Guest viewing is limited

The Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread

Hi, can anyone help a brother out?

I'm thinking of visiting Yoshiwara, I've been there a few times. I was thinking of walking up and seeing who's available. What should I say in Japanese and what can I expect them to ask? My Japanese level is beginner but pronunciation isn't bad.

When I walk up to the store, greet the guys and say yoyaku nashi, sore wa daijoubu desu ka? Then they might ask where I'm from is that right?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hi, can anyone help a brother out?

I'm thinking of visiting Yoshiwara, I've been there a few times. I was thinking of walking up and seeing who's available. What should I say in Japanese and what can I expect them to ask? My Japanese level is beginner but pronunciation isn't bad.

When I walk up to the store, greet the guys and say yoyaku nashi, sore wa daijoubu desu ka? Then they might ask where I'm from is that right?

"Gaikokujin ii desu ka?" works fine.

But really in Yoshiwara you'll get lots attention at the right time of the day and they'll talk first.

They usually ask "Picture?" eventually they will ask for your name, nationality and some other small little questions which helps for small talk. Good luck!

"Gaikokujin ii desu ka?" works fine.

But really in Yoshiwara you'll get lots attention at the right time of the day and they'll talk first.

They usually ask "Picture?" eventually they will ask for your name, nationality and some other small little questions which helps for small talk. Good luck!

Thanks. I've used that in the past "Gaikokujin ii desu ka?" It's a hit or miss, just depends who's at the counter serving and whether they have girls who will service gaijin's. I've been to channel 11 and ping pong and been rejected and accepted on various occasions. On a good day, the guys standing outside will holla at me and ask me to look at pictures. I've never tried services at Tiara (high end soap) but they were accommodating to gaijins and Naniwa too!

I'd prefer to be pretend I'm Japanese since I look like them. But you're right turning up during the weekday afternoon, when most Japanese are working will give it off. I assume most Japanese guys call up to make a reservation anyway?

Thanks. I've used that in the past "Gaikokujin ii desu ka?" It's a hit or miss, just depends who's at the counter serving and whether they have girls who will service gaijin's. I've been to channel 11 and ping pong and been rejected and accepted on various occasions. On a good day, the guys standing outside will holla at me and ask me to look at pictures. I've never tried services at Tiara (high end soap) but they were accommodating to gaijins and Naniwa too!

I'd prefer to be pretend I'm Japanese since I look like them. But you're right turning up during the weekday afternoon, when most Japanese are working will give it off. I assume most Japanese guys call up to make a reservation anyway?

I'm not sure about that...reservations are good if you want to guarantee a specific girl.

I'm surprised Ping Pong let you in, did they realize you weren't Japanese? I got a rather firm no from them, but it was quite some time ago.
In my experience most Japanese customers seem to have reservations. They don't really have time to sit and wait at the shop. Guys without reservations are usually really young guys that might be there for the first time etc.

FYI, if I'm trying to establish if a shop is open for gaijin or not, I will usually open with ohayou gozaimasu/konnichi wa/konban wa followed by
お店に興味あるんですが。。
or 外人禁止なんですか?

Last edited:
FYI, if I'm trying to establish if a shop is open for gaijin or not, I will usually open with ohayou/konnichi wa konban wa followed by
お店に興味あるんですが。。
or 外人禁止なんですか?

Thanks bro, I guess it's just easier to be up front and ask if they accept gaijins. I will definitely use that when I go next time. If only I had native level Japanese then I think I could pull off being a Japanese person.

If I get the choice of choosing a girl, can I ask osusume na desu ka? "what do you recommend?"

How do you ask "Which one offers the best service?" or "Is she shaven?"

I'm surprised Ping Pong let you in, did they realize you weren't Japanese? I got a rather firm no from them, but it was quite some time ago.
In my experience most Japanese customers seem to have reservations. They don't really have time to sit and wait at the shop. Guys without reservations are usually really young guys that might be there for the first time etc.

