Guest viewing is limited

Translation help?

fareastmovement

TAG Member
Reaction score
This might be an odd favor to ask but I have a short piece of dialogue that needed translating sentence by sentence (google translate was of no help unfortunately). Thanks everyone :)

Male:
今日も4コマで慌ただしい1日でした。4Fでも3Fでも中郡さんの遭遇率は高かったですが、むっちゃんを最後お見かけ出来て良かった!あんなところで手を振ってしまって、年甲斐ないなぁとちょっと恥ずかしかったりして

Female:
今日もお疲れ様でした!ミーティングブースで私に気付いてくださったの、嬉しかったですよ。 明日はひっそりサービスカウンターにいます明日もよろしくお願いします

Male:
今日は1200時に2Fのお客様を迎えに行ったんですが、接客中でお忙しそうでした。 明日は2コマですが、2Fと8Fかな?サービスカウンターは遠い

Female:
1Fの会議室ではないんですね、珍しい

Last edited:
Can you give the context? Is this a shop discussion or a business discussion?

It's a fairly bland discussion... It sounds like the female works at the front desk of some business?

Reactions: fareastmovement
Can you give the context? Is this a shop discussion or a business discussion?

It's a fairly bland discussion... It sounds like the female works at the front desk of some business?

I think the context is an ojichan flirting with a young female staff who works at the front desk of their company.

I think the context is an ojichan flirting with a young female staff who works at the front desk of their company.
That's what it looks like. It's very bland, the tomorrow comment by the female in the 2nd line, "明日もよろしくお願いします" - could point to a secret encounter between the two since she said that she'll be at the service counter "quietly" or "secretly". Or, it could be just work related... there's nothing really obvious in this except where he says "むっちゃんを最後お見かけ出来て良かった!あんなところで手を振ってしまって、年甲斐ないなぁとちょっと恥ずかしかったりして" He was happy to be able to see her (uses her name or nickname it seems) and waved to her.

That's what it looks like. It's very bland, the tomorrow comment by the female in the 2nd line, "明日もよろしくお願いします" - could point to a secret encounter between the two since she said that she'll be at the service counter "quietly" or "secretly". Or, it could be just work related... there's nothing really obvious in this except where he says "むっちゃんを最後お見かけ出来て良かった!あんなところで手を振ってしまって、年甲斐ないなぁとちょっと恥ずかしかったりして" He was happy to be able to see her (uses her name or nickname it seems) and waved to her.

Yeah the secret encounter part is what i’m trying to figure out. But isn’t service counter the equivalent of front desk? And is there any other information that hints at the time for this possible secret encounter? Because if there isn’t a suggested time then I don’t think a secret encounter is the topic here; she might just be saying that she will be sitting quietly at the front desk. What do you think?

Male: It's been a busy day as I've got 4 sessions today. I saw Nakagori-san quite frequently on the 3rd and 4th floors, but I'm so glad to find you, Mucchan! I shouldn't have waived at you that much like a kid in public, but I just couldn't help it.

Female: Another busy day done! I felt delighted you noticed me in the meeting booth. I will be sitting quietly at the service desk tomorrow. Hope see you then.

Male: I went to fetch a client of mine on the 2nd floor at midday today actually, but you seemed to busy with your client. I've got 2 sessions for tomorrow, probably on the 2nd floor and the 8th, a long way off from the service desk.

Female: It wouldn't be in the conference room on the first floor. That's unusual.

Male: It's been a busy day as I've got 4 sessions today. I saw Nakagori-san quite frequently on the 3rd and 4th floors, but I'm so glad to find you, Mucchan! I shouldn't have waived at you that much like a kid in public, but I just couldn't help it.

Female: Another busy day done! I felt delighted you noticed me in the meeting booth. I will be sitting quietly at the service desk tomorrow. Hope see you then.

Male: I went to fetch a client of mine on the 2nd floor at midday today actually, but you seemed to busy with your client. I've got 2 sessions for tomorrow, probably on the 2nd floor and the 8th, a long way off from the service desk.

Female: It wouldn't be in the conference room on the first floor. That's unusual.

Wow thank you, that’s very easy to understand!

Reactions: TAG Manager
I thought OP was scared his wife was cheating, overheard a convo and came here for help :D

You could not have guessed that any better :LOL: I honestly cannot tell if she is flirting back with him or just being polite like she told me though :unsure: to be fair, we are in an open relationship, but have promised to be honest to each other about things like this.

Reactions: LeonGRAY
You could not have guessed that any better :LOL: I honestly cannot tell if she is flirting back with him or just being polite like she told me though :unsure: to be fair, we are in an open relationship, but have promised to be honest to each other about things like this.

If small things like this upset you then you might want to reconsider that open relationship.

Yeah I am just trying it out cos I have always wanted to. Will probably give it some more time then decide what to do with it.

Most people think it's hot until they realize their gf got an endless supply of admirers and get jealous. If you're morally corrupt like me a monogamous relationship + cheating is the way to go (just don't be an idiot and get caught :D)

Wow thank you, that’s very easy to understand!

Actually I didn’t understand some of the sentences when I translated them...it’s a bit strange tbh. For example, コマ means "a class session" usually used in college, but I don't think the two were talking about what’s been happening in a college building.

I don’t think the OP should worry. The guy kept using the “teineigo” - he wouldn’t have texted like that if they were in an intimate relationship. Also the girl obviously tried to keep a distance from him while being polite.

For example, コマ means "a class session" usually used in college

It can mean other kinds of fixed time slots too, like reservations for some avenues. But the text sounded like the guy was a language school teacher or something and had sessions with students.

It can mean other kinds of fixed time slots too, like reservations for some avenues. But the text sounded like the guy was a language school teacher or something and had sessions with students.

For a time slot, 枠 is often used as in 予約枠 (reserved slots), and コマ is rarely used outside colleges or schools. Both コマ and 枠 principally mean "a frame".