Undercover Sting Operation, Just Saw It On Every News 22apr2016

I wouldn't really have too much faith in the news. Most of those "arrest scenes" are faked.

I'm not saying that busts don't happen, but probably not the way they show in the media.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I actually noticed that the age of consent laws here in Japan are so complicated compared to the rest of the world. I still don't understand why the government keeps the age of consent as low as 13, when all the prefectures (except Tokyo and Nagano) have raised the legal age of consent to 18.

Also, All prefectures except Nagano prescribe age of consent to 18. Nagano does not have the regulations for a prefecture, but cities of the inside have the regulations. In other words there are the regulations of the age of consent to 18 in all prefectures.

To make things even more confusing, it is mentioned that 18 is the age of consent for males and 16 is the age of consent for females...yet it is not alright I have sexual relations with a 16 year old unless her parents know (if you are also a minor)?

To be clear, I am all for making 18 the age of consent straight across the board (all prefectures) not only because I think is the moral thing to do, but also because a lot of young women and men are constantly ending up in these complicated legal situations due to the age of consent laws being so damn unclear. What if a man has sexual relations with a woman that lies about her age? Let's say, she claims she is 18 but she is actually 16? 13? or younger? Does the man face charges or not? At what age does the law really end up on in a legal situation? I realize that some women that are not underage, will pretend to be underage to attract men into underage women, but underage women also lie and say they are of legal age as well.

Also, don't the men running these JK (Joshi-Kosei) cafes face charges for having underage girls possibly sexually available for men?

Found this info as well: 1.Penal Law regarding sexual assault(強姦罪,Gou-kan-zai) is a law defining statutory rape. This law protects every individual who is less then 13 years old. (Penal code No. 177 to 184).2.Juvenile Obscene act (淫行条例, Inkkou-Jyourei) is a law which protects minor from “unethical relationships” and protects individual who is under the age of 18.3.Civil Codes (民法 Min-pou)are laws which regulates civil agreements among the citizens, but also Defines everyone under the age of 20 as Juvenile. It protects the rights of the parents and its families. So is the age of consent in Japan actually 20?

Please don't mark this post as spam. I believe I have asked reasonable questions and provided useful information alongside it.

Last edited:
I actually noticed that the age of consent laws here in Japan are so complicated compared to the rest of the world. I still don't understand why the government keeps the age of consent as low as 13, when all the prefectures (except Tokyo and Nagano) have raised the legal age of consent to 18.

Also, All prefectures except Nagano prescribe age of consent to 18. Nagano does not have the regulations for a prefecture, but cities of the inside have the regulations. In other words there are the regulations of the age of consent to 18 in all prefectures.

To make things even more confusing, it is mentioned that 18 is the age of consent for males and 16 is the age of consent for females...yet it is not alright I have sexual relations with a 16 year old unless her parents know (if you are also a minor)?

To be clear, I am all for making 18 the age of consent straight across the board (all prefectures) not only because I think is the moral thing to do, but also because a lot of young women and men are constantly ending up in these complicated legal situations due to the age of consent laws being so damn unclear. What if a man has sexual relations with a woman that lies about her age? Let's say, she claims she is 18 but she is actually 16? 13? or younger? Does the man face charges or not? At what age does the law really end up on in a legal situation? I realize that some women that are not underage, will pretend to be underage to attract men into underage women, but underage women also lie and say they are of legal age as well.

Also, don't the men running these JK (Joshi-Kosei) cafes face charges for having underage girls possibly sexually available for men?

Found this info as well: 1.Penal Law regarding sexual assault(強姦罪,Gou-kan-zai) is a law defining statutory rape. This law protects every individual who is less then 13 years old. (Penal code No. 177 to 184).2.Juvenile Obscene act (淫行条例, Inkkou-Jyourei) is a law which protects minor from “unethical relationships” and protects individual who is under the age of 18.3.Civil Codes (民法 Min-pou)are laws which regulates civil agreements among the citizens, but also Defines everyone under the age of 20 as Juvenile. It protects the rights of the parents and its families. So is the age of consent in Japan actually 20?

Please don't mark this post as spam. I believe I have asked reasonable questions and provided useful information alongside it.

you really shouldn't be worrying about this unless you're a rapist or a pedophile yourself

you really shouldn't be worrying about this unless you're a rapist or a pedophile yourself

That is quite the accusation.

There is nothing wrong with people being curious about the strange and very contradictory laws in the new country they live in. There is actually something in Japan called おやじがり which is where young (often UNDER aged) girls will blackmail older men assumed to have a lot of money to pay them for keeping their mouths shut about telling their family, friends and police about false sexual accusations. It is an easy way for some poorly raised young women to earn money without getting a part time job. This is a very good reason why I study the unclear laws here.

Of course you probably don't even know shit about おやじがり so you just assume I'm a rapist/pedo. Like I said, quite the accusation there buddy.

Last edited:
I really meant someone shouldn't worry about such things unless someone is a rapist or pedophile

I realize this, but what if I didn't post a reply on this thread and left it to sit with your post being the final post?

Everyone on this forum would be wondering if I'm some kind of rapist/pedo! Dude that isn't cool.

but you did reply
why worry about the "what if"

but you did reply
why worry about the "what if"

I guess what I am trying to say is were you trying to tell me to chill out and not worry because I'm not a rapist/pedo or were you intentionally being a dick and trolling me by bringing something like this up in the first place?

No I agree this is a legit question which Ive wondered about myself. Its so confusing. Gov says 13 can consent but here in Tokyo I know its 18..Then you read stuff about someone getting arrested for statutory rape on a 16year old. Which is it ?!

No I agree this is a legit question which Ive wondered about myself. Its so confusing. Gov says 13 can consent but here in Tokyo I know its 18..Then you read stuff about someone getting arrested for statutory rape on a 16year old. Which is it ?!

Yep, exactly. It is fucking retarded bullshit.

The reason why it is stupid is because let's say a guy that is over 18 or 20 hooks up or even just does a little foreplay with a 16 or 17 year old, then his life is fucked up.

Let's say it is a foreigner that doesn't know about these ordinances and thinks the actual age of consent is 13...do the authorities even take this common sense into account? Of course they don't and that is retarded.

Most foreigners have this attitude that it is only the man's fault in this situation and the confusing, bullshit consent law contradictions are just ignored.

If Japanese nowadays feel the same way as foreigners do with regard to 18 being the obvious moral age for consent..then why not abolish the federal age of consent law, which is set at 13?

Like I said, fucking stupid bullshit.