Urgent Help Needed

showaboa

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I really and direly need an answer to a question.

Long story short, I was seeing a sugar baby, giving her an allowance, when a few months ago she took her allowance and ghosted me.

Now she's back claiming that I spread her pictures on the Internet (NOT TRUE) and contacted her friends to send them those pictures.

Again, this is all false, and yet she's threatening to go to the police.

Mainly my concern is the fact that she said that I committed a 「売春」crime and that I AM THE ONE liable for punishment and she is not.

My question is, does this have any standing?

I promise to clarify my situation more, but here are my questions:

1. Can what we did together be considered a crime?

2. Would she not also be responsible?

Thanks in advance for your time, everyone.

I'm just super stressed out and could use some help.

Specifically, and I just remembered, does Article 10 of the Anti-Prostitution Law apply here? What does violating that article entail?

I also forgot to mention that in the same breath that she's accusing me of wrongdoing, she offered to accept some kind of "settlement" that would be arbitrated through a lawyer in lieu of police involvement.

Is this blackmail/extortion?

She's blackmailing you, period.
Block her and don't reply to her any further...

Done and done. She's giving me a play-by-play throughout the day of stuff she's doing, doesn't make any sense.

Things such as "I'm going to the police station now, will tell you what happens".

It's insanity.

What would happen if she showed them our messages?

Again, what she's accusing me of is totally false.

Thanks for the reply, I'm just really freaked out lol. I've literally never heard of this happening, going to the police to report an act you were involved in yourself.

Police won't care. Period.
They may take a report, but considering that they don't take action on actual harassment -- I doubt they'd ever act in this case.

It's very clear that she wants to extort you.

Your reply to her about the police station > "Whatever."

She would have to demonstrate some actual harm otherwise, they'll just send her on her way.

The fact that she would accept a settlement is clear that she's doing this just to get more cash out of you.

TAG Manager is spot on. Block, ignore and move on. Don’t waste your time.

That is a fairly common story on a number of the Papa-Katsu sites. The problem is also once you pay, she (and no doubt the man behind her) will know you are good for the money and keep on hitting you up for more.

For them it is a numbers game. If they can get 5 blokes a month, and 1 or 2 of them fall for a trick like this, then it is a fairly worthwhile proposition. It is also generally easier for them to find a new mug, then chase someone who has blocked them and will not engage.

Going forward, remember don’t use your real name, don’t tell them what you do or where you live and keep a disposable Line account.

Mainly my concern is the fact that she said that I committed a 「売春」crime and that I AM THE ONE liable for punishment and she is not.
By the way, I want to address this specific line directly.

売春 = Prostitution for those who are readling along.

Proving a case in this matter, would be extremely difficult with the way the law is written. She would be more liable -- which really means she doesn't know what she's talking about.
If she goes to the police and admits the case of 売春 - she's implicating herself, directly. The police do not generally care about the client side UNLESS the female is underage.
(There are a number of cases documented of underage girls doing the papakatsu thing and even in one case, nothing happened to the guy but only to the girl involved)

For them it is a numbers game. If they can get 5 blokes a month, and 1 or 2 of them fall for a trick like this, then it is a fairly worthwhile proposition. It is also generally easier for them to find a new mug, then chase someone who has blocked them and will not engage.

Going forward, remember don’t use your real name, don’t tell them what you do or where you live and keep a disposable Line account.
Yup and Yup.

Thanks for the replies @TAG Manager And @Hap Smith .

She claims that she's now been to the police station, shown them evidence, and that I have "24 hours" to reply to her OR "settle" before she makes this "official".

Unreal and beyond belief.

I'm tempted to reply with something snarky but will refrain from doing so.

I can't believe she things I'm dumb enough to believe that someone in Japan can walk into a police station, report an allegation, and then have the power to "barter" with the accused for sums of money.

I have learned my lessons, thank you guys.

Reactions: Tabanico
She claims that she's now been to the police station, shown them evidence, and that I have "24 hours" to reply to her OR "settle" before she makes this "official".
Better not to reply of course, just let it go. If she went to the police station, it's already 'official' and it would be up to the investigators and/or prosecutors to move it forward.
They WILL NOT take a case nor convict someone on any charge just on words alone. If she did report it and someone follows up with you, I'd be very, very surprised.

