Guest viewing is limited

Train Game

Yep sorry about the phone autocorrecting. My fat fingers aren't as good as they used to be.

My main point is/was your question is somewhat loaded as it isn't a simple situation and in my opinion not black and white. Just consider the language that's often used to describe a sexually active woman vs man.

But I appreciate your willingness to respond with thought and candor.

Thanks Roots Raggae for your kind words too.

Reactions: roots reggae
Back on the OP's question: Trains are particularly good environments for pick-up. As @deckard points out, it is harder for the targets to escape, but that is relatively minor compared to the big advantage: Namely, you can pretend to fall asleep and then slump against your target...perhaps even drool on her shoulder a bit if you are a particularly bold and experienced PUA. Then when she pushes/shrugs you away forcefully enough to wake you up (don't make it too easy for her!), it is the perfect opportunity to strike up a conversation as you faux-apologize and explain why you are so exhausted that you cannot stay awake even in the presence of her astonishing beauty etc. Wiping your drool off of her clothes with your hankerchief is a good way to jump to a higher level of kino without wasting time escalating through the lower levels.

But isn't all of this obvious?

-Ww :D

In a more perfect world, of course you are correct.

Your examples and your ability to reconcile them as such, affirm my high opinion of you.

Unfortunately, the the reality is that society is way behind you in its ability to adjust so quickly.

Thank you for your undeserved praise.
I suppose we can conclude that nature works in mysterious ways, and it would be better to refrain from passing judgement too quickly.

Back on the OP's question: Trains are particularly good environments for pick-up. As @deckard points out, it is harder for the targets to escape, but that is relatively minor compared to the big advantage: Namely, you can pretend to fall asleep and then slump against your target...perhaps even drool on her shoulder a bit if you are a particularly bold and experienced PUA. Then when she pushes/shrugs you away, it is theperfect opportunity to strike up a conversation as you faux-apologize and explain why you are so exhausted. Wiping your drool off of her clothes with your hankerchief is a good way to jump to a higher level of kino without wasting time escalating through the lower levels.

Only a sleepy, bumbling idiot would rather contrast with the image of a spontaneous, fresh man that most PUAs try to promote.

It's not about sleazy tricks, Gandalf. On this particular question, you did not pass. :hilarious:

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Back on the OP's question: Trains are particularly good environments for pick-up. As @deckard points out, it is harder for the targets to escape, but that is relatively minor compared to the big advantage: Namely, you can pretend to fall asleep and then slump against your target...perhaps even drool on her shoulder a bit if you are a particularly bold and experienced PUA. Then when she pushes/shrugs you away forcefully enough to wake you up (don't make it too easy for her!), it is the perfect opportunity to strike up a conversation as you faux-apologize and explain why you are so exhausted that you cannot stay awake even in the presence of her astonishing beauty etc. Wiping your drool off of her clothes with your hankerchief is a good way to jump to a higher level of kino without wasting time escalating through the lower levels.

Irony Alert
Hey, I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to copy and paste a picture on my new iPad.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wwanderer
I skipped over a lot of the responses which are more of the same from the usual negative nancys, so I'll just skip right to train game

There's no reason to be intimidated or feel weird or awkward about it, it's really quite normal. Doesn't matter if she's looking at her phone or listening to music, many are happy to look up or take their headphones out, and if they're not they will indicate so. Simply catch her attention and make some comment to her. Other people may look but they'll do nothing. In the train as on the street DON'T touch her. I like to keep both hands visible such as hanging from the rails/handles so she knows I'm not gonna grope her and am just chatting. Quickly establish how long she's riding until, and either get the number quickly or get off at her station, get the number, and get back on.

I skipped over a lot of the responses which are more of the same from the usual negative nancys, so I'll just skip right to train game

There's no reason to be intimidated or feel weird or awkward about it, it's really quite normal. Doesn't matter if she's looking at her phone or listening to music, many are happy to look up or take their headphones out, and if they're not they will indicate so. Simply catch her attention and make some comment to her. Other people may look but they'll do nothing. In the train as on the street DON'T touch her. I like to keep both hands visible such as hanging from the rails/handles so she knows I'm not gonna grope her and am just chatting. Quickly establish how long she's riding until, and either get the number quickly or get off at her station, get the number, get back on.

Looks like the first regiment of the mighty PUA cavalry finally heard the bugle call of Corporal Deckard. When can we expect the remaining two regiments?

There's no reason to be intimidated or feel weird or awkward about it, it's really quite normal. Doesn't matter if she's looking at her phone or listening to music, many are happy to look up or take their headphones out, and if they're not they will indicate so. Simply catch her attention and make some comment to her. Other people may look but they'll do nothing. In the train as on the street DON'T touch her. I like to keep both hands visible such as hanging from the rails/handles so she knows I'm not gonna grope her and am just chatting. Quickly establish how long she's riding until, and either get the number quickly or get off at her station, get the number, and get back on.
Thanks for the solid advice as usual, buddy.

