Guest viewing is limited

Tokyo nice views places to take a walk recommendations

hombre777

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im looking for beautyful views places to walk in Tokyo. Recently I like photography and walk for
unknow places, specially along rivers. Not far or hard to find places. Thanks.

Perhaps Shinonomemizube Park, the bridge to Tatsumi subway station, and the green areas around there. You'll be close to the Tokyo Bay area. The rather unique architecture and layout of the UR Shinonome housing complex and its surrounding area was quite nice. Unfortunately the park would not really win the grand prize for its breathtaking aesthetics. The area was mainly designed to be functional.

If you prefer the scenic route, you'll probably appreciate Hamarikyu Gardens near Shimbashi, which puts you near the Sumida River. Perhaps also Kiyosumi Park and its associated garden. However, I would not really consider them unknown.

If it is okay to go a bit outside of Tokyo, check out the area around Yokohama Port. The Yokosuka Line can take you there and back. It may already be too far for you though. If you do go, consider the area around Red Brick Warehouse, Marine & Walk, etc. Nice views, a lot of things to do, but unfortunately not exactly unknown either. :<

But I hope it helps.

While in Tokyo I went to Tsukiji fish market at 7 or 8 am as I was jet lagged then went to Hamarikyu garden (it opens at 9 am I think as I had to wait a little bit) then took the sumida cruise to Asakusa where
I visited the VERY touristy temple. Then went on by foot to Kappabashi Dori which is not very far to buy some kitchen knives and be amazed by the plastic fake food plates that are also sold in the this street.
As it was cherry blossom I went on to Ueno park and it was gorgeous ...
I also once took the last tram that is still running in Tokyo. I Don't remember exactly where it is but with google you should be able to find it.
Shinjuku garden was to my point of view the best place to enjoy the cherry blossom. I also went to see the lights in the cherry trees along a small lake at night near the metro station Hanzomon. They do it at the beginning
of April for 2 weeks and it is gorgeous. A must do if you happen to be in Tokyo at that time.
I have heard that Yokohama was nice, especially its chinatown.

You can also take the very scenic shiodome monorail that goes from Shimbashi to Odaiba. Try to be at the front of the train to enjoy the best view (especially when arriving at the bay bridge).

Recently I like photography and walk for unknow places, specially along rivers. Not far or hard to find places.

the Tamagawa is around 50km long 1-way (from Haneda to Fussa). You could start at Futako-Tamagawa (Den-entoshi/Hanzomon line) station and walk down to Haneda. It's lined with soccer/baseball fields, many people jog or cycle thru it.

You can detour at Kawasaki area. The Tamagawa station (various lines, like Fukutoshin) is near the river path too. Both Tokyo-side and Kanagawa-side is walkable.

I have heard that you can get to Mt Takao within 1h of train (or metro ?) from Tokyo and it's a very nice and scenic place for an easy hike.

Reactions: a cat
cant sleep, so

I have heard that you can get to Mt Takao within 1h of train (or metro ?) from Tokyo and it's a very nice and scenic place for an easy hike.

Yup, super easy. (y)

- Get to Shinjuku Station
- Change to Keio Line to Takaosanguchi
- Ride to the end of the line
- Get off

You arrive pretty much right at the bottom of the mountain and can just follow the signs. Train travel takes a little over an hour and is dirt cheap. Perfect for a frugal day trip.

Google Maps will give you detailed train directions if you punch in "Takaosanguchi" as the destination.