Weekend

No - I can't stand it.

That's just pure win! :D I just might forgive your other shortcomings (giggle) :rolleyes: since we agree on this subject. I too, do not have a face-crap account! I think once you sign up - you're forever linked, unless you used a fake name. I do however have a Mixi account, but it's basically dormant.

I could write a book about crap like this :eek:, it's amazing what people don't realize about putting stuff out there to allow you to even more data mined than you already are. [hate mail, incoming!] Yes, your crap still stinks even if you have it set to private, friends only or whatever the flavor of the week is. :rolleyes:

Sure - there's an argument about forums and such, but face-crap is centered around your real identity and your real friends even though some people are friend whores and will take any friend they can let, lol. :p

All you need to know about me is that my name is Karen, I'm a cake lover and I hate face-crap. :D

All in love & peace! <3

Those are some strong words Karen-chan!

...but I agree!

At least most of my friends could care less about face-crap. Which reminds me, maybe this is true with some companies but I realized yesterday when reading your post that our company has its own literal 'Facebook'. It's a directory of people in various, user selected display order, of pictures taken of each and every employee. Now for me, I sometimes don't like going around to an unfamiliar department asking for a person by name, so i find the company 'facebook' to be useful when looking for someone new. I search their name, find their picture and then go looking for them. (When they don't answer the phone or email right away.)

This is the first company I've worked for that has a system like that on the company's intranet. ~Strange~

Enough rambling, want to get away from work at a reasonable hour!

Don't hate me, but I have a facebook account but don't really use it.

I agree with some of the points made and actually I never created a MySpace account when that was the "hot" thing to do. I only created Facebook so I could view some pictures from a friend of mine. That was about the extent of how I used or still use Facebook. I think Facebook is just a tool for the average person who's not into other tech stuff or forums like most of us are used to.

Well, happy Saturday to you! I'm camped out at the Excelsior Cafe in Akihabara across from Donki. I was shopping but it recently started raining, so I ducked in here and will hang out here for awhile. Don't really have specific plans for tonight, maybe study a little since the JPLT is tomorrow.

-Eliah

Hey Eliah!!! Good to see you, it has been a slow week on the forum! ;)

We (bf & I) just came back from Shinjuku after having a NICE pasta lunch! :D Looks like we will go back out for dinner later tonight; despite the cold and wetness!

I have some friends in America that are obsessed with Facebook and the like and always bug me about looking at their stuff online. That would require me to use Face-crap or whatever the latest social site is at the time. Yeah, it was MySpace long before Face-crap but I just didn't get into it and I was busy socializing in the real world. My BF uses Face-crap and always wants me to join in on his page, I kept telling him NO and I think he finally understands that I'll never give in. :)

Is Chris floating around somewhere? He's been a ghost this week too! Didn't even reply to my provoking text messages! :eek:

<3

I am around - studying for tomorrow's JPLT exam. Trying to get some rest, it was a long week at work.

Don't you mean JLPT? ;)

Where is your exam site?

Oh, is that test happening this weekend? Did not realize it, I should have taken it this month. :eek:

Yes, the JLPT exams are happening tomorrow (Sunday, 12/6). I'll be taking 3-kyuu tomorrow. That reminds me, I need to make sure I know where I'm going in the morning. There was a practice test held on 11/23 - but it was a different location from the real test.

-Eliah

Don't you mean JLPT? ;)

Where is your exam site?

Yes, yes.. Ms. Perfect. :p

I'm sitting here watching Ice Skating on TV Asahi and flipping through kanji and vocabulary words.... what an exciting Saturday night! :mad:

I'm going to Chofu btw. I'm just so excited to get up that early and to go so far... :rolleyes:

I'm going to the JLPT tomorrow as well, but somewhere near Yokohama. Sorry I've been kind of absent around here lately. I've been working and studying for this test and TRYING to find a life outside of my apartment. I will be sticking with a 弁当 tonight for dinner... but I'm skipping the Ice skating on TV, lol.

lol... Kias.

I have to travel over 1 hour to get to my test site. :( How about you? Where are you coming from?

...I'm skipping the Men's skating... waiting for the women's skating to come back. I ordered Domino's pizza tonight in lieu of the bento.

No, I don't have CTV - but I do have a slingbox setup from back home. :p Not much on anywhere right now. Forced to study I guess!

You guys are the post whores. I will be back after dinner, bf and I are headed out now. Guess we're going back to Shinjuku again.

Chris - respond to my text! .... now!