Maybe I'll see you over at PB.

It's about time I made a gracious exit from these forums.
They're filled with the wrong kind of music for me.

Reactions: Sinapse
Compared to the street or a bar, the train is a very closed space. Girls don't have the freedom to leave or move away organically. On the street they can just keep walking. In a bar they can excuse themselves. But on the train, they have to stay on until they get to their destination (unless you make her so uncomfortable she gets off at the next stop, god forbid). This may be seen as a pro or a con, but I don't like keeping people if they don't want to be around (past the bitchy stage, when they genuinely don't want to talk).
Not actually true. It's easy to walk to another weagon.

Have I got a story for you:

So one night, I'm out with some buddies exploring in Shinjuku.
We had just got into town a few hours before from Kyoto and it had been a long day so we were all a bit tired, myself particularly.
It was getting late and wanted some drinks after dinner. We finally found a bar but I was only planning on one drink and the cover charge was ridiculous, so I opted to go back to our accomodation early.
I head up to the Yamanote platform and while I was waiting I noticed a girl waiting in front of me. She was wearing business attire, long hair, slim build, nice legs and ass.
The train arrived, we got on and we ended up next to each other.
She was wearing a mask, so I couldn't make out the entirety of her face but I could see she had really amazing eyes.
We were both doing things on our phones and I glanced over briefly and noticed she was messaging a girlfriend in English.
I was determined to talk to people on this trip in Japanese after practicing basic phrases and thought to myself, what the hell, I may as well give it a try. So I said to her "eigo ga hanasemasuka?"
She looks at me with these big eyes and says "Yes!"
We started talking for a bit and it turned out she had just gotten back from an overseas English course.
She had a cute personality and was fun to talk to so I ask her if she wants to meet for a drink later in the week.
The train begins slowing down and she nervously says: "Oh. Yes.. But this is my stop now."
I tell her: "oh that's okay, it was nice meeting you! Have a good night!"
Then she smiles and says: "Oh it's okay, I'll just go back at the next station."
We exchange face books and went out 2 nights later.

There is more but I'll continue later.

I'm honoured to be mentioned in the same post as the mighty S's

Everytime I've done train game the conversation was flowing and the girl enjoyed herself. On Friday I line closed at the girl's station and she kissed me!
However! this is last train game, when everyone is open.

Day game will be harder because I feel more awkward, but i fail to see anything evil in talking to a woman whatever mode of transport she be on.

Reactions: deckard
Have I got a story for you:

So one night, I'm out with some buddies exploring in Shinjuku.
We had just got into town a few hours before from Kyoto and it had been a long day so we were all a bit tired, myself particularly.
It was getting late and wanted some drinks after dinner. We finally found a bar but I was only planning on one drink and the cover charge was ridiculous, so I opted to go back to our accomodation early.
I head up to the Yamanote platform and while I was waiting I noticed a girl waiting in front of me. She was wearing business attire, long hair, slim build, nice legs and ass.
The train arrived, we got on and we ended up next to each other.
She was wearing a mask, so I couldn't make out the entirety of her face but I could see she had really amazing eyes.
We were both doing things on our phones and I glanced over briefly and noticed she was messaging a girlfriend in English.
I was determined to talk to people on this trip in Japanese after practicing basic phrases and thought to myself, what the hell, I may as well give it a try. So I said to her "eigo ga hanasemasuka?"
She looks at me with these big eyes and says "Yes!"
We started talking for a bit and it turned out she had just gotten back from an overseas English course.
She had a cute personality and was fun to talk to so I ask her if she wants to meet for a drink later in the week.
The train begins slowing down and she nervously says: "Oh. Yes.. But this is my stop now."
I tell her: "oh that's okay, it was nice meeting you! Have a good night!"
Then she smiles and says: "Oh it's okay, I'll just go back at the next station."
We exchange face books and went out 2 nights later.

There is more but I'll continue later.

Such stories of train game warm my heart because, while it seems simple and normal, most guys have a hard time imagining you could even do such a thing, much less take a girl home that very same day to your place or a hotel. But, it is very real and actually quite common among those who know how. I could post a dozen such stories, and many girls I've met on the train have become serious, long term girlfriends.

Imagine the chances I'd have squandered if I didn't talk to that cute girl standing next to me on the train!!

The train game really makes sense here where so many people commute by train.

Overcoming the fear of rejection is a big thing for many guys.

Reactions: static and Sinapse
Eh, I think everyone else said it pretty well. And apparently I'm late to the party lol.

