Tinder is a bust in japan for residents?

kingaddictx

TAG Member
Reaction score
So due to the pandemic I've taken to tinder to try and hook up without exposing myself to the be C virus. I was never a fan but, said why not?
Normally I'd hit a club, bar .or social event up and never had slim pickings. But now I'm doing the telework thing (like all the smart companies). Not that most people over here are SERIORUSLY worried about corona as much as as in the USA or UK. One walk thru central tokyo with all the maskless people says that but...

anyway..

I've had zero luck lol.

enough matches but the majority end after a few messages.
got a few LINE chats but nothing has resulted in a single meet up.

had a few that seemed close but then the ghosted the next day.

wondering if anyone else has had any real luck with TINDER or any other 出会いサービス. app.
not that i care but i only seem to see divorced woman, other immigrants AKA gaijin (mostly from the Philippines that are mad i figured out they are not japanese wtf lol), and transwoman looking for sugardaddies.

Last edited:
I am confused, most guys would think that as extremely lucky. :D

Hey if they would acctually meet I wouldn't mind lol.
My experience has been mostly a few messages, occicilaly a LINE/Kakao request short chat and then when it comes time to actually meet...it like i'm a ghostuster.

only all ghost...no BUST lmao. I don't take it too seriously but i'm just wonder if anyone else has had any luck.

I stopped using it but when I did in my bio I said let's meetup. Seemed to work better than other type of bios.

Yeah, which central Tokyo is that?

Shinjuku, roppongi, chiyoda, asakusa, akihabara.

|'m not saying everyone is walking around maskless, but enough people are.

I've seen droves of salarymen and oji/ba - sans walking around maskless without a care in the world.
Parents picking their kids up from school without mask and at a few eating establishments as well, though the later probly can't be helped.

Shinjuku, roppongi, chiyoda, asakusa, akihabara.

|'m not saying everyone is walking around maskless, but enough people are.

I've seen droves of salarymen and oji/ba - sans walking around maskless without a care in the world.
Parents picking their kids up from school without mask and at a few eating establishments as well, though the later probly can't be helped.

it’s a tiny minority though
Having said that I don’t really see the issue with being maskless outside unless it’s really crowded

it’s a tiny minority though
Having said that I don’t really see the issue with being maskless outside unless it’s really crowded
Or if you've already gotten it (like me) but still wearing one for the mental state of others......I'm seeing more maskless but......not that many.

yeah, outside, don't care so much - only when inside or when it's really crowded. I've not been out that much at all lately and when I am out, I might see one person without a mask.
When I'm out shopping; I (so far) haven't see anyone without a mask except some children... but even the kids are wearing masks usually.
Going out to eat, again rare, but people usually keep their masks on before the food comes.

Funny though, the only places I remember seeing more than a few people without masks was in Roppongi, Azabu, Hiro.... ironically. Most of those without masks were of course, other foreigners.

Most of those without masks were of course, other foreigners.

I used to see one maskless person per day. And every fucking time it was a white boy, usually with a cute Japanese gf who was of course wearing a mask.

How bad did it affect you?

Considering how fucked up he was already before I'd say nobody noticed any difference. :p

Reactions: just4fun
Considering how fucked up he was already before I'd say nobody noticed any difference. :p
I'm glad somebody noticed :p

Reactions: Tabanico and MikeH
So due to the pandemic I've taken to tinder to try and hook up without exposing myself to the be C virus. I was never a fan but, said why not?
Normally I'd hit a club, bar .or social event up and never had slim pickings. But now I'm doing the telework thing (like all the smart companies). Not that most people over here are SERIORUSLY worried about corona as much as as in the USA or UK. One walk thru central tokyo with all the maskless people says that but...

anyway..

I've had zero luck lol.

enough matches but the majority end after a few messages.
got a few LINE chats but nothing has resulted in a single meet up.

had a few that seemed close but then the ghosted the next day.

wondering if anyone else has had any real luck with TINDER or any other 出会いサービス. app.
not that i care but i only seem to see divorced woman, other immigrants AKA gaijin (mostly from the Philippines that are mad i figured out they are not japanese wtf lol), and transwoman looking for sugardaddies.

I used to have a Tinder account but not many girls to be honest, few girls were interested in me.

Never got a real meeting or date with someone who I got from Tinder.

I want to know if you are interested in a serious relationship or just hookup and have casual sex.

If you are looking for a long and serious relationship, there a lot of Japanese women looking for a partner to settle down. Best way is if you have a common friend who can introduce you to the girl. A friend of a friend.

