Guest viewing is limited

Tinder -> Strategies To Move To Irl Meetings?

I have hundreds of match on tinder, only about three of which I'm actually interested in.

On the practice with the ones I don't care about I've found just inviting them out for coffee largely leads to rejections.

Would like to not just shoot blindy at the ones I'm actually interested in.

What types of strategies can you use on tinder to make you it seem like you are worth meeting in real life?
As part of a PUA strategy do you need an instragram and making your own self seem popular?

My first post but I seem to be having great success especially with girls out in Tokyo. I went to Tokyo for 4 days and smashed 5 different girls from tinder. Scheduling that was a terrible pain. A few things, you have to always make the conversation about them. Also, I always let them know I'm not into relationships and I'm just looking for fun (casual drinks) when I pass through Tokyo. 2x I was told they respected my honesty. Compliment their looks a little not too much use the push pull method compliment and joke to break the seriousness. The main thing is to remain casual like if they hook up with you that's awesome but if they don't and just want casual drinks you're fine with that as well. After getting past that make a few sexual references and you should be able to tell if they're down to pound or not. One girl was a dancer and I like to sing. She asked me to sing for her and I told her only if she dances for me.....on my lap. She got a good laugh and sent me "maybe ;)". If they are down, cool get their LINE and build up suspense until you meet. If not drop them and move on. All but 1 of the girls were amazing and had wonderful personalities it was truly a blessing to meet them all and to spend the time we spent. The one that wasn't positive was actually a foreigner. I thought because she was a foreigner the evening would be more interesting but she was super insecure to the point where it was a bad experience.

I thought because she was a foreigner the evening would be more interesting but she was super insecure to the point where it was a bad experience.
This theme seems to be really common for some foreigners living here...

Thanks for your overall report on Tinder usage in Japan. This is an overly positive experience compared to others plus my own personal experience.

I went to Tokyo for 4 days and smashed 5 different girls from tinder.

Pretty good stats, lol...

This theme seems to be really common for some foreigners living here...

Thanks for your overall report on Tinder usage in Japan. This is an overly positive experience compared to others plus my own personal experience.

Pretty good stats, lol...
Thank you I work hard

Reactions: Tokidoki
my first month with tinder was awesome and then it just dried up.. very weird.. i think there are some kind of algorithms were it punishes you for certain behavior .. no idea what the criteria is..

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
my first month with tinder was awesome and then it just dried up.. very weird.. i think there are some kind of algorithms were it punishes you for certain behavior .. no idea what the criteria is..

Liking everybody makes Tinder show you more uggs.

My first post but I seem to be having great success especially with girls out in Tokyo. I went to Tokyo for 4 days and smashed 5 different girls from tinder. Scheduling that was a terrible pain. A few things, you have to always make the conversation about them. Also, I always let them know I'm not into relationships and I'm just looking for fun (casual drinks) when I pass through Tokyo. 2x I was told they respected my honesty. Compliment their looks a little not too much use the push pull method compliment and joke to break the seriousness. The main thing is to remain casual like if they hook up with you that's awesome but if they don't and just want casual drinks you're fine with that as well. After getting past that make a few sexual references and you should be able to tell if they're down to pound or not. One girl was a dancer and I like to sing. She asked me to sing for her and I told her only if she dances for me.....on my lap. She got a good laugh and sent me "maybe ;)". If they are down, cool get their LINE and build up suspense until you meet. If not drop them and move on. All but 1 of the girls were amazing and had wonderful personalities it was truly a blessing to meet them all and to spend the time we spent. The one that wasn't positive was actually a foreigner. I thought because she was a foreigner the evening would be more interesting but she was super insecure to the point where it was a bad experience.

I'm guessing this is all in English?

Just had a woman who on Tinder was only interested in meeting new friends and learning more english. I told her I was interested in learning more japanese and the vast majority of our conversations were teaching each other about Japanese and English, not to mention the vast majority of contact was through tinder and over a period of about 2 months. Nothing was mentioned about meeting up or interest in one another strictly platonic I thought. Fast forward to last night or early this morning around 2 am and she asked me where I was and what I was doing, next thing you know it's a netflix and chill type of night and unlike the current US President elect, my grabbing of the pussy was consensual. In other words you never know and Tinder has been letting me down a lot lately, this was a pleasant surprise.

