Guest viewing is limited

Tips about Fukuoka?

fzym

TAG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post, I thought I would make it shorter. /

Usually staying in Tokyo, I'll spend a few days in Fukuoka for the first time this weekend.

I have a lunch and afternoon date with a girl I had met once a couple of years ago after a flight, with whom we've stayed in touch here and there, and I'll be free the other days.

The girl sounds very happy to see me, offered herself to guide me in Fukuoka with a lot of enthusiasm, and at some point asked if I was coming alone, so it seems like a good start.
She recently said she had a plan in the evening, and suggested to meet from 1PM with a nice lunch instead of from 3PM as I suggested (I thought it would be afternoon-dinner), and I think from there we'll have a walk in the city.

So first, about this girl it will be a one-day trial, and assuming it goes well I'm less comfortable with taking a girl to a hotel room in the afternoon than at home at night, so if you have tips of does and don'ts I'll be glad to hear them.

Besides being a real cutie, from talking with her I also came to think that she really sounds like a kind person, which also means, with my still-western mind, that I feel less comfortable to propose her a hotel or my room in full daytime after a starbucks.
I'm comfortable with kissing, but this off/on switch to a sex space without a kiss is still not natural to me.
Should you propose to go there, should you just walk her to the love hotel and say どうぞ showing her the entrance, or should you just say hey, my air bnb is next street, let's go chill with music and drink (this one is easy, so I'll probably go for something like this if we're around, the love hotel part if we're far gives me more hard time)…

What is both efficient and within the realm of a gentlemen's manner, and that won't make her feel like I'm seeing her as a slut, is still quite mystery to me.
So if you have thoughts about this, I will gladly hear them.

And other than that, that was the original question of my post, I'll be in Hakata, do you have some recommended bars or izakayas with a cool and chill friendly atmosphere (my comfort zone) that could make it natural to engage a conversation with a girl and if it goes well take her at home?

Any particular things about Fukuoka girls that would differ from Tokyo girls about that matter?

Thanks very much in advance!

I feel less comfortable to propose her a hotel or my room in full daytime after a starbucks.

Well in my honest opinion you should feel very uncomfortable proposing a girl Starbucks when there are real coffee shops in Fukuoka.

Should you propose to go there, should you just walk her to the love hotel and say どうぞ showing her the entrance

That would be well met with a またよろしく from the girl when she makes her exit to home alone. If you want to take a girl to a love hotel for the first time you just walk her there without making any weird gestures.

or should you just say hey, my air bnb is next street, let's go chill with music and drink

Then again this should work much better, you should tell her you want to show her your stamp collection in your hotel room.

For full effect actually have a stamp collection with you just to see her face when she thinks she actually met a nerd and won't be getting the D today.

Any particular things about Fukuoka girls that would differ from Tokyo girls about that matter?

The mystery to me still is why in Fukuoka massages are expensive and soaplands are cheap.

Reactions: ur19877
Oh yes, whip out that stamp collection. Nothing says virgin like a nice book of stamps!

Oh yes, whip out that stamp collection. Nothing says virgin like a nice book of stamps!
You guys laugh all you want but if I had kept mine I would certainly be much richer now. It’s a great store of value. I had a great serie of old colonial French and British stamps who would make any liberal scream at their imagery…

Ok, thank you.

Well in my honest opinion you should feel very uncomfortable proposing a girl Starbucks when there are real coffee shops in Fukuoka.

Lol yeah.

That would be well met with a またよろしく from the girl when she makes her exit to home alone.

Not sure what you mean here.
Unless I'm wrong またよろしく is see you again a next time, but there will probably be no next time.
So you mean if she says this to leave for home I take her to the hotel, like saying また歩こう and just taking her to the hotel instead of to her home?
I must be missing something here.

Bonus question, a couple of times I've got a 私は帰ります (before I did any move), I guess this is the wording where she actually wanna go home and you don't try something, right?

If you want to take a girl to a love hotel for the first time you just walk her there without making any weird gestures.

Sorry for the silly question, but, you take her there, and at the door you just keep going on your casual conversation and enter the hotel as if it was a pastry shop, and she just follows you?
(Or have her entering first in a ladies first move, but I figured maybe entering first would leave her less room to answer something that would lead to not entering, I don't know.)
Or you say like 入りましょう?
Every girl I went with it was at my place, and this part is mystery to me.

The mystery to me still is why in Fukuoka massages are expensive and soaplands are cheap.

Hmmm, interesting…

Then again this should work much better, you should tell her you want to show her your stamp collection in your hotel room.

