I plan to give all the giri chocos I will receive to the homeless. Because
1. I dont like this silly office tradition
2. I’m very picky about chocolates and prefer to buy them myself
3. They will hopefully appreciate them more than me

I plan to give all the giri chocos I will receive to the homeless. Because
1. I dont like this silly office tradition
2. I’m very picky about chocolates and prefer to buy them myself
3. They will hopefully appreciate them more than me

You get chocolate at the office? And, no, I don't mean that as a general question regarding Japanese offices. I'm wondering why YOU are getting chocolate.

If know what you're getting is mostly giri-choco anyway, but if you're doing that with them, tell the girls to not waste money on you next time. Saves everyone a bunch of hassle, especially the poor girls who took the time and money to buy you something as a sign of respect.

Last edited:
I'll be the only guy in my office handling out expensive boxed chocolates to all the ladies. (Many of whom are young, sexy, and/or single)

I love how Japanese men refuse to give chocolate out on this day! Gives me the monopoly!
So do you usually get any returns out of this? :)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
The nice girls give ME chocolate in return!
See? It's a brilliant plan that earns me bonus points with the office ladies :rolleyes:
I do like your way better. Some guys "forget" about White Day on purpose.

I have gotten some pretty nice return presents in the past though.

Reactions: RIDER 00
You get chocolate at the office? And, no, I don't mean that as a general question regarding Japanese offices.
I'm wondering why YOU are getting chocolate.
Yeah apparently you always seem shocked I get anything at all from the ladies :D
Answer: why not?

So do you usually get any returns out of this? :)

You've read my very old post about female co-workers at my office, right?
I have had sexual relations with a few of them, but nothing long term.

I will say that at the office, the girls love getting chocolate from me because no other guy is doing this.
They think "Oh, it's almost Valentine's Day. That means Rider 00 will be giving us yummy chocolates soon!"
(And, no, my real name is not Rider 00)

Yeah apparently you always seem shocked I get anything at all from the ladies :D
Answer: why not?

Well, given how open you are about your marital status, what you're getting can only be giri-choco in the lowest form.
Given to a co-worker/boss because he might look down on you if you don't.

Put the poor office ladies out of their misery already.
What a waste of candy.

Reactions: ur19877
I do like your way better. Some guys "forget" about White Day on purpose.

I have gotten some pretty nice return presents in the past though.

Well, I also do a White Day return if I receive chocolate from a girl on Valentine's Day, even if I have already given her one.
DOUBLE BONUS POINTS for me!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Well, given how open you are about your marital status, what you're getting can only be giri-choco in the lowest form.
Given to a co-worker/boss because he might look down on you if you don't.

Put the poor office ladies out of their misery already.
What a waste of candy.

No, I enjoy the respect they give me and the efforts they make, because I’m an asshole. Also I like to give to the homeless because maybe I’m not completely an asshole. I dont think giving to the poor is a « waste ».

No, I enjoy the respect they give me and the efforts they make, because I’m an asshole. Also I like to give to homeless because maybe I’m not completely an asshole. I dont think giving to the poor is a « waste ».

I don't think I'd like having you as my boss if you're thinking that...

Well, considering how the girls shouldn't have bought you chocolate under that pretext in the first place, maybe I should have said "What a waste of money!" My bad. Next time, ask the girls to buy you Kagome Vegetable juice to hand out to the poor, so they know where their money is going to in the end. The homeless people need nutrition, not tons of sugar.

I don't think I'd like having you as my boss if you're thinking that...

Well, considering how the girls shouldn't have bought you chocolate under that pretext in the first place, maybe I should have said "What a waste of money!" My bad. Next time, ask the girls to buy you Kagome Vegetable juice to hand out to the poor, so they know where their money is going to in the end. The homeless people need nutrition, not tons of sugar.

Yeah, me too

I’ll be diligently recording a list of which women in the office have me what for the day, along with client secretaries and the like from offices I info to regularly. This gets turned into the White Day shopping list.

Then I’ll give all the chocolate to my family members that actually like the stuff. I’d rather eat a steak.

I’ll be diligently recording a list of which women in the office have me what for the day, along with client secretaries and the like from offices I info to regularly. This gets turned into the White Day shopping list.

Then I’ll give all the chocolate to my family members that actually like the stuff. I’d rather eat a steak.

I’m interested to know what you buy for White Day? I try to be original but it’s not easy

You've read my very old post about female co-workers at my office, right?
I have had sexual relations with a few of them, but nothing long term.
No, I don't think so. Will look it up.

If I may ask, what is your chocolate of choice?

Reactions: RIDER 00
wtf is all this office talk?
This is why I rarely actually stay in my office. I think my desk actually has dust on it.
You are not interested in all the mind games and high level second-guessing of office chocolates politics? ! :D

I’m interested to know what you buy for White Day? I try to be original but it’s not easy

Something a little nicer than what they gave me. Usually cakes with white frosting, something that can’t be mistaken for a romantic overture.

One lady in our office gets a bottle of Scotch though - which is what she gets for me. She and I share the same opinions on chocolate and other sweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.