Vanilla VS. Kinky

Would you consider yourself "vanilla" or "kinky"?

• Vanilla

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Kinky

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

User#6517

TAG Member
Reaction score
Another random thread.

I'm kind of curious to know what kind of play the majority of users are sexually interested in.

I'm sure most would know what the "vanilla" term means, but just in case, it refers to normal and conventional sex.

I don't think I have to explain "kinky" ;)

For those who don't quite get it... vanilla is tickling your lover with a feather. Kinky is when you come up with ideas for using the whole chicken.

Going by the definition of kinky being "unusual sexual behavior" and vanilla being "usual regular sexual behavior", my general aim is make kinky into vanilla :D, if that makes any sense :geek:

For mongering: Vanilla with the hopes of turning kinky if I repeat with a provider.

With my SO: Started vanilla, turned into crazy kinky, now vanilla if we ever have the opportunity. I'd like to go back to the full-on crazy kinky, but there's more effort / time involved.

No, I don't know what kinky means cause I am so young and not experienced;)
Please share your kinky idea with me. What kind of "kinky" fantasy do you have? What would you like to try with your boy/girl?
( doesn't matter if they are your GF, BF, wife, husband, mistress, secret lover, provider or FWB)

No, I don't know what kinky means cause I am so young and not experienced;)
Please share your kinky idea with me. What kind of "kinky" fantasy do you have? What would you like to try with your boy/girl?
( doesn't matter if they are your GF, BF, wife, husband, mistress, secret lover, provider or FWB)
Are these questions directed at me, or can anyone answer these? Sorry, the quote made me a little confused.. :notworthy:

I personally see myself as a total sub and fancy light BDSM in my personal life. I have experimented with restraints, choking, spanking, blindfolds, and ice play.. have yet to try candle play, edging, and hard BDSM, but I wouldn't mind trying them out in the future.

The loss of control is kind of exciting, and I love dominant men.. but of course, I wouldn't want clients trying this on me unless they were regulars that I could trust in the bedroom.

Oh, I am sorry! The question is not specifically for you but anyone. Should have qualified it.

I like kinky stuff, too! But you are right. You need to find a right partner to enjoy this kind of thing.

Are these questions directed at me, or can anyone answer these? Sorry, the quote made me a little confused.. :notworthy:

I personally see myself as a total sub and fancy light BDSM in my personal life. I have experimented with restraints, choking, spanking, blindfolds, and ice play.. have yet to try candle play, edging, and hard BDSM, but I wouldn't mind trying them out in the future.

The loss of control is kind of exciting, and I love dominant men.. but of course, I wouldn't want clients trying this on me unless they were regulars that I could trust in the bedroom.

Speaking as someone who would enjoy doing all of the above with you, I love that sort of stuff but very rarely get to play as it takes so much trust. Not complaining, the trust it's absolutely essential and you can't rush it, but in my area at least there is only one provider who is totally into kinky play and she only visits a few times a year. Takes a long time to build trust that way.

Never met any woman in my personal life that wanted anything more than vanilla. It's easier to explore kinks these days than ever before I think, but still difficult if your outside certain major metro areas of the world I think where people of like minds have gathered.

Hard to draw the line between vanilla and kinky.
It depends on your definition of what is unusual vs usual.
I tend to think about myself as vanilla, may be sporty vanilla.
Either because I am vanilla or I had so much kinky sex by the past that I put the barrier for kinky a bit too high.

Hard to draw the line between vanilla and kinky.
It depends on your definition of what is unusual vs usual.
I tend to think about myself as vanilla, may be sporty vanilla.
Either because I am vanilla or I had so much kinky sex by the past that I put the barrier for kinky a bit too high.
Thats true. I'm always amazed by guys who will be like "i visit SW for this really kinky thing that i can absolutely NOT do with my girlfriend" and i'd get really scared and all and them turns out they're talking about something like CIM. 笑

Thats true. I'm always amazed by guys who will be like "i visit SW for this really kinky thing that i can absolutely NOT do with my girlfriend" and i'd get really scared and all and them turns out they're talking about something like CIM. 笑
I met a woman some years back who told me her desires were pretty vanilla that she wasn't into kinky stuff at all. Turns out she had a huge collection of strap-ons but OTOH thought that getting my cum anywhere but her pussy was in fact kinky.

Then there was the woman who made cirque de soleil look like an arthritic grandma but wouldn't do blowjobs because "thats too kinky".

Ya never know.

I feel like more people like to say they're kinky when they are actually pretty vanilla. So imma be honest with myself and say i am pretty vanilla, but open to try new things.

I too think that most people want to think of themselves as kinky because it's cool ;)

I'm probably like @Anna Summer and like to spice up things occasionally, but God beware, neither do I want to know what @Sudsy does with a feather less chicken nor how @Wwanderer and a shaved goat are involved.

I mean it's not like you would have no variation just because you stick to more vanilla stuff. But maybe I share @hkAlone 's understanding here ;)