There was a japanese woman's magazine that came out sometime in the last couple years (forget when) that was talking about all the places women dislike being approached. On that list was Disneyland/Sea and trains (I think). Mentioned that to Sinapse while I was at Disneyland one day with some friends and had just gotten numbers from a few girls there, and hung out with them some weeks later. His response was perfect.... If there are girls, there is a way to approach them.

Trains have this "social taboo" about them where you're not supposed to talk to strangers, so you be conscious of that in the way you communicate to the girl so as not to draw attention to the fact you're trying to pick up on her, and she'll probably be reasonable to talk to. It's a lot easier if you start on the platform before you get on the train, so that way you board the train together talking to each other. The goal of almost any approach is making her comfortable with you, and she's not going to feel comfortable if she thinks that everyone on the train around her is judging her.

Reactions: Jbagz and SugoiBoy
A special form of the train game would be the Shinkansen game!

To me, riding the Shinkansen is more like flying on an airplane than being on a regular train. In the past, I did have some success with meeting women on planes.

Not too long ago I exchanged LINE details with a lady sitting next to me on a Shinkansen, but nothing more came of it. Of course, some Japanese women seem to give out their LINE IDs just to be polite. Our mutually weak language skills certainly didn't help matters.

Last edited:
Eh, I think everyone else said it pretty well. And apparently I'm late to the party lol.

There was a japanese woman's magazine that came out sometime in the last couple years (forget when) that was talking about all the places women dislike being approached. On that list was Disneyland/Sea and trains (I think). Mentioned that to Sinapse while I was at Disneyland one day with some friends and had just gotten numbers from a few girls there, and hung out with them some weeks later. His response was perfect.... If there are girls, there is a way to approach them.

Trains have this "social taboo" about them where you're not supposed to talk to strangers, so you be conscious of that in the way you communicate to the girl so as not to draw attention to the fact you're trying to pick up on her, and she'll probably be reasonable to talk to. It's a lot easier if you start on the platform before you get on the train, so that way you board the train together talking to each other. The goal of almost any approach is making her comfortable with you, and she's not going to feel comfortable if she thinks that everyone on the train around her is judging her.

We touched on the social taboo aspects in an earlier thread on street pick ups. I think we are in agreement that it can be a difficult scenario, I tend to stick with what I am best equipped to be successful with, you advocate pushing the envelope.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you pull it off without being a jerk, in my opinion.

The only "technique" or gimmick that I ever used in a street/train scenario was unintentional. Although I later adapted it to a dart pub environment where I could follow up without being time compressed like on a train.

Look at an advertising sign on the train and slowly begin to sound out the hiragana/katakana. Do not look around to see if anyone is paying attention to you. Just be engrossed by forming the Nihongo sound, do it slowly, but clearly, then repeat it quickly in a triumphant tone.

Mark my word, you'll get smiles and giggles from damn near every type of Japanese person within earshot.

You are then left with establishing eye contact with the cute woman, and following up. I never was able to figure out how to do that quickly enough to be a useful tactic. So I adapted it to pubs, coffee shops and 7/11s.

Frankly, I think you have to be above average on the male attractiveness scale to pick up on trains.

I'm going to guess that you'll say to never put yourself in a box.

My retort to that would be to exploit the environment that you work best in.

Then you would say.....?

Last edited:
I'm actually quite impressed with anyone's "train game" if it's subway or city rail (ie. not Shinkansen). I find "on the train" the least hospitable part of Tokyo.

Having recently just experienced true rush hour transit mayhem.. The truth and rumours about Japanese politeness seem to go right out the window with respect to being on trains. It's a friggin war zone. No politeness, just cold elbows in my back and stepping on my nice shoes! Women were pushing me hard! Men were pushing the women! No one let the old man sit! It was anarchy! Chaos! Real "Lord of the Flies" going on there..

We touched on the social taboo aspects in an earlier thread on street pick ups. I think we are in agreement that it can be a difficult scenario, I tend to stick with what I am best equipped to be successful with, you advocate pushing the envelope.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you pull it off without being a jerk, in my opinion.

It's not really "pushing the envelope" so much as a difference in mentality. First, even on my daily morning commute, at the exact same time every morning, I only ever see a couple of the same people. Meaning even if I embarrass myself or the girl, we'll likely never see each other again. I couldn't care less about what people think about me, especially when I'm never going to see them again.