If it's not too much to ask, where did you meet this person and are they Japanese? At the very least, it would be helpful to know which venue was used so others can be on the alert for a similar case.
People will eventually see this through Google searches and it's helpful to have this kind of stuff documented.

Have seen this before, she hasn’t got a leg to stand on. The only way you get in any trouble for this is if she is under 18, or if she’s under 20 and you took her out of the prefecture and her parents want to take you over the coals.

Prostitution charges (売春) are levelled at the person receiving the money. It is not illegal to be a patron, only to profit from the act.

I would reply « well I went to the Police too to report YOU as a whore and extortionist , besides I know your guy, and I know where you live »
But don’t follow my advice, I’m just a bit psycho :D

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm going back and forth between tentative calm and nervousness.

She keeps sending me little snippets of things she's doing, filing "anonymous" reports with the police on some website or something, reminding me that I have 24 hours to respond.

This is extortion at its finest and I'm tempted to call her out for it, but I'll refrain from doing so based on your guys advice.

I definitely feel harassed haha.

And once again I'd like to say I did NOTHING wrong, and certainly I did not send her pictures to people. Any police can look all they want.

@TAG Manager I agree, I'll probably never speak to an officer.

And yes, I will write about my encounter more in the future. Be extremely careful with who you meet on sugardaddy.jp, and ESPECIALLY if you live in Kansai.

I would reply « well I went to the Police too to report YOU as a whore and extortionist , besides I know your guy, and I know where you live »
But don’t follow my advice, I’m just a bit psycho :D

I would do the first two parts but leave the second two parts out LOL, and the funniest part is I have a good case haha.

Thanks for the encouragement bro.

Have seen this before, she hasn’t got a leg to stand on. The only way you get in any trouble for this is if she is under 18, or if she’s under 20 and you took her out of the prefecture and her parents want to take you over the coals.

Prostitution charges (売春) are levelled at the person receiving the money. It is not illegal to be a patron, only to profit from the act.

We're all good on both fronts, thanks haha. She's a college student over 20.

Certainly she can't just report me for an allegation without involving herself, right?

She keeps going back and forth between I'm 1) stalking her, 2) sharing her pics or 3) trying to give her money for her time and company.

I'm just not gonna reply, thanks again to you all!

I would do the first two parts but leave the second two parts out LOL, and the funniest part is I have a good case haha.

Thanks for the encouragement bro.

naaaah the second two parts are just where the fun begins :)

Last edited:
Certainly she can't just report me for an allegation without involving herself, right?
It's hard enough to get the cops here to do their job even WITH evidence.

It's hard enough to get the cops here to do their job even WITH evidence.
Not for lack of manpower though. Of all the big cities I visited it seems that Tokyo has the most density of cops. I may be wrong though, maybe in other countries they just have more policemen in civilian clothes

Of all the big cities I visited it seems that Tokyo has the most density of cops.
That questionable honour belongs to Vatican city, with more than 15,000 police per 100,000 inhabitants. (Of course, that just means 130 cops.....)

That questionable honour belongs to Vatican city, with more than 15,000 police per 100,000 inhabitants. (Of course, that just means 130 cops.....)
Yeah, your threshold for big city is rather low but you gotta admit , the Vatican is « tough on crime », as Donnie said

Reactions: Sudsy
Yeah, your threshold for big city is rather low but you gotta admit , the Vatican is « tough on crime », as Donnie said

Well they went like 150 years between murders so violent crime there is pretty rare.

Be extremely careful with who you meet on sugardaddy.jp, and ESPECIALLY if you live in Kansai.
Thank you for the confirmation - This site has been fairly busy and it's been discussed on TAG a lot lately. I'm going to post a warning about this in that thread.

I agree with everyone above on the consensus that she’s trying to extort money to no avail. I would like to add that someone might have spread her photos on the internet for real and she is now fishing for information to see if you are to blame amongst her most recent sugar daddies. And no offense to anyone but with the limited resources for mental healthcare in this country, some people have a warped sense of reality and she might have decided that you are the culprit. Similar things happen, to both clients and girls alike.

Last edited: