TV Show: Girls as to kiss a hot white dude

First of all, he is not イケメン by my own definition!
This is my イケメン。

I'll agree, but you can tell he's had his face cut up. Like Gackt, the host イケメン types get a lot of procedures done so they don't age like Bando Eiji.

Jesus or at least the general perception of him is a good looking dude/God lol.

Are you sure that's what she meant? If my memory serves me right he was a dark skinned guy who had no real job and no girlfriend and just spend his days hanging out with his posse.

Are you sure that's what she meant? If my memory serves me right he was a dark skinned guy who had no real job and no girlfriend and just spend his days hanging out with his posse.

Most Japanese people perceive Jesus the Eurocentric way as they were taught by European visitors.

Yes, I realize the real description of Jesus is quite different.

I'm sure Yuriko knows about Jesus but just wanted to mention a plausible explanation.

what's this myth about jesus being dark skinned ? he's supposed to be hebrew and hebrews aren't dark skinned.

what's this myth about jesus being dark skinned ? he's supposed to be hebrew and hebrews aren't dark skinned.

That obviously depends how do you define dark skinned. The definition where I came from is anyone who can be noticed against newly driven snow.

Reactions: vargas
Modern day Hebrews are not the same as Aramaic Jews from that era. Many decent descriptions from the time period survive and the average guy looked pretty Arabic.
arabs and hebrews are both semitic so yeah they are supposed to have similar facial attributes.
but arabs are not necessarily dark skinned (except in hollywood who hire indians to play arabs roles)

but of course at that time most people in that region were tanned unlike nowadays with most of the jobs being under roofs.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland