Guest viewing is limited

Useful site for figuring out rail

stangbangr

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to venture out of my comfort zone, Shinjuku, for P4P for the first time this summer.

I stumbled across this site when I was trying to figure out how to take the train to Yoshiwara:

https://www.rome2rio.com

just put the station names in the from/to fields and it shows all the stops and transfers you might need to take. also has pricing and time info for the trains. Seemed to be very helpful to me instead of trying to decipher the rail maps!!!

After all these years, I still use Hyperdia to plan my trips. It could possibly be a little more accommodating for those of us using the JR Pass, now that I'm no longer a Japan resident and can get the pass but I'm limited to the Hikari and below on the Shinkansen, but Hyperdia has never let me down yet.

Google maps works pretty well these days. Usually it even gets down to the detail of which platform, time and the fare to get somewhere by train if you enter in your starting station and ending station when asking for directions.

Google maps works pretty well these days. Usually it even gets down to the detail of which platform, time and the fare to get somewhere by train if you enter in your starting station and ending station when asking for directions.

i definately use google maps with street view to figure out the walking directions to places. very useful!!

Reactions: Lukes