After recently breaking up with my girlfriend, I decided to give a try to tinder.
I've been away from the dating scene for more than 2 years and felt rusty.
For 3-4 weeks I used tinder got enough matchs and met 2 girls, dates didn't go well.

I kind of gave up on tinder

Then I don't know how, I recently read one of solong post about how to use tinder (on page 1 of this thread), and decided to apply the method he described. Nothing revolutionary, only sort of good sense, however it just proved efficient :)

Within this week I match 2 girls I like and used same pattern on them. First message I describe myself and ask them to do it to, then after getting the reply, and do Line contact exchange.
On line after a bit of chit-chat I rapidly invite to a date.

No time wasted, very efficient to cut off time waster and forever chatter.

So for that I thank you solong for reminding me the basics.

Then the both dates (Friday and Sunday) went fine and ended up at my place. I will spare the details ;)

Tinder is a fail in my experience. I've been swiping for a month every day and had a total of 6-7 matches. I'm fairly handsome which has been confirmed by (japanese) females. So either they don't like foreigners or I'm unlucky.
Those matches either don't answer at all, answer with one word or stop answering after 3-4 messages of small talk. If you mention meeting them, they also stop answering. I've even tried talking to them in japanese.

Online dating in japan is a
I have more convenient way of getting sex rather than trying to do a street pick up. For some reason the dynamic of internet dating in japan seems safer to women than in other countries. So you have the scenes rio of her looking at your online profile: "oh his name is joe he works as an English teacher in Saitama and he is from America, he must be a safe person" this is the assumption. If that same guy Joe walks up to a random woman in the street hey I'm Joe do you have a moment to Spare? Within that 10 second period the woman decides the risk is higher than the reward so tells him "sumimasen" without giving it much thought

Liking everybody makes Tinder show you more uggs.

I'm guessing this is all in English?

I dont know how complex the algorithm is but i think there is something else.

I once made a fake account on tinder with a "good looking guy with nice body" even though i dont think i am ugly myself.

But this account constantly got "beautiful" girls.

I also used my own face on a different account and get fat and ugly girls a lot, so maybe Tinder shows you more beautiful girls if more beautiful girls also likes you.

Back on topic?

I think the online thing is much harder than in person. I suspect I just need to experiment more and figure out what works and what doesn't.

I am exploring it as a way to create a bond with someone before visiting a city I am unfamiliar with.

Having been to many different countries in Asia i can tell you with a guarantee that even though Japanese girls are "interested" in foreigners that you have to keep in mind that almost every girl in Japan has a career.

And that career is the most important thing to them, so if they need to work the next day or have a job in the weekend or work 12 or 14 hours a day they will always chose their job over a date whether it's Tinder or a guy that they are even interested in.

Even Japanese girls that i already meet in my country cant seem to make time to meet when i visit Japan because of their job.

Unless they are very eager to meet and they stay with you in your hotel or apartment to leave to work from there the next morning you will always have to put more effort in Japanese girls then girls from other countries like Thailand.

This also applies to countries like Korea anf Taiwan.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Maybe fits in this thread:
How does one drop a hint in japanese? Something more specific than "want to have fun?" "want to play?" that isn't as blunt as "wanna go to a hotel lol?"
Most girls speak little english so a generic term like fun or play can be misunderstood. So what's the "japanese way" to suggest a little hotel fun?

Maybe fits in this thread:
How does one drop a hint in japanese? Something more specific than "want to have fun?" "want to play?" that isn't as blunt as "wanna go to a hotel lol?"
Most girls speak little english so a generic term like fun or play can be misunderstood. So what's the "japanese way" to suggest a little hotel fun?

