1. Welcome to the Tokyo Adult Guide!

Please feel free to browse around to see what we have to offer. For some areas of TAG, you will need to be a member which is free and only requires a valid email address. Or, you may login through your Google or Twitter accounts.

To get started, click here: Join TAG Now!
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Swan [YouTube]

Discussion in 'General Topics - Life in Japan' started by TokyoSpirit, Jan 31, 2010.

1. TokyoSpirit

TokyoSpirit TAG Member

It's with great regret that I post this. Apparently, Rodger Swan or as some may know him as "Iwate Swan", passed away a few days ago due to Acute Pancreatitis.

There are a number of Japan YouTube personalities, Rodger was one of them I watched regularly.

His last video was posted just a few days before he died and you can see his channel at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/rodgerswan

I don't have any other information other than what is already publicly available.

My regards go out to his family and friends, both here in Japan and back in America.

Godspeed Rodger.

2. TAG Manager

TAG Management

Oh wow!

I have seen his videos too. He was something like 23? and about to get engaged?

That is a sad turn of events... :( Best wishes to his family and would-bride-to-be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Karen

KarenKaren is a Verified Member Mistress of the Night

:( This is not a good way to start the week!

At first, I did not realize who you were talking about until I clicked the link. That's completely shocking! I remember watching his videos when he first started.

Tokyocooney is one that I watch fairly regularly, albeit, his updates have been slow lately. http://www.youtube.com/tokyocooney - He's actually got a video up for Rodger's death.

There are a number of people posting videos about Rodger, there's also a forum somewhere about long distance relationships, where he was known as 'Luckiestswan'.

Wow, Just so sad.... I can't begin to imagine how Rebecca (his gf) feels. :( :( Well, no to mention his family of course!

Just wow.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kias

Kias TAG Member

Too young... R.I.P. Rodger.

5. Xeryu

Xeryu TAG Member

i did not know him, but i watched his last post on youtyube and i agree with kias, too young... my regards to the family and close friends.

6. Mark.B

Mark.B New Member

Over the weekend, I saw posts flying around about this. Since I live in the states, I'm subscribed to a number of YouTube and blog accounts from people living in Japan. His last video, I saw when he released it. Then, I come back to find that he's dead?! Quite a shock!

I never had exchanged emails or had direct contact with Rodger but I still feel like I lost a really close friend! :(

RIP Rodger, you will be missed for sure.

7. Karen

I don't mean to keep re-hashing what's already been said, but here's a few threads from the LDR forum where he used to post a lot:

http://members.lovingyou.com/showthread.php?threadid=248131

One of his last posts:

http://members.lovingyou.com/showthread.php?threadid=247896

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    And one more.... (same thread)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    Just... no words to express. So sad.... :(
    [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    [/FONT]

8. Mark.B

Mark.B New Member

Thanks for sharing those links Cake. He sounded very upbeat and felt like he had a lot of positive things to look forward to.

There are so many links flying around on Google now about Rodger, incredible.

9. Karen

No problem. :) I spent some reading through other peoples' posts around the internet, hard to believe he that much impact in so many places. I guess that's what makes you famous; when you die.

10. Karen

11. Mark.B

Mark.B New Member

Thanks for sharing that blog, really a good read.