Secondly though (and this more to the point), one school of thought is "It's not socially appropriate, therefore I won't do it" vs "It's not socially appropriate, so let me find a way to do it appropriately." Think about it, what situations are appropriate for you to talk to someone else on the train? Asking for directions? Telling them they dropped something? Telling them that they're hair is on fire? Then what situations do you not even think about "am I inconveniencing this person?" Maybe when you're trying to read a message from something important and you can't read a Kanji, so you ask someone for help? Recently I started doing a lot of shopping for car parts on Yahoo auction, and those bastards seem like they work hard to make sure I can't understand some of the words they use, so I ask someone around me:

"Excuse me, can you tell me how to read this Kanji? *points to 落札者*"
"Oh sure, it's らくさつしゃ."
"Man, I've been living here for 7 years and Kanji still trips me up!"
*hook* *continue conversation* *change topic*

Stupid conversations like that wouldn't set off alarms to people around us, which avoids the social taboo-ism she might be uncomfortable with. People are more likely to do things against social norms when they think that no one is looking. So don't give people a reason to look.

I'm actually quite impressed with anyone's "train game" if it's subway or city rail (ie. not Shinkansen). I find "on the train" the least hospitable part of Tokyo.

Having recently just experienced true rush hour transit mayhem.. The truth and rumours about Japanese politeness seem to go right out the window with respect to being on trains. It's a friggin war zone. No politeness, just cold elbows in my back and stepping on my nice shoes! Women were pushing me hard! Men were pushing the women! No one let the old man sit! It was anarchy! Chaos! Real "Lord of the Flies" going on there..

"Woman, if you're gonna rub your body against me, at least have the courtesy to buy me dinner first. How about tonight at 7?" =P

Reactions: Jbagz and just4fun
From my experience, good opportunities in trains (and any other transportation system) are, in most cases, made possible by two factors :

1. Repetition ( seeing the same person everyday which provide some level of trustworthiness )

When you commute every morning, search a target by changing the train/wagon every day. When you've found your target, take the same train/placement every day and wait for the right opportunity. I recommend standing over sitting because it's your chance to interact with her. If she is next to you and the person seated in front of you leaves the seat, then you get the opportunity to give her the seat with a smile and some nice comment. If she is already seated, stand in front of her and mind your own business everydays during several days but always show some sort of courtesy whenever you can. You say nothing, you're just being there long enough playing nice whenever possible. If she is single it will be enough to make her curious about you. The trick is to avoid acting too early or too late.

2. Duration ( sitting next to someone for hours which produces the same effect )

This is my favourite. Night trains or planes.
This time too, you avoid saying anything, you're just being nice like standing up promptly when she needs to go the the toilet, passing her her drink if she is too far from the merchant, etc. Then time will work for you.
Chances are that she will be the first to initiate the conversation because you're a foreigner and you're a potential source of useful information for the Japanese girls who enjoy traveling.
I once had a Taiwainese girl give me her phone number in a plane without me needing to request it.
I also had a Japanese girl I met on a night train from Hokkaido search for me on Mixi because I didn't give her any mean of contact.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the subject.

I understand your sentiment.

However, I must point out a flaw in your comparison. The word you mention is used exclusively among the formerly oppressed as a symbol of solidarity, and is never directed at the former oppressors.
Women picking up men would be comparable to AAs calling whites "cracka".

You have to ask yourself, is that okay on account of a former oppression?

My country in SEA was colonised by Japan, its people brutally tortured and murdered en masse.
We were taught of their atrocities in school for many years.
How they would pump water into the stomachs of people until they were bloated, and then jump on them causing water to rush out of their orifices, for pleasure.
How they would electric shock a naked woman until she was convulsing, in front of her watching husband and children.
How they systematically targeted certain races and drove them to the beach in truckloads to slaughter, shooting them in the back of the head one by one as they sat in a line, and then letting their bodies wash out with the tide.
We were also taught forgiveness, and progress.

I don't hold any grievances towards the Japanese at all. What is past is past, we move on from it together.

We shouldn't allow for special exclusions on account of former oppression, in my opinion.
But we can agree to disagree.

So...you're trying to pick up girls to abuse and torture them? Some kind of subconscious thing going on? Leave people alone on the train.

Since someone else floated this thread into activity...

How about the fact that most others on the train will think you are horribly rude? Would you approach and try to pick up an attractive woman in a darkened movie theater?

1) You're comparing apples and oranges here. A darkened movie theater is a place you go to be quiet and enjoy a movie. A train is a means of transportation where at least in most countries people have conversations all the time.

2) Since when did having a conversation with a stranger become horribly rude? I have met many people on trains. Here and in the US, and had wonderful conversations. I've had 70 year old lonely Japanese start random conversations with me in English on my way to Tokyo. Is it rude of her to start talking to me in English? No. That is ridiculous.

If the pua is being a sleaze about it then yes it's unacceptable, but starting a conversation with a beautiful woman in hopes that you find a connection is never rude. Being a persistent idiot when she's obviously not interested would be.