For full effect actually have a stamp collection with you just to see her face when she thinks she actually met a nerd and won't be getting the D today.

Forgot to answer this one, yes clearly home is more natural to me and easy to propose. I'll think of the stamp collection ;)

You've been a member of TAG for a year and a half and you started a thread asking for DATING advice?? You do realize that's like me asking my gay cousins for advice on eating pussy??

But I do have some advice. You met this girl multiple years ago, communicate regularly and yet she's still single and looking to do lunch? She's either a lesbian, damaged, fucking crazy or ugly as sin (probably a combo of the last two). You can go ahead and do your 16yo virgin theme play-date but I'd just check into the cheapest chain izakaya near the station, get drunk as shit and see where it takes you. If you don't end up hog-tied in some cheap love hotel room with your nutsack super-glued to your asshole and her dirty pad duct-taped over your mouth, whatever happens, you can lurch back to Hakata Station, jump back on the Shinkansen and go back to Tokyo with a six hour ride giving you plenty of time to ponder this important life lesson.

Not sure what you mean here.
Unless I'm wrong またよろしく is see you again a next time, but there will probably be no next time.
So you mean if she says this to leave for home I take her to the hotel, like saying また歩こう and just taking her to the hotel instead of to her home?
I must be missing something here.

Bonus question, a couple of times I've got a 私は帰ります (before I did any move), I guess this is the wording where she actually wanna go home and you don't try something, right?

Sorry for the silly question, but, you take her there, and at the door you just keep going on your casual conversation and enter the hotel as if it was a pastry shop, and she just follows you?
(Or have her entering first in a ladies first move, but I figured maybe entering first would leave her less room to answer something that would lead to not entering, I don't know.)
Or you say like 入りましょう?
Every girl I went with it was at my place, and this part is mystery to me.

So, my dude, from your questions and answers I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you...uhh...sounds a bit inexperienced in the art of conversing with Japanese girls in particular. That already puts you at a disadvantage trying to score a first-date trip-to-love-hotel with someone you randomly met years ago. Even a JK would know you're trying to get laid if you walk her to a love hotel, the point is to look like you know what you're doing (aka confident) and not appear like a creep while doing so. If you have to verbally invite a girl into a love hotel then you've already successfully cock-blocked yourself

As always, for this kind of matter I have 2 rules of thumb I give out free of charge:

1) Be attractive
2) Don't be unattractive

Yeah, if you lack experience with love hotels, definitely ask her to come to your hotel/airbnb so you can "chat some more and be more comfortable". If she comes with you, you should definitely make a move.
Don't overthink it. It's best to believe the girl likes you / wants to fuck you, and that's why she's talking to you in the first place. Any other thoughts and self doubts would just get you hesitating and she'll probably decide you "just want to be friends".

OK fellas, let Uncle Rusty take care of this one.

@fzym here's what you do.

If you can afford it, find an Oyster Bar close to you accom. Head there for lunch, and buy a bottle of champagne! (just one bottle and drink it slowly). If she's drinking at lunch, odds on the afternoon is going to be good and you want to be in peak shape
have a good chat, a few drinks and make her laugh.
After a long liquid lunch, stumble out of the Oyster bar and pretend to be a little drunk and tired.
Tell her you think you need to rest up until dinner and head back to your accom.

You've gotta sell it, so either have some wine (or grab a couple of latte at a coffee shop) or chocolates (don't be a cheap c#$t) , or hope your room has a great view.
Once she is in the room it's up to you grasshopper.

@MikeH , what do you reckon this consultation is worth?

@MikeH , what do you reckon this consultation is worth?

Considering he is saving at least one trip to soapland and probably much more in the long run I'd say your next trip to Yoshiwara or equal in cash or pussy.

I have a lunch and afternoon date with a girl I had met once a couple of years ago after a flight, with whom we've stayed in touch here and there, and I'll be free the other days.So if you have thoughts about this, I will gladly hear them.
And other than that, that was the original question of my post, I'll be in Hakata, do you have some recommended bars or izakayas with a cool and chill friendly atmosphere (my comfort zone) that could make it natural to engage a conversation with a girl and if it goes well take her at home?

assume she wants to have sex with you, your job is to provide the context to do so. Invite her to some drinks and eats near your hotel/accom, get yourselves tipsy but not drunk. guide her to your place for the nijikai and don't make a big deal about it... and remember, don't be yourself, be the guy she's interested in.

Reactions: SugoiBoy