If you are just looking for casual sex and nothing serious, you can try "nampa". You can go to a bar or walk around streets. Many Japanese women are interested in foreigners, so you can try in places where Foreigners gather. You can surely find Japanese women there.

Hey there!

Hope you're all doing good in these weird times.

Well I've been using Tinder for over a year now and here's my thoughts on it.

- The best luck I had so far was with foreign girls.

I met, dated and had sex with a korean and a filipino. It didn't really go any further than spending some nice time with each others though but it worked. After long discussion with them, I found out that they pretty much understood the concept of Sex friends and we both agreed on what we were here for.

-When it comes to Japanese women, well I don't have the undisputed truth but this is what I've noticed/think.

I do mention in my bio/profile that I'm already dating someone (not married or anything but I have someone).
You'll still have some hits and girls you'll start to talk to but most of them will be very young and/or married. In this case Ghosting at some point happens in 80% of the time.

I've talked with a couple of friends, much younger, with pretty cool bios and pictures and they have exactly the same problem.

Once Line is exchanged, a lot of the times the girl will freak out when it's time to meet. Not later than last Saturday, I had a girl cancelling an appointment one hour before we were supposed to meet, before vanishing forever. We had been talking for over three weeks.
I had as well a few girls not reading my bio and literally loosing it when I told them I had a GF. I can perfectly spend an afternoon with any woman out there and be a perfect gentleman, but well it didn't seem to matter.

As mentionned, I had on top of that a few drinks with some random Japanese girls I had met on Tinder and a lot of them were genuinely trying to find a BF or even some friends. They were trying REAL HARD. A couple of them even tried to make me pass a video interview :LOL:

Generally speaking, I'd say that this kind of app are a broad reflection of the real world. People will ghost just like in real life and it really seems to be a Japanese trademark.

My advice to you would be a killer combo of Bio in English and Japanese/Good pictures of yourself and then no matter what your situation is relatonship wise, just tell them that you're single. I don't want to do that myself even though I've been starting to think that it would probably work...

I wouldn't bet too much on Tinder as it can be terribly time consuming with few results in return.

Let us know!

H.

Reactions: Tabanico
Hi!

I am new to this site, and this is my first post.
About tinder: I must say I had good luck with it. But it was some years ago, when Tinder was starting in Japan. Recently I deleted the App because there were mostly fake Singapore ladies who would try and trick you in installing an app on your phone before meeting.

However, in the "good old times" (i.e. 4 to 3 years ago) I managed to meet in person several ladies, both Japanese and foreigners, but very few of them were looking for anything else than the "one and only". I was a bit confused about what I wanted, so sometimes I could go along with it for a while, and in some cases (I would say 4-5 cases) this lead me through the Golden Gate. In one case I started a relationship that lasted one year, and then I had to end for personal reasons (but the lady, a 35 y.o. Japanese, was worth it, I must say).

But as I mentioned in the last years (2019-2020, then I deleted the App) the number of genuine profiles was very low. I think JSW understood that Tinder is not the right place for a serious relationship, and those who want adventures are either 20 y.o. (way under my ideal age, and usually look for guys of similar age), or are too shy /intimidated to go beyond the first messages and actually meet in person.

Maybe I will give it another try in the next months.

Good luck!

A.

Used Tinder on this account for over a year. Had 2100~ matches but now 1700 and keeps dropping cos people delete accounts or unmatch me or something. I have the most luck on Tinder and Meeff, but not so much on Bumble, Badoo or Okcupid.

I've had easier time talking with the prettiest girl in school/college etc. then the internet. The internet is so trash when it comes to dating to me.

I had some lucky shots on Tinder but aside from a couple cases it was rarely satisfying or worth it.

I don't do it currently cause honestly I have 7 SFs I don't got time for more hookups, but I'd say the only correct way to play Tinder if you're mildly attractive foreigner is to simply directly say what you want. If it's sex then sex, and list what you like. Also mention any good point like height, have car, live central etc etc.
Be short, don't waste your time on a life story or trying to be clever they don't read it anyways. Put Japanese first and English afterwards if you want to prioritize Japanese girls and English first if you want to cash in on gaijin hunters and foreigners.

If you're not looking for hookups then it's the usual dating routines, write a snappy fun profile that shows you're well adjusted and decent to be around and have good photos and you're done.

I recommend boosting for the first few rounds so the algorithm favors you. If you see a week or two with no good results feel free to delete your profile and try again.

Honestly though on average Bumble got me higher class girls with higher chance of meet. Had sex with probably atleast 30 girls just from Bumble. That being said if you like young hot Japanese poon like the menhera style girls Bumble girls are abit on the plain side.