Thoughts over "money" is "energy exchange"

Money also does not relate to happiness.

That is true: they have noticed in university studies that people who have 100 million dollars are not happier than people with only 99 million dollars.

Money also can't buy you friends. Though the level of your enemies does increase.

Beatles used to sing You Can't But Me Love but they didn't have TAG back then.

That is true: they have noticed in university studies that people who have 100 million dollars are not happier than people with only 99 million dollars.

Money also can't buy you friends. Though the level of your enemies does increase.

Beatles used to sing You Can't But Me Love but they didn't have TAG back then.
I know your are kidding but you are so right.
The study has been done in many countries and after a certain level of income there are no more correlation between happiness/life satisfaction and income.
The number for North America is around USD 105k. http://time.com/money/5157625/ideal-income-study/

Reactions: Majestyk and MikeH
The study has been done in many countries

Yeah, read the same studies. And that result sounds like common sense (though that normally means it's not correct :eek::D): When you have covered all your basic needs and then some your problems with money go away. You'll most probably get other problems instead though because I never read a study that says rich countries would be happier than poor; sometimes it seems to be the opposite that is true.

I think the studies indicate that your happiness with money is related to the people you deal with every day. If you feel you are poorer than your neighbourhood you don't feel happy; with the same money in a different place you might.

It's interesting to see how differently react you on money. It's an essential material we need to keep living. For those can be happy by limited amount of money, they are mentally, spiritually strong. They find fulfillment by different source. But, I bet that requires such a perseverence.

I believe money can be a magnet that you trigger.
You know money that would do good to you.

You can buy girls to satisfy your physical need, when you make good amount of money. Money is a powerful tool to show who you are. Money gives you powerful confidence, in which reflects your confidence.

It's all your choice, you are the company yourself, to manage, invest your life with money.

I believe, money can buy happiness, but can't buy everything you want.

But the powerful tool, to make your living just the way you wish!

You < Money or You > Money is you are the one to decide. Money wants respect, as well. I assume, that's where it starts...

I remember in high school first hearing the "maxim":

"Life is like a shit sandwich - the more bread you have, the less shit you get".

Complex ..... but basically summarizes this thread.

You need a base amount of money to exist, so you can start to live and enjoy life.

It is interesting to compare the attitudes of rich people like Buffett and Gates vs. Trump types/reality TV types. Personality, intellect, mental health, ego, insecurity, upbringing .... seem to factor into the love of money and material assets. Buffett is probably typical of many millionaires/billionaires - frugal. I am sure there are many millionaires in my Tokyo neighbourhood - "hiding" in plain sight.

The FIRE movement has really taken off in the States. All of these overly responsible young people are saving like hell with the intent of retiring early. Idiots, every one.

I remember in high school first hearing the "maxim":

"Life is like a shit sandwich - the more bread you have, the less shit you get".

Complex ..... but basically summarizes this thread.

You need a base amount of money to exist, so you can start to live and enjoy life.

It is interesting to compare the attitudes of rich people like Buffett and Gates vs. Trump types/reality TV types. Personality, intellect, mental health, ego, insecurity, upbringing .... seem to factor into the love of money and material assets. Buffett is probably typical of many millionaires/billionaires - frugal. I am sure there are many millionaires in my Tokyo neighbourhood - "hiding" in plain sight.

yeah I don't remember the book - maybe 'an idiots guide to investment' but one of the points it makes are that you probably have several millionaires in your neighborhood if you are in a middle class suburban area. they will most likely have their kids at a state run school and drive a 12 year old nissan. You don't necessarily need to be frugal (like buffet and his 1 dollar breakfasts) but just sensible with money and not a show-off (i.e. insecure) and if you have a decent job and avoid any surprise financial hits, you'll be a millionaire soon enough.

also yeah I agree the FIRE movement is stupid. Yes saving is important but these people are living ridiculously constricted lives and sacrificing a lot of things now, gambling on being lucky enough to have a healthy middle / old age. Ive seen enough people die young or youngish to not be nonchalant enough to assume middle and old age is a given.

"Labor preserves us from three great evils - boredom, vice, and want." (Voltaire)

I believe this is true. To be happy, you just keep yourself busy. Money is just a byproduct.

I don't think being extremely busy with work makes you "happy" - it just means you don't have time to think about anything but work. That was my experience anyway.

You can’t eat for eight hours a day or drink for eight hours a day-all you can do for eight hours is work. Which is why man makes himself and everybody else so miserable and unhappy.

- Faulkner

On a serious note though, money is important because Mad Science isnt cheap

1. Doomsday devices arent free. In fact they are very expensive to build.
  2. It is wrong and illegal to keep a harem. Slavery is a horrible thing. However there is no law against keeping a harem of reanimated women since they are not legally people. Reanimation isnt a stable procedure, the research is expensive as is the process. That and in this country getting fresh female corpses of a certain attractiveness before they go to the incinerator isnt cheap either. Also lets be clear, murder is wrong and I dont condone it even if it makes the supply issue easier.
  3. Have you priced out hidden lairs lately? As with all real estate its all about location. You need to be able to get to and from your lair but it cant be in a city itself and you need space, preferably underground and that kind of construction isnt cheap.

So yeah, money is important!

On a serious note though, money is important because Mad Science isnt cheap

1. Doomsday devices arent free. In fact they are very expensive to build.
  2. It is wrong and illegal to keep a harem. Slavery is a horrible thing. However there is no law against keeping a harem of reanimated women since they are not legally people. Reanimation isnt a stable procedure, the research is expensive as is the process. That and in this country getting fresh female corpses of a certain attractiveness before they go to the incinerator isnt cheap either. Also lets be clear, murder is wrong and I dont condone it even if it makes the supply issue easier.
  3. Have you priced out hidden lairs lately? As with all real estate its all about location. You need to be able to get to and from your lair but it cant be in a city itself and you need space, preferably underground and that kind of construction isnt cheap.

So yeah, money is important!

Don't forget about the "sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads". Those things cost a fortune these days. ;)