wealth domestically (there will be violence if we don’t) 3. Reduce the cost of medical care. An MRI doesn’t need to cost $1,500. 4. Stop Americans from wasting energy and polluting the planet on a per capita basis much more than any other country. The Ford F-250 6.7 liter four door pickup truck is a completely stupid and grotesque vehicle. All owners of this vehicle should be downgraded to Suzuki Jimneys for 15 years as punishment. 5. Let all non violent prisoners out of jail. 6. Make anyone who is currently in the country a citizen. Right now. And then enforce the immigration laws we have. Ruthlessly prosecute any and all offenders at least to the same extent as countries like Singapore and Japan do. Anyone who employs an illegal alien gets a big fucking fine and has to do community service working as a border guard. 7. Eliminate the electoral college. One man, one vote. 8. Do something, I don’t know what, to stem the tide on Americans getting fatter and fatter and fatter. Jesus! Look at yourselves in Walmart riding in your little buggy since you are too fat to walk! Have another doughnut. And wash it down with a Super size Dr. Pepper! Jesus! 9. Do something to control how much time kids who are still in school get to spend online watching You Tube videos of stupid shit. If they can score over a certain threshold on the SAT, then they can watch. The Asians are beating the shit out of Americans in STEM subjects. This is a serious problem.

And with that said the next prez should be .. Warubuta! :)

Who cares if the ladies don’t like Trump? They won and all Americans should be proud of them irrespective of the political noise.

Everyone who is proud of playing football should be locked up in a lunatic asylum. Right next cell to the politicians.

Everyone who is proud of playing football should be locked up in a lunatic asylum. Right next cell to the politicians.
Yeah well I was saying proud of winning. Proud of playing, thats a different issue :D

You realize your platform is, for all intents and purposes, almost identical to the one Trump ran on? I got a spare MAGA hat if you want it!

Wait.. he plans to do sthg against obesity?! :ROFLMAO:

Should try to bring peace to Middle East first. Always start with the easier tasks.

Reactions: Frenchy
You realize your platform is, for all intents and purposes, almost identical to the one Trump ran on? I got a spare MAGA hat if you want it!
Yes! He has the right fundamental positions on many of the core issues. His approach though has been totally fucked up. It goes without saying that I don’t support him because he is a sad sack of a man - racist, selfish, Stormy Daniels fucking while his wife is pregnant McDonalds eating asshole. We just can’t have a POTUS who is such a complete failure as a man. Build a wall. No. How about control the border, enforce the existing laws etc. I wouldn't throw out the illegals that are already here though. They got in. Our bad. Close the border and don’t make the same mistake again.

Too many Democrats fail to realize economic justice is social justice. If I’m Joe Voter Sixpack, I don’t care about how many genders there are or if we should be able humanely detain refugees or whatever social justice issue is en vogue. I want to know if I can get a job, keep the job, and earn enough to support myself and my family.

The economy hasn’t imploded, so I am sure that is good sign for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.