Walk in

Appointment Length & Costs:
3000 yen/show/110mins approx

Type/Location:
Theatre

Language Notes:
Broken Japanese learnt from animu

Details of the Encounter:
This is my first contribution after lurking in this forum for like 3+ years, I stumbled upon this site before my first trip to Japan in 2015. This is my second trip, unfortunately.

Anyway.

I reached the area around 11 am. At first I wanted to go to Tempozan wheel but seeing so many teenagers at Chuo Line platform I got reminded of my yesterday walkthrough in Arashiyama I decided not to and go the adult route. I mean, the must go places are good but they are just too saturated with tourists, making me feel it doesn't worth it. I'm paying for my own trip so I am in no obligation to follow them normies. I arrived at the place at 11 am. I find it interesting that below the theatre is a supermarket where locals buy their groceries.

11 am is way too early so I decided to kill some time at the nearby shopping district. Pachinko looks fun but unfortunately the ball machine uses some prepaid system so it was a no go. I went back around 11.45 am, take a deep breath and soldiered up. Surprise there are a bunch of ossans already waiting at the stairs, I was number 10 in line. Pretty good.

At 12 the shutter opened and the gentlemen walked in orderly manner to the lady at counter. Vending machine on the right, put in 3000 yen, press any button for a white card and pass it to the lady. The show starts at 1 pm but going by the previous reports I read here, I went briskly for the seat next to the circular stage, right side. Success. Left my bag there and went down for a drink and onigiri.

I went back up and I was scolded by the lady for not informing her before going out. Apparently she would give you a band to wear to mark your ticket. I apologized and she forgave me since I definitely not lying with my ticket as it was the first show. So this is a heads up to everyone as there is no mention of this in previous reports.

Show begins at 1 pm. Now, I only went to musical once when I was a student but the energy is comparable to one. I went in with perverted intention and I was blown away ten minutes in. I enjoyed the show purely on the energy of the dancers and the cheers of the audience. It was like an idol show, albeit an explicit one.

You can check this tweet for the lineup

My favourites were
(I'm putting spoiler here because I want to encourage people to watch it themselves and it was better coming in blind)

+ Urea Sakuraba who began her dance as an old lady who suddenly became young. I really like it as the dance number is a throwback to the early 90s jpop with the costume and songs. You know, the time everyone sports combed back shoulder length hair with thin bangs at the front, shoulder paded dress optional.

+ Shiratori Suzu with her Akiba pop idol theme. The anime song was really familiar but I can't quite recall the name. It was nostalgic.

You might have noticed this but I'm a filthy weaboo so each and every subsequent performances pushed my otaku buttons with the costumes and song. Sakagami Yuka's performance was a bit strange as she combined Kimono with western songs, notably Skyfall theme. Still, very enjoyable.

I didn't check the schedule but I almost accidentally exited the venue after the first three show. I thought it was strange so I went back in and barely managed to get shots with the dancers at 500yen a pop. Protip, ask the guy taking the money to take the picture as your amateur hand may ruin the shot. I did and terribly regretted it. Good thing I asked for two shots with Suzu. I think I like her too much.

All the dancer finished their respective routine and ended with everyone dancing together one last time fully clothed. By the end, while I got my fill of womanly parts, to be honest it doesn't matter as I was filled with awe. I saw some of the audiences giving gifts and even flower and felt bad about it as I honestly want to show my support to them like proper idols. Suzu-channnnnnn~~~

I waited a while at the lobby with eurobeat playing in the background as a staff arranged some fresh shots from the show I just watched. Bought some (alot) and burned a 10k note in the process. I guess I can't buy Kyoto souvenir now (not I want to as they are mostly foodstuff).

I'd like to come again but the race for good seat is real. It's either the seat near the circle stage or bust. Oh and pick the left side as it has the best view since the stage will turn clockwise and the best bits of the dance is often can be seen from that angle.

Staff is 50-50 I guess, I actually in contact with two of them, the lady at the counter and the bro who in charge of the prints. The lady is a bit sour, understandable since she is dealing with the gentlemen, I can't really give any excuse for wanting to see a strip show other than being a pervert. The guy is pretty cheerful and I told him my positive feedback as he looks happy listening to me. Oh and he ran after me after I left my pocket router. Cool guy.

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, May Repeat.

Closing Comments:
If only I don't live in third world country with currency value that almost to a quarter of the money here.

Ps: I love Japan but I guess I don't want live here as the magic would wear off, so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a photo session for every show? Is it included in the 3000 JPY you pay upfront? Thanks!

There’s typically a photo break after each dancer or each pair of dancers depending on the theater. They cycle all the way through the 5 or 6 dancer rotation every 2.5 hours.

There’s typically a photo break after each dancer or each pair of dancers depending on the theater. They cycle all the way through the 5 or 6 dancer rotation every 2.5 hours.

Thanks fam! My visit was a success!

Reactions: Samshin