This guy made a big mistake

Durg50

TAG Member
Reaction score
http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2017/1...4-sexually-abused-girl-16-he-met-in-roppongi/

Unemployable, potentially going to jail.

Many years ago in Roppongi whilst making out with a girl at GasPanic who I thought was the same age as me, her friend tapped me on the shoulder and said 'she is 16' (I was 21 at the time) . I immediately just turned around and walked out. Ive always been grateful to that girl's friend, as they way it was going we would've left the club together.

Admittedly this is a bit different, seems like more of a grooming. But still, boys and girls be careful out there.

Reactions: Sudsy
The “I didn’t know she was 16” claim might be true.. although he is being investigated for a similar incident, so I don’t know.

I’ve met a couple of men who said that they accidentally went out with minors (16-17 year olds that looked early/mid-20’s).. and I also had friends back in high school who liked dating college guys. It’s not much of a shocker to me.

On another note.. people still use DVDs? :eek:

Reminds me of something I saw a friend do once. I was waiting outside the building and could see all this play out through the glass door. This is the conversation I saw happen reconstructed only through body language:

New Guy: Hey there, I've seen you around before here, you're cute though so you're hard to miss.
Girl whose father I know and sometimes work with: tee hee hee
*at this point I start doing wild jumping jacks outside the door trying to get his attention*
New Guy: So you're in college right? What are you studying
Girl: I'm not in college! I'm 16!
New Guy: ... oh shit
*her father comes around the corner*
Girl: Hi daddy!
New Guy: oh shit!

Her father immediately saw what happened and aimed a not playful at all kick at my friends balls that narrowly missed. Its one of the reasons I always try and figure out how old a girl is if she looks younger before I even try flirting. To be fair though, she's legal now and DAMN.

Netflix and chill
giphy.gif

Well, what is the age of consent in Japan :eek:?
The generally accepted age is 18+ -- and as far as TAG is concerned, that's the age we go with.
Nothing below 18 is allowable here. There are debates about different areas of Japan with different laws, but 18 is the rule.
If you're worried about 18, stick with 20 on your own.

There are a few threads here about this already.

Briefly, the government set the AoC at 13, but each prefecture is allowed to set their own AoC which supersedes that, and every single prefecture has set it at 18. So if you've heard from some creepy website or youtube list of "lol japan is so fucked up lol" that it's 13 then that is only technically correct and your ass will still go to jail where it belongs if you try anything.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2017/1...4-sexually-abused-girl-16-he-met-in-roppongi/

Many years ago in Roppongi whilst making out with a girl at GasPanic who I thought was the same age as me, her friend tapped me on the shoulder and said 'she is 16' (I was 21 at the time) . I immediately just turned around and walked out. Ive always been grateful to that girl's friend, as they way it was going we would've left the club together.

Admittedly this is a bit different, seems like more of a grooming. But still, boys and girls be careful out there.
Obviously more to this. Not just statutory rape. He must have hurt her or something and she complained to the cops. What a creep.

Reactions: TAG Manager
I doubt that I’ve ever crosssed the 18 line but certainly hit that 19 line at least once.

Have to be vigilant, these young girls hanging around places like Roppongi are definite traps. If they’re in the club, probably safer.

Yup, gaspanic didn't do ID checks like most actual dance clubs...

If i were 16 that time, i would have been furious at my friend for ruining things for me, not cool.

Now i'm of legal age myself though, i shiver by the thought of being with someone under 18. I would really hate to be tricked into seeing an underaged client for work for example.

Reactions: BB0523
Briefly, the government set the AoC at 13, but each prefecture is allowed to set their own AoC which supersedes that, and every single prefecture has set it at 18. So if you've heard from some creepy website or youtube list of "lol japan is so fucked up lol" that it's 13 then that is only technically correct and your ass will still go to jail where it belongs if you try anything.
There are truely a lot of gross misunderstandings about Japanese law out there, sometimes being fueled by an oversimplification on Wikipedia.

Obviously more to this. Not just statutory rape. He must have hurt her or something and she complained to the cops.

Have to be vigilant, these young girls hanging around places like Roppongi are definite traps.

Don't forget that banging guys then threatening to go to the cops has been a lucrative extortion scam for underage girls in Japan for decades.

The closest to accidentally crossing the line for me was when a massage girl revealed just a few minutes after I blew in her hand that she'd turned 18 two weeks ago.

Morbidly curious I asked a question I didn't really want to know the answer to.

"How... how long have you been... working?"
"Oh about 3 years."

Never went back there. Wasn't in Japan for those worried.