Yeah, they did realize I wasn't Japanese. It really depends who is working at the counter. I've been rejected a few times, even though I told them it wasn't my first time at Ping Pong. I think the guy who is more built servicing the counter is more friendly towards gaijins but he was hesistant at first. I guess it really depends which girls are available as well. Ping Pong is cheap, when I was there they 1hr course was between 16,000yen to 17,000yen total during the morning/afternoon session, similar to Channel 11. But the girls at ping pong aren't as good looking but service ain't bad. It's hard to find a girl with a nice face with a big rack, they're available but usually at the high end places which don't always accept gaijins. It's hard to find places under $20,000 for 1hr course. I can only think of Channel 11, Ping Pong, First Lady and their sister stores.

A lot of people on this forum have recommended Kings club, Blue lagoon and Naniwa

Yeah, they did realize I wasn't Japanese. It really depends who is working at the counter. I've been rejected a few times, even though I told them it wasn't my first time at Ping Pong. I think the guy who is more built servicing the counter is more friendly towards gaijins but he was hesistant at first. I guess it really depends which girls are available as well. Ping Pong is cheap, when I was there they 1hr course was between 16,000yen to 17,000yen total during the morning/afternoon session, similar to Channel 11. But the girls at ping pong aren't as good looking but service ain't bad. It's hard to find a girl with a nice face with a big rack, they're available but usually at the high end places which don't always accept gaijins. It's hard to find places under $20,000 for 1hr course. I can only think of Channel 11, Ping Pong, First Lady and their sister stores.

A lot of people on this forum have recommended Kings club, Blue lagoon and Naniwa
I think Cream Lemon is a cheap option that got a lot of reviews recently?

I think Cream Lemon is a cheap option that got a lot of reviews recently?

Yeah, I've read some reviews about them too. I think they're right next to Channel 11 from memory or at least on the same street.

Have you been to Cream Lemon?

Yeah.... I'm Caucasian and have tried at channel 11 a few times and was always told no. Cream Lemon is the cheapest option that I have found for foreigners. In the morning it's only ¥14,000 for the 50 minute course.

Looks like a new shop opened in Yoshiwara down the same alley as Channel 11. Haidi, no clue if it's Foreigner friendly or not but it is definitely a cheap shop.
http://www.haidi.jp/top.html
Same group as Channel 11, so questionable.
Apparently the shop has opened in what used to be Don Quihote, they closed a while back.

Last edited:
Guys, I need a favor. I want someone to try Aimable (if they allow gaijin).
They have a great looking roster but few girls per day it seems.
I've been wanting to try Aimable, Charmant and Don Juan in Yoshiwara for a while now, but haven't got around to it yet. Their rosters look good and they offer shorter courses at a mid range price. Anyone with any intel on these shops?

Haha, it crossed my mind but i didn't think there was actually a shop with that name, lol.

DQ (the soapland) had been around for quite a number of years - the store chain sued them several times over usage of the name. I guess they finally got it to stick...

I will be in Yoshiwara around Feb 202017 (Monday, hoping for an early morning visit, as I will be staying in Shinjuku and may need to fly out later that day), or alternatively Sat 18th which I imagine is busier?
I have heard kings club and Landmark are good for non-speaking Gaijins, I love the girls at Satin Doll, is landmark the one where you can ask for two girls at once? Is it just double the cost, so 150000 yen (1500 bucks)?
Is there anyway to book and make an appointment, and one last silly question do they take Amex or visa, carry alot of money around seems scary.
So to summarze:
1. Do all 3 do two girls?
2. Do they take amex/visa.
3. Can you book ahead?
4. Judging by the guide they are all gaijin friendly?

Thanks so much

The three shops you mention are good choices. I also recommend Blue Lagoon and Darling Harbour if you like young girls.

Credit is accepted but be prepared for extra fees.

Saturday afternoon is a good time because a lot of girls are available. Early morning is a crappy time because not all shops are open or don't have many girls working yet.

Good luck!