Um. Towards the end of a date that's going well, just flat out saying "Wanna go have some fun at a hotel?" actually works. I wouldn't expect to get too many 'yes' answers if you just randomly hit on people, but women aren't stupid. They all know the hotel visit is a possibility and could be expecting it... they could have a preset answer in their mind beforehand or could be flexible depending on how everything else goes.

Tinder in Japan is a steaming pile of poo.
Tinder is a fail in my experience. I've been swiping for a month every day and had a total of 6-7 matches. I'm fairly handsome which has been confirmed by (japanese) females. So either they don't like foreigners or I'm unlucky.
Those matches either don't answer at all, answer with one word or stop answering after 3-4 messages of small talk. If you mention meeting them, they also stop answering. I've even tried talking to them in japanese.
Same experience as you, time wasted IMHO.

Maybe you're just ugly as sin.

That has never been any hindrance to me though, but I guess it could be my wonderful persona that comes through and saves the day?

Reactions: TAG Manager
Tinder has been pretty good for me. But then again i have a very specific requirement.

1. Only bother matching with girls within a 10 miles radius otherwise the logistics and planning are a pain and usually never goes well
  2. Mostly pursue dates with foreigners or internationalized japanese girls with english skills
  3. Girls who cannot speak proper english are an instant out since they are mostly flakes and/or spend lots of time messaging back and forth and i am usually not interested anyways since there is no meaningful conversation forseeable.
As for pictures i try to put as many decent pictures which clearly show ny face, i do activities, travel etc... along with a basic profile with info saying how long i have been in japan and what i do.

At the end tinder is all about selling yourself in a very short attention span and if your profile does not catch her attention you will be swiped left. Even if you match, you need to initiate conversations otherwise you go into the endless list of matches. It a game of persistance and luck. And yes unfortunately if you are not attractive then definitely tinder is not for you unless you have extremely glamorous pictures and/or a cool ass profile desrciption.

Maybe you're just ugly as sin.
I just thought my mirror was broken. The shame of it all.
At the end tinder is all about selling yourself in a very short attention span and if your profile does not catch her attention you will be swiped left. Even if you match, you need to initiate conversations otherwise you go into the endless list of matches. It a game of persistance and luck. And yes unfortunately if you are not attractive then definitely tinder is not for you unless you have extremely glamorous pictures and/or a cool ass profile desrciption.
Have to agree here. I don't put much effort in, explains why it's been shit for me.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Have to agree here. I don't put much effort in, explains why it's been shit for me.

Exactly. Even i usualy swipe left to girls who have a blank profile unless they are really hot and just withing five miles. And usualy even then its pointless. People who take time to fill a profile are genuinely on tinder to meet. Atleast that is the perception

Mostly pursue dates with foreigners or internationalized japanese girls with english skills

Had only fails with that approach. If you want friends ok but for a hookup it never worked. Might work if you're very good looking even for western standards. Japanese girls who have been "internationalized" are very picky in my experience and are as difficult as western girls. The best is to find a japanese girl who can speak a bit english so that a conversation is possible but hasn't been spoiled by going abroad too much. If they studied abroad it's usually bad too.

1) Send her a kind of introductory message.

Hi X. I'm Y living in Tokyo, from Z (whatever country/state)

Then see if she replies. This is the first level filter, because a lot of Tinder girls seem to mindlessly press the "like" button as if a video game, then never respond.

2) If she responds, ask for her and/or send your LINE or e-mail

The reason for this 2nd filter, is a lot of Tinder girls are playing and attention-whoring on the app. They are playing with you and many other guys.

If she's more serious about you, then she will communicate with you OUTSIDE of the Tinder application. Women who only want to play IN the Tinder application tend to be silly and wasting the time of guys.

3) From LINE or e-mail, ask her out. Preferably that week or within 7 days.

Tinder girls tend to have short attention spans (all of my friends that use Tinder pretty much agree on this) and are jumping between a lot of guys. You need to meet in person as soon as possible, otherwise you tend to lose the girl, as some other guy catches her eye.

Bravo! expert way, to get her line is already half win i would say.