Traveling to Tokyo in February

Silent Hands

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Thank you for this trove of information. I am heading to Tokyo in February and want to try out a what I think is called a "soapland experience", I am getting a little worried with my lack of language skills I might not be able to find a place.
First of all if possible where should I stay, I will be going with my wife (she ha agreed to one visit for me), I want a soapy shower, with BJ, massage, bed play after, maybe two pops if possible, with a nice Japanese girl, I am from England but live in the US, so a westerner or Gajin.

I was thinking of staying in Shinjuku, near the robot bar and other touristy attractions and of course there is a red light district there. I read the large list of places in:
https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/the-yoshiwara-soapland-resource-thread.10381/#post-53688

But am unsure with locations and if close to Shinjuku and which are OK with Foreigners. I could also stay in Shibuya if closer to the action.

So please if anyone was in a similar situation and found a great please, please let me know.

Also would one of the bars, where you can just touch breasts, be ok with a couple (male/female).

Really appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks

Hi,

If Shinjuku is Paddington, Shibuya would be somewhere around Kensington, and Yoshiawa, where there is a concentration of soaplands (listed in the linked page), would be somewhere off Liverpool Street.

The proper postal address of Yoshiwara is "Senzoku 4 chome" with which you can google to locate where it is on the map. Yoshiwara can be accessed by metro from Shinjuku. You need to change trains once on the way. It would not be too complicated.

Thanks for helping me set it straight in my head rough locations.
Do you or anyone know of western friendly soaplands closer to Shinjuku or Shibuya?

Thanks for helping me set it straight in my head rough locations.
Do you or anyone know of western friendly soaplands closer to Shinjuku or Shibuya?

Not that I could think of...I can tell about Yoshiwara though! Shibuya other than soaplands you can look into Strawberry Jam (fashion health) and this (Deli Health). If you do go out to Shinjuku be careful!

Reactions: Yuma and Ken1988
Shinjuku has a few and the two high end ones are known to accept foreigners but would likely require Japanese skill.
I'd highly advice to just stay in Shibuya or Shinjuku and make that metro trip to Yoshiwara if you are only going to a soapland once anyway. Its not like you are not gonna use metros and trains at all during your whole japan trip, right?

Well, Yoshiwara hosts 100-150 soaplands whereas you can find only a few in Shinjuku or Shibuya.

You may want to consider staying in Asakusa. It's in the middle of tourist attractions. You can easily reach Shibuya, Shinjuku and all other business and tourist districts by Ginza and Marunouchi metro lines. On top of all, it's about 15 minutes' walk away from Yoshiwara.;)

Shinjuku has a few and the two high end ones are known to accept foreigners but would likely require Japanese skill.
I'd highly advice to just stay in Shibuya or Shinjuku and make that metro trip to Yoshiwara if you are only going to a soapland once anyway. Its not like you are not gonna use metros and trains at all during your whole japan trip, right?
Can you list the two high end ones that do accept foreigners please?

Can you list the two high end ones that do accept foreigners please?

Do you have good Japanese skill? I'd say if you aren't able to locate these yourself by simply searching for Shinjuku Soapland in Japanese, you probably aren't going to have enough Japanese to gain entry.

Unfortunately, there's a tendency for foreigners to demand service regardless of what's required, and there's been many, MANY establishments that have chosen to refuse service to ALL foreigners due to the actions of one or two foreigners that don't understand the rules. Please don't be that guy.

No I have no Japanese language skills, I missed that.
Looks like I'll have to round trip it to Yoshiwara, didn't want to leave the wife for another couple of hours, potential to wait up to an hour, then a 90min session, its a long time.
Shame its not as casual as Thailand. Reading the reviews Satin Dolls seems good, I know everyone goes on about the trains, but would a taxi know where to go, would I have to give him the Japanese address or just the name?

Is Don Juan in Shinjuku and any good?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Looks like I'll have to round trip it to Yoshiwara, didn't want to leave the wife for another couple of hours, potential to wait up to an hour, then a 90min session, its a long time.
Shame its not as casual as Thailand. Reading the reviews Satin Dolls seems good, I know everyone goes on about the trains, but would a taxi know where to go, would I have to give him the Japanese address or just the name?

If you arrive at Ueno/Asakusa/Minowa station, state to the taxi driver Yoshiwara and they will take you there without question.

Reactions: Silent Hands

You could totally take a taxi from shinjuku or shibuya if time is an issue. They should understand yoshiwara but if not, the official name of the ward. is already mentioned in this thread. You could also search for the address of satin doll and give it to the driver.
Ueno is a bit remote though so it would be over 20 minutes by taxi.

I've personally been to Don Juan once (hah!) and the girls are hot and know their trade. The staff are not very used to foreigners though, they said they accept them but there was a serious gaijin taxi (about 20.000 extra i think, they waived it for me because we were already with multiple people and spending a lot) and i dont think they speak english but worth to try it with hand language and google translate.

Reactions: Silent Hands
last year i was in Tokyo (1st time) and looking for my 1st time in a soapland i went to Don Juan in shinjuku walked in up the stairs around 9am midweek asked if gaijin ok and got the ok nod. i was then shown to a seating area. i brought out google translate and spoke to the man via that. I was offered 3 girls @ 75k yen for 2 hrs (no short course offered) unfortunately there was a 1 1/2 hr wait till any of the 3 girls were available so since I had a train to catch at 1130 to airport I had to politely decline and left. deffo appear gaijin friendly and I cant speak any Japanese apart from hello,goodbye and thank you,the man spoke no English but we managed to converse through google. lesson learned - don't wait till last minute to go to soapland go at the start of your trip! back in japan soon - I'm heading to darling harbour or blue lagoon - they seem to feature a lot on TAG and abit cheaper too.

Not that I could think of...I can tell about Yoshiwara though! Shibuya other than soaplands you can look into Strawberry Jam (fashion health) and this (Deli Health). If you do go out to Shinjuku be careful!
Can you elaborate on being careful in Shinjuku please :) Thailand was a breeze, the whole language and cultural barrier is beginning to scare me heh, even though Tokyo has been on my bucket list for years.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on being careful in Shinjuku please :) Thailand was a breeze, the whole language and cultural barrier is beginning to scare me heh, even though Tokyo has been on my bucket list for years.

I think what others are talking about is if you ever walk near Kabukicho at night. You should ignore any human being that ask you whether you want a lady/girl/good time...
During my last 2 trips whenever I walk near the area at night it is pretty much a bombardment ... every man in every color in any language will try to ask whether you want girl. Just ignore those people.

If someone asks "Sex?" or "what are you looking for?" Or anything like that...it's a scam. Don't acknowledge don't follow. Same rules apply up in Suskino or anywhere in Japan.

Reactions: MikeH and SugoiBoy